Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Netgear Router interference

New Poster

Netgear Router interference

I already had my own arris modem and the Apple wifi router.  Everything was fine and I was getting wifi connection in the entire house.

Then, I got xfinity home setup.  The tech setup a new Netgear router off of an ethernet port from my Apple router.  The netgear router transmits its own wifi network.  Suddenly, I no longer have wifi in places where I used to have full signal.  And it is intermittent - so no problem showed up when the xfinity tech came to my home.  The tech replaced the netgear with another one, just in case the previous netgear was bad.  No joy.  I am still having issues.

If I unplug the netgear, I get wifi back with NO problem.

I feel there is a configuration issue somewhere.  Any suggestions/recommendations?

Official Employee

Re: Netgear Router interference

psinghal937, it sounds like the issue might be with all the routers diluting the signal. The XFINITY Home router is needed for XFINITY Home service. Let's take a look at what's going on in the back end. Please send me your full name and phone number for help in private message. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation