New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Removal Of Home security System

Highlighted
New Poster

Removal Of Home security System

How can I Find how to request removal of a home security system?

Service Expert

Re: Removal Of Home security System

HowcanIreachsom wrote:

How can I Find how to request removal of a home security system?

If this is a Comcast Home Security System, you will need to call into COmcast to cancel or downgrade any of their services... they do not offer this onine.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you, Geek 46, I was finally able to get through on their1-800-comcast number and to contact someone who actually wanted to help me. The system is now removed, thankfully. 

Again thank you very much.

MCL

Contributor

I take it you completed your 2 or 3 year contract with Comcast, otherwise they would have surcharged a cancellation fee as well any months remaining on the contract?

In completing the Comcast contract, don't you own the equipment (sensors, cameras, sirens, thermostats, lighting modules...) except for the Controller and Router (if cameras were hardwired)?

What did the Techs take away with them?

Regular Contributor

you can cancel within the first 30 days, as comcast does offer a 30 day money-back gaurantee with no early termination fees. the etf's only come into effect on day 31. if you do cancel within that time frame comcast has return ALL of the equipment, but if you cancel after those first 30 days (doesn't matter if etfs are charged or not, think of the etf as paying for the equipment) then all the equipment is your's to own, however two devices would have to returned no matter what, which is the touchscreen/tablet thing as well as the netgear security router