members

online now

discussions

Special "panic" disarming capability?

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

Does xfinity home have any kind of capability where if someone follows you into the house and forces you to disarm the system, you can enter a special code which will disarm the system AND call the central station to let them know there is a problem at the house?  I have previously had an alarm system like that and it just made me feel better.  Sadly, that particular company does not provide monitoring in our new state, hence Xfinity Home.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 3

Yes there is a duress code used to signal the silent alarm.

To change your current duress code, on the touchscreen with the system disarmed:

1 - Go to settings

2 - Enter master pin code (typically the same one you use to arm and disarm the system)

3 - Go to security

4 - Choose manage keypad codes

5 - Edit the code named "Duress"

While making the changes, also ensure that the duress code is "enabled" and is different than any other code you use to arm and disarm the system with.  Also, when finished making the changes, click on the save button.

A little extra information for you on the duress codes:  When it is used, the first phone number in your contact list WILL NOT be called to verify any issues.  All other phone numbers will receive a call stating that the duress code has been used and the police have been dispatched.  Taking your scenario into account, this is to prevent the person who followed you home and forced disarming from knowing / being aware of anything going on in the background.  Use this code sparingly due to the fact that you will not be given the chance to report it as a false alarm unless you contact the monitoring station directly and let them know what happened.  In case you ever run into this issue, the phone # for the Central Monitoring Station is:

800-455-1207, option # 1.

Official Comcast Employees names are in Red. "Experts" are customers who volunteer their time in the Help forums. Only Official Comcast Employees have access to your account information.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.

If Any One Has Any Other Questions / Personal Concerns Please
Click Here To Private Message Me.

<

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 3
This feature appears to only be available on the touchscreen, not the portal or mobile app