Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Passphrase

Frequent Visitor

Passphrase

So the new update requires a passphrase taking away my ability to make some changes, rename sensors, the ability to add some types of sensors, etc.  This is MY equipment that I pay Xfinity to monitor.  Why did you lock me out?  If I want to add something that requires this passphrase, will you give it to me? 

Service Expert

Re: Passphrase

What is asking for a passphrase?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Same here, touchscreen is looking for a passphrase. I used my passphrase (security word) and that did not work. The 4321 to allow you to add a light switch for example is not there after the latest touchscreen update.

Official Employee

The 4321 used to be for tech access. The premise passphrase is another layer of security for Techs only because the 4321 was too widely known.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

So can I add a light switch or do I need to call a tech out everytime additional equipment is added?

Official Employee

1Starbrite wrote:

So can I add a light switch or do I need to call a tech out everytime additional equipment is added?

Just use your master code to add Home Device equipment. It won't allow changes to sensors (add, delete, edit) without a technician

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

If you are going to remove the ability to have the 4321 code then you need to at least allow us to add sensors to the system.  I understand not being able to remove them but if I want to add another window or motion sensor I shouldn't have to call out a tech.  This is a waste of my time and theirs.  Please add this feature.  

Frequent Visitor

All, the only thing that should be needed is to use the App to add the devices. I had used the display a few months ago thinking that was the way it was needed to be done. The app alows you the ability to do this. I understand Comcasts reason for removing the 4321 for liability reasons. If you can add devices using the app there should be no reason you need "Technician Level" access to the system. Comcast is worried (Like every other big comany) about being sued.

Valued Contributor

There is still no way to add a window/door sensor or motion sensor using the app.  You can add locks, lights, cameras and thermostats but no sensors.  I understand removing the access to the tech codes but we still need to be able to add sensors without the techs having to visit.

Frequent Visitor

What is the problem with 4321 being known?  If I want to add another door sensor or motion sensor or even rename them, I should be able to do so without a tech coming out. 

Service Expert

Fhartski wrote:

What is the problem with 4321 being known?  If I want to add another door sensor or motion sensor or even rename them, I should be able to do so without a tech coming out. 

For security reasons?  If I know it, then I can make unauhtorized changes to any other XHome customer?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Then they should allow me to choose what the passphrase is if it is for security reasons.  I hope they are willing to give me the passphrase when I have a sensor to add because I am NOT paying for a tech visit for that.  I guess I will find out in time.

New Poster

need to re pair my key pad. Give me th

@ wrote:

Just use your master code to add Home Device equipment. It won't allow changes to sensors (add, delete, edit) without a technician

passphrase

New Poster

How about we just CANCEL our service?   There are too many options now for BETTER TV, SECURITY and UPLOAD SPEEDS and I really don't use the download speed enough to put up with the BIG BROTHER ABUSIVE Attitude.   Before this change I was happy with the system  Added some sensors set up IR in one room.  Now I have a bad sensor and NO I DON"T WANT TO INVITE A TECH INTO MY HOME.. defeates the idea if SECURE HOME.

So if I dont' fine a way back into the ADMIN PANEL you will be sending me to your competitors.. 

New Poster

I believe this pass phrase is unique to the customer account number, also it’s only good for one time log in, you’ll require an new pass phrase for the next time you want to make changes to the system. So I would think their tech support should be able to provide these.?.?
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation