Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Existing Simplisafe Window Sensors

Regular Contributor

Existing Simplisafe Window Sensors

I just signed up to add Comcast Security to get an upgrade price for higher speed internet.  The CS rep told me that the systems comes with 3 entry sensors.  I told him I have a Simplisafe System that is several years old that I installed myself with sensors on 9 windows because they are low to the ground, smoke, CO, extreme temperature, glass and flood detectors.  I asked him if they would be compatible and he said the installer could integrate my existing system.  However the more I read the forums, the more I think that is not true.  I son't be able to use the motion detector because of pet cats. Believe me, I've tried. The prices for the Xfinity addons to the system are ridiculous! I may use my 30 day cancelation privilige if my system winds up seriously downgraded and it will cost hundreds to bring it back up to the same standard by purchasing Xfinity's sensors.  Any advice?

Service Expert

Re: Existing Simplisafe Window Sensors

I have the standard setup that incorporated my old ADT security system.  There is no way to know whether you can do what you want until the installer comes and tells you what he can and cannot do.  Ask Comcast whether you can cancel the installation at no charge if the installer can't do what you want.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Existing Simplisafe Window Sensors

It’s not compatible, it’s only possible to take over some wired systems, nothing wireless.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation