Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Inverted Cameras

Frequent Visitor

Inverted Cameras

Can Xfinity cameras be mounted inverted from a ceiling? Can cameras be purchased with a shorter cord or can the power cords be professionally shortened?
Expert

Re: Inverted Cameras

@ScottyBryce wrote:
Can Xfinity cameras be mounted inverted from a ceiling? Can cameras be purchased with a shorter cord or can the power cords be professionally shortened?

I have two cameras and the installer ran the power cords just as I wanted.  Not sure about orientation.

Try calling XHome Services 1-877-298-0874

Valued Contributor

Yes, the cameras can be rotated around in their mounting bracket to mount upside down.  As far as the power cord goes the cord typically has to be shortened by a tech since it requires a special terminated RJ45 plug on the end of the camera to splice into the power pack or extension.  

Frequent Visitor

Ok cool, thank you, will the comcast installer shorten the wires that need it and flip the cameras for me???
Expert

@ScottyBryce wrote:
Ok cool, thank you, will the comcast installer shorten the wires that need it and flip the cameras for me???

My installer did.

Official Employee

At time of install, before the camera is installed, go over what you’d like done with the installer.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you