New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Device Added to Works with XFINITY Home Program

Posted by
Admin1

Message 1 of 12

Works with XFINITY Home is an XFINITY Home program that allows compatible third-party devices to integrate with the XFINITY Home platform and app. Partnering with industry leaders in the smart home space will help us continue to grow the XFINITY Home business and deliver meaningful and unique smart home experiences to our customers.

As of today, the Sengled LED Wireless Lightbulb partner device is now compatible with XFINITY Home. There's no additional cost to use Works with XFINITY Home. All customers need is an active XFINITY Home service, a compatible Works with XFINITY Home device and the XFINITY Home app for mobile devices. Please note the following about partner devices:

• All devices are ZigBee-controlled
  • Onboarding (installation, pairing, configuration) to be completed via the Add a Device screen in the XFINITY Home app
  • Integration with iControl pairing and backend configuration

For more information on Works with XFINITY Home see here: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/home-control/works-with-xfinity-home-faq/

**UPDATE 01/25/2017**

The following partner devices are now compatible with XFINITY Home:

• GE (Jasco) Plug-in Dimmer
  • GE (Jasco) Plug-in Switch
  • GE (Jasco) In-Wall Relay
  • GE (Jasco) In-Wall Dimmer

There's no additional cost to use Works with XFINITY Home. All customers need is active XFINITY Home service, a compatible Works with XFINITY Home device and the XFINITY Home app for mobile devices.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
11 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 12

But on their site said they were not compatible. Who is right?

Their list compatible devices: http://www.ezzigbee.com/hubs/

Also, do these switches need another hub or they can connect directly to comcast panel?

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 12

I want to chat with somebody about a delivery being made to the wrong address.  Why is it so hard to speak with you??????

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 4 of 12

I don't know about the bulbs, but the Ge switches and plug in modules work directly with the Xfinity system.  They even show up on the touch screen and can be controlled by an existing Xfinity interface including the touchscreen, TV app, web portal and mobile app. Nothing else is needed. Paring is a snap.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 12

I have a ge plug in smart switch and it won't pair with my touchscreen. 

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 6 of 12
Posted by
Contributor

Message 7 of 12

Tb457 wrote:
Is it zigbee or zwave?

It was a zwave. I returned it for a Centralite lamp controller. It paired fine along with a Sengled LED bulb. Both on Amazon for reasonable prices. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 8 of 12

When will if ever Xfinity Home be compatible with Philips Hue? These are very popular bulbs, why can't I control it from my app. Please fix that. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 9 of 12

Works with XFINITY Home: Philips Hue Bulbs Now Compatible

Philips Hue wireless LED lightbulb devices are now compatible within the XFINITY Home Platform and compatible with the XFINITY Home Mobile App.

These devices are Wifi Cloud-Connected devices similar to Nest, Chamberlain, August, and Lutron.

Wireless light bulb devices from the Philips Hue site are now compatible with Xfinity Home, including but not limited to the following popular bulb models: 

Philips Hue White Ambiance A19 Light Bulb (Model #929001199803) 

Philips Hue White Ambiance GU10 Spot Light (Model #929001257701) 

Philips Hue White Ambiance BR30 Flood Light (Model #929001259604)

A full overview of supported products from Philips Hue can be found the Philips Hue site: http://www2.meethue.com/en-us/products/ Important note: The Philips Hue Wi-Fi Bridge (Model #929001180603) is required to control Phillip Hue light bulbs via the XFINITY Home app for mobile devices.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 10 of 12

For the SengLED LED bulbs, is a SengLED Hub required or can the Xfinity Home touchscreen communicate directly with the bulbs?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 11 of 12

AlexK81 wrote:

For the SengLED LED bulbs, is a SengLED Hub required or can the Xfinity Home touchscreen communicate directly with the bulbs?

I connected them to the Xfinity home touchscreen. After I inserted  in the bulbs and turned on the lights they started dimming to show they were ready to pair. I used the touchscreen at that point; settings, enter your code, devices. I saw a message that said searching then tapped next when they showed up. They paired and I renamed them. Afterward you can log into Xfinity home and create rules to turn them on and off at certain times. You can also have them turn on when your alarm goes off. I did this a while ago, so sorry if I've skipped a step but it's not hard to pair them. I bought them on Amazon which described them as a 22 year bulb. When all was done they showed up on our iPhones and iPads. We can also turn them on and off from the apps as well. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 12 of 12

@archangel_21 Where do you see options to control.add Phillips Hue Bridge and bulbs under the Xfinity Home Mobile App?