Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Low volume

Frequent Visitor

Low volume

I have the alarm volume maxed to 7, and it is barely audible anywhere except in the room that the touchscreen is in. I tried to chat with a representative yesterday and they kept insisting there was a physical volume button on the side of the unit, nope. I then called in and the next suggestion was for me to buy a add-on siren for $99 and install for $49, oh and its a know issue. I've had the alarm for under 2 weeks, sad response to an known issue.

Official Employee

Re: Low volume

Hello gguilliot, are you referring to the volume on your home security system or are you referring to the volume on your cell phone? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Home security system

We just had the Xfinity Home alarm system installed, but find that the alarm siren/noise is really low. The touchscreen has to be in a spare room and not in the master bedroom due to signal strength issues. I have the volume turned to 7, which is the highest it will go. I have called called and been told that this is a known issue, with no resolution date, and the only options are 10 deal with it, 2) pay for a siren add on for $99, and $49 install, 3) cancel. 

I would think the alarm siren would be a pretty important part of the entire system as a whole. $150 is pretty ridiculous for a siren. Is this really a known issue and is there an ETA on a fix? Seriously I am not going to pay $150 for a siren. 

Official Employee

gguilliot, I'm following up for Amir while he's out of the office. 

The sound of the alarm comes from the Touchscreen. This is not a known issue, this is by design. But yes, you can purchase a siren that will also sound the alarm. 

KenF

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Just to be clear; A low volume alarm is by design, and it is to have me buy additional equipment? And the 2 representatives I spoke with on the phone were incorrect saying it was a known issue, but said it anyway (feel free to find the recording). 

I do not know who to believe, other than the common theme of give more money.

Official Employee

Thanks for bringing that up, I think I missed something. I was referring to the siren coming from the touch screen itself. 

I don't have a way of measuring the sound decibels from your touch screen save sending a tech to witness in person. What troubleshooting have you done? Rebooted the touch screen? Check for an update? Has it always been like this, or did you notice the volume change recently? 

KenF

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

We just installed 10 days ago, so it has always been like this, and yes it is the sound from the touchscreen. 

Touchscreen has been rebooted, ensured volume is at it's highest no updates available at last check. 

Official Employee

Cool. I just checked in with my XFINITY Home connect and was told there was a known issue a week ago, but that has been resolved. 

Allow me to try to push a new firmware update to your touchscreen manually (if available). Please send me your full name and a your address via private message so I can do so. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Valued Contributor

There are two work arounds that I have heard of.  The one that I tried and worked is to go into the touchscreen settings and the volume controls screen.  There you will find two settings for volume.  Alternate pressing the bottom setting (will read 7) and the volume botton on the side of the touchscreen.  Do it fast and the volume should slowly go up.  A second work around that is suppose to work is to adjust the volume while the system is in the process of arming.  I haven't tried this myself.

Regular Visitor

This will work on older model, the new model doesn’t have volume adjustment on the side of the touchscreen. I used to have the older model but when I moved to a different house the tech guy replaced it with newer model so now I’m stuck with low volume notification...
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation