Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How to remove device from Home Secure Panel

ANSWERED
New Poster

How to remove device from Home Secure Panel

I have a door sensor I would like to remove from my devices .... how do I do that without always having to bypass it.  I want it totally removed from my system... Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Re: How to remove device from Home Secure Panel

bearbean wrote:

I have a door sensor I would like to remove from my devices .... how do I do that without always having to bypass it.  I want it totally removed from my system... Any help would be appreciated.

Your XFINITY Home package requires a technician to remove and add sensors via your touchscreen. If you’d like for me to schedule an appointment at your next convenience, please send me a private message.

I’m happy to assist.

View answer in context
Regular Contributor

If you would remove a device from a door (likely external door), why have a home security system? 

Official Employee

bearbean wrote:

Your XFINITY Home package requires a technician to remove and add sensors via your touchscreen. If you’d like for me to schedule an appointment at your next convenience, please send me a private message.

I’m happy to assist.

--
John
xfinity.com/experience

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

What a rip off!

same thing happened to me, contractor replaced our window and somehow busten the smaller part of the window sensor.  

Called Comcast,  they're asking $50 for a new sensor plus an additional $50 for someone to double sided tape it back to the new window.

I don't mind the $50 for the sensor, but the cost to stick something to the window?  absolute bull****.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation