Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How do I reset the low battery alert after changing batteries.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 23

I changed thermostat batteries after receiving the alert.  Low battery alert stays on.  How do I get it to reset?

22 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 23
Take the top cover off and try the reset button.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 23
I'm having the same issue. I tried the reset several times but it didn't help. The low battery alert went away on the thermostat but I still get alerts on the touchscreen and app saying low battery.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 23

Same thing is happening to me.  I replaced the batteries but the message keeps popping up in the control panel. It beeps once or twice a day, typically in the middle of the night...

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 23

Wow I am glad I found others having the same issue.  I too got the low battery indicator on the thermostat itself and a notification on the keypad - so I changed the batteries and just in case, I hit the 'Reset' on the thermostat as well.   The indicator on the thermostat cleared but I am getting the annoying beep and warning on the keypad a few times a day (also late at night).  I even asked the Comcast tech that was here for something else and he had no suggestions.   Is there anyone that can help?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 6 of 23
I don't understand why Comcast employees pick and choose which forums they will address...is it because they don't even know the answers?
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 7 of 23
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 23
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 23
Posted by
New Poster

Message 10 of 23

I'm having the same problem.  I've replaced all 3 batteries with brand new ones, then rebooted the touchscreen (twice), and also acknowledged/cleared the "low battery" alarm.  Still getting alert beeps every couple hours.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 11 of 23

This is really driving me crazy.  The touchscreen is right next to my bed. I guess I will have to move it.  Has anyone been lucky contacting Comcast? I called and they dont know what to do.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 12 of 23
Maybe you can try taking the battery out of the touchscreen and reinstalling?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 13 of 23

I'm thinking of trying this but am hesitating because I don't want to make anything worse.  I'm almost thinking that we need to somehow make the touchpad 'forget' the thermostat and then reconnect it as new and maybe that will clear the warning.  Seems ridiculous to me that we'd have to do that.  But I'm getting desperate.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 14 of 23
Posted by
New Poster

Message 15 of 23

I fixed this problem by pressing the reset button on the thermostat (NOT the touchscreen).  Pop the top cover off the thermostat and the reset button is on the left.  I didn't need to hold it in; just pressed it and it reset and came back up without having to put in any settings or anything.  Doing this cleared the warning on my Xfinity touchscreen immediately.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 16 of 23

I had tried the Reset from the thermostat and it didn't work for me.  I'll try again, and if that doesn't work I'll try the delete thermostat and add new and will post my results.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 17 of 23

I also tried resetting the thermostat and it did not help. Message still shows on the touchpad. I replaced the batteries again just to be sure, no change. 

The strange thing that is happening is that I do not have any low baterry warning on the Thermostat at all, the message is only on the touchpad (and on the online app). 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 18 of 23
I think there is another screen you need to find to wipe out these messages...I don't recall what it is called, but Comcast helped me a while ago to get rid of the message....try going to the bottom of available screens...
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 19 of 23
Called Comcast again today. They told me to reboot the modem, then the router, then the touchpad and then reset the thermostat. That did it for me. Message is gone.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 20 of 23
Thanks for posting the solution Comcast provided. I tried this and it did work for me! Finally free of the thermostat low battery ding and the notification on the keypad and in the app! I powered off the modem, then back on. Powered off the router then on. Did a 'reboot' of the touchpad. Then pressed the 'reset' on the thermostat.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 21 of 23

I tried everything in this forum and nothing worked to get rid of low battery alets on my touchscreen until i tried the following.

Make sure your Thermostat is turned off and then push the reset button on the thermostat and the alert goes away. This will not work if the thermostat is ON. Let me know if this works for you.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 22 of 23
Just happened to me..low batteries. Had to follow these steps as others have recommended, AFTER installing new batteries (behind bottom cover, which slides forward):
1. Power off Comcast modem, then power back on,
2. Power off Xfinity Home router, then power back on,
3. Reboot touchscreen (go to touchscreen settings and follow prompts),
4. Reset thermostat (button behind top cover which slides forward. This resets then shuts thermostat off. At this point I reset again, since someone recommended turning thermostat off first.)
Beeps every few hours finally stopped and ALERT message on ipad and touchscreen FINALLY went away...hopefully for good!
Posted by
Administrator

Message 23 of 23
Solution

All,

If the following directions do not work for you, you will need to contact Comcast tier II to be added to the list of effected users. This is a known issue that happens to some users and our engineers are working hard to get it resolved quickly. 

Directions to reset low battery alert:

1. Power off Comcast modem, then power back on,
2. Power off Xfinity Home router, then power back on,
3. Reboot touchscreen (go to touchscreen settings and follow prompts),
4. Reset thermostat (button behind top cover which slides forward. This resets then shuts thermostat off. At this point I reset again, since someone recommended turning thermostat off first.)

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon