members

online now

discussions

Takeover Sensor

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 8

What is a takeover sensor and why must it's battery be replaced 1 week after it was installed?

7 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 8

well the takeover part usually suggests that the sensor was already present before the install, or at least is not a sensor that comcast specifically supplies (thus comcast had to "takeover" that signal the device outputs and incorporates that with their security system)

however since you're mentioning about being confused on why the battery is already dead/dying, it sounds like that sensor was one that comcast supplied. and dead batteries on arrival seem to be at least somewhat common. although it could just be that all you need to do is take the batteries and put them back in. here's a link on how to change the batteries http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/home-security/xh-device-battery-replacement

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 8

The takeover sensor battery is the battery found in your alarm panel. alarm battery.jpg  At installation the tech should have installed a new battery, if they did, you may be experiencing the firmware issue that came up on takeovers.  The solution to the firmware issue is to power down the panel for 10 mins and then power it back up, causing it to pull the new firmware.  If you are not comfortable powering down the panel then you would just need a tech to come out and do it.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 8

I'm getting the Takeover sensor low battery warning..is this the main battery on the panel? Comcast did take over an existing system last year...The came last week and replaced the battery on the touch screen module, but obviously that didn't work...thanks

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 8

see my previous response.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 8

Where would the alarm panel be?  Is that the key pad?  I am getting the same 'takeover bridge low battery' warning. 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 7 of 8

Just had this issue last month, it's a relatvely simple fix: I assume panels are located in different places depending on peoples houses, but ours was in a closet. Just call Comcast, have them send a tech, and make sure they replace the battery in the panel, not the one in the touchscreen. We had a tech tell us that the touchscreen was the "takeover bridge" and that's what the message referred to (5 min after he left, I got the same low battery warning). The battery is the size of a motorcycle battery or so, it's quite large and I'm assuming not something more general battery stores carry. Either way, Comcast replaced ours for free so if you can handle the wait for them to come out and swap it, I'd recommend that.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 8 of 8

If you have questions about resetting the "low battery message", see here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Devices-and-Equipment/How-do-I-reset-the-low-battery-alert-after-changi...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.