members

online now

discussions

LOW SOUND ON TOUCHSCREEN

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

LOW SOUND ON TOUCHSCREEN

We had an update last week and for one day the sound for door chimes was really loud then the next day the sound went really low and stayed that way.  I went to the settings and it is set on high but the chime sound is still really low. Is this a problem with the touch screen?

Accepted Solution

Re: LOW SOUND ON TOUCHSCREEN

There are two work arounds that I have heard of.  The one that I tried and worked is to go into the touchscreen settings and the volume controls screen.  There you will find two settings for volume.  Alternate pressing the bottom setting (will read 7) and the volume botton on the side of the touchscreen.  Do it fast and the volume should slowly go up.  A second work around that is suppose to work is to adjust the volume while the system is in the process of arming.  I haven't tried this myself.

View answer in context
New Poster

I'm having the same issue Kevin. Any solutions?
Frequent Visitor

It's a known problem to Comcast. Last I heard, on the 6th, they were working on a fix. It's been 7 straight days without the sound on mine. I hear no sound at all, not even a low sound. I'm extremely frustrated!

Here is a link to the thread they acknowledge knowing about it:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Devices-and-Equipment/Unable-to-hear-the-sensors-volume-too-low/m-p/295...

New Poster

Still no resolution as mine is still barely audible on the highest setting.
New Poster

Has there been any resolution to this? It’s very annoying and inconvenient.
New Poster

I read on another post that you can increase the volume while the system is alarming.  I tried it tonight and it worked.  

Contributor

Is there any update on this?  It's been 2 months since the  update that messed up the sound.

Service Expert

JBBooks wrote:

Is there any update on this?  It's been 2 months since the  update that messed up the sound.

Did you try rebooting the touchscreen recently?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Several times.  I can try agin, but I don't think it will make a difference.

RobertWy wrote:

JBBooks wrote:

Contributor

JBBooks wrote:

Several times.  I can try agin, but I don't think it will make a difference.

RobertWy wrote:

JBBooks wrote:

As expected, rebooting had no effect.  The arm/disarm chime, as well as the entry alert sound can barely be heard.

Service Expert

Did you find this:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/home-security/change-sound-settings-for-touchscreen/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Same issue here, has anyone found a solution?
Valued Contributor

There are two work arounds that I have heard of.  The one that I tried and worked is to go into the touchscreen settings and the volume controls screen.  There you will find two settings for volume.  Alternate pressing the bottom setting (will read 7) and the volume botton on the side of the touchscreen.  Do it fast and the volume should slowly go up.  A second work around that is suppose to work is to adjust the volume while the system is in the process of arming.  I haven't tried this myself.

New Poster

Thank you! I was wondering why the volume suddenly went extremely low, seems like after Hurricane Harvey in the Houston area. I used your first workaround and it worked perfectly.  Thanks again!