Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Home connection

Frequent Visitor

Home connection

Hub is not connected. Working fine for a couple of months. Now the light "connection" stays amber. Tried reseting every thing a couple of times by unpluging. When I try to reboot the hub via the web I get "For some reason, communications with your CPE are not available. Try doing this again. If the problem persists, contact Support." Any help would be appreciated.

John

Contributor

Re: Home connection

Was the hub reset with the pinhole in the back?  If so, it would have been removed from the account.  When the hub was first received, you followed the activation setup to get the hub setup and online.  With an amber connection light, typically the problem is with that activation / no longer activated.  In this case tech support can reset the account and help you go through the activation again to get the hub back up and running. 

Tech support is open 24/7 and can be reached at 800-266-2278

Official Comcast Employees names are in Red. "Experts" are customers who volunteer their time in the Help forums. Only Official Comcast Employees have access to your account information.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.

If Any One Has Any Other Questions / Personal Concerns Please
Click Here To Private Message Me.

<

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Connection Expert
Moved:

Re: Home connection

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation