Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Night Vision Not Working on Xfinity Home Camera

New Poster

Night Vision Not Working on Xfinity Home Camera

When I initially had my Home system installed, the camera worked well and had a very clear picture at night without any lights on.  I had to have another sensor installed and mentioned to the installer that sometimes the camera buffered.  He spent 3.5 hours here, put in a new router and a new camera because he thought the signal it was getting was too weak.  Ever since then, the night vision does not work on the new camera.  Another technician came the following week and did not understand what the issue was.  He thought the camera may not have night vision, but I was told by the initial installer it did, it actually did until the new camera (same model) was installed, and it states online that the camera has night vision.  So he put in a new camera, thinking it could have just been defective.  Still having the same issue. The last technician was very nice and gave me his cell number to call directly if the new camera didn't work, so I called him and he said he would escalate to Engineering and get back to me this week.  However, I would love to get some ideas without having another wasted visit.  I just read another message on this forum that said the camera should have two red lights on at night to indicate the infrared night vision is on and I don't have that, just a flashing blue light.  Any idea what the issue may be and what I can do to correct it?  I called Comcast tonight to say I want a refund, as the service has not been working for two weeks and was told I would have to call billing in the morning.  It is extremly time consuming to call Comcast and I really don't want to spend any more time on the phone going through the annoying automated prompts that send me to the wrong place.

Official Employee

Re: Night Vision Not Working on Xfinity Home Camera

If you have a blue light it sounds like you have one of the new xCams. That light should be solid after you pair it, not flashing.

Have you tried resetting the camera using the button on the back? You might need to unplug and plug the power adapter back in - it should also have a solid blue light on it.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

The blue light is solid, not flashing.

New Poster

Did this ever get resolved and how? I had an XCam installed to replace an outside camera and no night vision

New Poster

What do the flashing yellow lights on the camera itself and WiFi box it plugs into mean? I cant get this camera to connect. i un plugged and plugged, reset, repaired.....still wont connect.
Valued Contributor

Make sure that the setting for the camer is set to outdoor.  This can be reached from the web portal by clicking on the setting (wheel) icon on the camera screen.  It made a difference for one of mine that I had outside.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation