Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Keypad lights

Regular Visitor

Keypad lights

I tried to set my alarm as usual from the keypad, and was unable to do so, instead having to resort to the touchscreen and run across the house to make it out before the alarm activated.  The lights for the three modes at the top of the keypad were cycling through in what looked like a pattern.  There was no indication whatsoever that anything was amiss when I used the touchscreen.  What the fudge do these lights indicate and why can't I find it on the faq anywhere??? How do I fix this?????????????

Official Employee

Re: Keypad lights

If it’s like a “Knight Rider” effect where the red lights scroll across the 3 different arm choices? Pull the batteries and put back in. Do you not have the ability to use the Xfinity Home app on a mobile device?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

When I got home that day, everything was working as per usual. I wouldn't describe it as a back and forth effect, like in Knight Rider, but more like cycling through.  Regardless, I *WAS* able to use my app, as well as the touchscreen, but NEITHER of these things registered that there were any issues whatsoever with the keypad (like low battery or inability to connect wirelessly).

In any case, it's working for now. 

Regular Visitor

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it didn't work again this morning. This time, I guess you could describe the lights cycling R-L-R like K.I.T.T. in Knight Rider.  So NOW what's wrong with the blasted thing?  Is my $150/month not enough to ensure everything works??

Service Expert

@DSCahan wrote:

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it didn't work again this morning. This time, I guess you could describe the lights cycling R-L-R like K.I.T.T. in Knight Rider.  So NOW what's wrong with the blasted thing?  Is my $150/month not enough to ensure everything works??

Did you pull the batteries?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation