Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Promise of 5 sensors was not honored

New Poster

Promise of 5 sensors was not honored

When we switched to Xfinity Home security we were to receive 5 sensors. Supposedly the current wireless sensors were compatible. The technician claimed it was not possible to leave the sensors but he would note the account that we had 5 sensors to be used at a later date when we had windows replaced. We replaced the old windows 7 months later. Called Xfinity and first rep indicated he saw the note but he was not able to honor. He indicated he would check when his Supervisor returned from break and would return a call to us. No call. Next day, the second rep claimed there was no such note and transferred the call to another department. Waited a few minutes and was disconnected. Third call was mostly apologies that the installer should never have told me that. 

Future customers be aware sensors only last a few years and need to be replaced. Xfinity only replaces their own sensors not the ones that were compatible. 

Official Employee

Re: Promise of 5 sensors was not honored

Hey Car_martin,

I understand how this can be frustrating. The reason we will not support equipment that is not owned or provided by us is to ensure if something were to happen, we could replace or repair it. Because your previous sensors were owned by a previous provider, we wouldn't be able to offer the same support. As for our sensors, if the batteries need to be replaced, our techs can come out to get it done, or you can purchase and replace them on your own. 

I located your account by using the email address you have registered with the Forums. I've emailed you some additional information that will hopefully provide more clarity about our sensors and battery replacements. You can also find more information here, Replace the Batteries in Your XFINITY Home Devices

If you'd like me to see if I am able to locate notes from what the install tech promised I can. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

I also wanted to clarify that any additional sensors or equipment that is needed outside of what was offered in your install, not including any brought from the previous provider, would be charged as additional equipment.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

I may be wrong, but it sounds like Car_martin purchased a  package that was to include 5 sensors.  At the time he/she had existing windows that had existing sensors but the windows were to be replaced at a later date so it didn't make sense to put the five sensors that were to come with the package on at the time so the tech held off on installing the sensors.  If the package included the sensors then they are still owed to him as they were to be part of the package and he didn't get them.  Comcast still owes him the five senors as they were not installed and were part of a package that it sounds like he paid for.

Official Employee

Thanks for your input @spacecadet57

If that is the case, we will still need to investigate further before making any promises of any compensation. We will follow up with Car_martin to make sure we are able to make this right. Thanks. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation