Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

New Modem will my XHome still work

New Poster

New Modem will my XHome still work

Hello All, 

Planning on getting an Arris 6190 to replace my current Xfinity Wifi/Router/Modem. 

I use my own Asus router.. Question is that if I replace my modem with the Arris 6190 will the Xfinity Home still work? 

Official Employee

Re: New Modem will my XHome still work

wrote:

Hello All, 

Planning on getting an Arris 6190 to replace my current Xfinity Wifi/Router/Modem. 

I use my own Asus router.. Question is that if I replace my modem with the Arris 6190 will the Xfinity Home still work? 

You will need a Netgear router tech installed so your XH service can continue to function properly.

Expert

wrote:

Hello All, 

As comcastandrew said, I started out with a separate modem for my XHome system; it was a free install for me.  When I got my Arris XB3 router, I was able to eliminate the modem.

Edit:  router not modem

Expert

wrote:

As comcastandrew said, I started out with a separate **modem** for my XHome system; it was a free install for me.  When I got my Arris XB3 router, I was able to eliminate the **modem**.

For clarity. It's a separate / side-car Netgear *router*, not a "modem".