Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Existing system takeover disappointment

New Poster

Existing system takeover disappointment

My mother just moved into a home in my area that has an existing wired alarm system.  She purchased a TV/Internet/Home Security/Phone bundle.  The alarm guy showed up and just installed a new system right next to the existing one and gave my mom a mobile keypad (which does not give current status of the alrm state) and a plugged in touchpad.  My mom is 80 years old and used the traditional wired alarm keypad system for 40 years.  She does like the new system.  I intended for Comcast to takeover the wired system like they did for me 4 years ago.  I called them to come out gain for this purpose.  The guy is there now trying to teach my mom how to use the system they put in telling her they can't takeover systems.  Sigh, I'll call ADT and take off the comcast equipment and throw it away.

Official Employee

Re: Existing system takeover disappointment

Hi emailwarrior,

I understand this can be frustrating. Unfortunately, there are some things that will not allow some wired systems to be taken over. For example, if there was something within the main panel of the previous security system that wasn't compatible with our system, then we would have to use our own equipment in order to provide a functioning system. If your mother decides to cancel within the first 30 days of installation, we will allow her out of her contract with no penalty. If you would like further assistance in getting this taken care of, please feel free to reach out through private message and I'd be more than happy to assist. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Existing system takeover disappointment

I too recently had Home installed on a “takeover” where nothing was truly taken over. With my existing ADT Pulse system, I had 3 cameras, touchpad, touch screen, wall switches, etc., and was promised by the sales rep that these things would still be useful and remain intact. When the install was finished, that was clearly not the case, and the only thing left ‘secure’ was the patio furniture in my backyard as that was the only working camera. Calling customer service to aid in trying to improve the experience (aka return some actual usefulness to my alarm system) yielded poor results. The only items actually involved in the takeover included a hardwired motion sensor and door sensor. Had the agent been truthful about what my options were when I considered switching, I would not have done so. The technician was good, but could not explain or account for the discrepancies. Calls to customer service were plenty, but no results in the end. Beware of switching for the takeover, as that may leave you far less secure. I would have had a far better experience had I been able to discuss my disappointment with someone willing to work with me on recovering some of my equipment losses.
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation