Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Support for Nest Thermostat...but NOT Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms?!?!

New Poster

Support for Nest Thermostat...but NOT Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms?!?!

One of the reasons I felt good about switching from Vivint to Xfinity was that Xfinity splashes "Works with Nest" on everything.

I installed my Nest Smoke Alarm yesterday and started searching for how to connect it to my security system....ZING!!! I failed to see that Xfinity's advertising actually is "WORKS WITH NEST thermostats"

I am NOT happy about this. Xfinity reaps the benefits of the popular Nest brand by splashing their name all over the place. More importantly, they reap more profit from the Nest brand by pricing their no-name smoke detector at exactly the same price as the Nest models. So they get the no-name smoke detector at a great wholesale price and them sell it at the high retail price set by Nest.

Meanwhile they put the safety of their customers at risk with this bait and switch because lots of people who use Nest can't connect their smoke/CO alarms to monitoring. So big security companies like Vivint and even low margin smaller companies like SimpiSafe can figure this out but not a massive gizzilion billion company like Comcast/Xfinity. Please.

Please start putting the safety and service ahead of the dollar and support Nest Smoke detectors.

Thank you for your consideration.

Tags (3)
Official Employee

Re: Support for Nest Thermostat...but NOT Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms?!?!

Hello, dschoe99 - We definitely appreciate your feedback. Our website does specify that at this point in time we only support Nest thermostats. You can find more information here: https://www.xfinity.com/home-security/devices.html. I'd be happy to pass your feedback to the XH team and if they would be any changes - we will officially announce them on our main forum page. 

Thank you!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation