Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Takeover bridge

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Takeover bridge

No one can figure out why we keep showing unknown takeover bridge error on touchscreen and it beeps randomly. Just had installation on Saturday. It's awful!
Accepted Solution

Re: Takeover bridge

Thanks.

In this case, ours was caused by the installation contractor's error when installing the takeover equipment. He should have replaced our old vendor's wireless door sensor and wireless card in the control panel with XFinity equipment. He didn't, so the old wireless setup was causing our takeover equipment to throw an "unknown error". Once an in-house Xfinity technician came out, he diagnosed and corrected the problem right away. No issues since then.

BTW, for anyone considering an Xfinity Home installation, *ALWAYS* insist that an in-house Xfinity tech come out. The subcontractors that Xfinity/Comcast use are worthless IMHO. Whether it's been cable, internet, or home, I've never had a good experience with the subs. This last sub actually had to FaceTime with his boss the entire time he was at my house to talk him through the conversion, and they still got it wrong. Thanks goodness for the in-house Xfinity tech!

View answer in context
Contributor

I was told that if you had a previous alarm company, and it does a random test (Like picking up the line, etc), it can trigger that error. 

Regular Visitor

Thanks.

In this case, ours was caused by the installation contractor's error when installing the takeover equipment. He should have replaced our old vendor's wireless door sensor and wireless card in the control panel with XFinity equipment. He didn't, so the old wireless setup was causing our takeover equipment to throw an "unknown error". Once an in-house Xfinity technician came out, he diagnosed and corrected the problem right away. No issues since then.

BTW, for anyone considering an Xfinity Home installation, *ALWAYS* insist that an in-house Xfinity tech come out. The subcontractors that Xfinity/Comcast use are worthless IMHO. Whether it's been cable, internet, or home, I've never had a good experience with the subs. This last sub actually had to FaceTime with his boss the entire time he was at my house to talk him through the conversion, and they still got it wrong. Thanks goodness for the in-house Xfinity tech!

Official Employee

Hi Tsw1! I can help you look into your Home Security issue. Before doing so, can you please send me a private message with the street address and phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message, click on my name, then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

No need for any further action from Comcast. As I mentioned in my previous post, the Comcast employee who visited my house was able to fix the problem. Thanks.

Official Employee

Greta! I'm happy our tech was able to come out and get everything working for you!

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am having the same takeover bridge error problems as the other posters.  I get the error every few minutes, we have had three  sub-contractor technicians out to fix it.  The last sub contractor just left and said he could not fix the problem.  I need an in house Xfinity service technician to come out and fix this problem ASAP.  This has been unbelievably frustrating.

Official Employee

HI Customer9903,

Sorry for the delay. Has this issue with your security system been resolved? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation