Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Is there a way to disable a door sensor UNTIL it is MANUALLY re-enabled and not at next re-arm.

Regular Visitor

Is there a way to disable a door sensor UNTIL it is MANUALLY re-enabled and not at next re-arm.

WE have to keep a cat home for several weeks and can not close the garage door where his litter his. I do want to have to by-pass the garage door each time I need to arm the alarm.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Official Employee

Re: Is there a way to disable a door sensor UNTIL it is MANUALLY re-enabled and not at next re-arm.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but security sensors are unbypassed (or re-enabled) each time the security system is disarmed.  This is a feature to ensure that a security sensor is not inadvertently left bypassed, when the system is armed.  You may disable a sensor from the Touchscreen itself or remotely from the Web or mobile app.

Web:  https://home.xfinity.com

Mobile:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/home-security/download-xfinity-home-security-iphone-app/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Is there a way to disable a door sensor UNTIL it is MANUALLY re-enabled and not at next re-arm.

I assume that when you say "you can disable a sensor from the console or app" you met by-pass, or actually turn off the sensor with the slider on the sensor page. But that again will be re-arm next time.

Removing the battery is also useless since everyhour the warning will come back.  I seriously thing that the console and app should provide this feature.

Service Expert

Call XHome Service 1-877-298-0874

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation