Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Duress Code removed? Or just on the console?

Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 3
I was looking at my XFINITY home the web portal and mobile app and discovered that the duress code is not visible there. I can see the duress code on the XFINITY console.

Is that intentional to not see it in the portal or app? If it can only be managed on the console, that is fine. Not seeing it in the other places makes me question if the duress code is active and working. Given the police response, it's not a code I want to really test.

Can you clarify where (and where not) the duress code will be displayed and be editable?
2 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 3

Hey, norstar,

There is no need for Duress Codes as Central Office Processing Service (COPS) will dispatch the police if given any incorrect passcode.

For new customers, the ability to create a Duress Code has been disabled.

Any existing customers who have a Duress Code programmed into their Touchscreen Controller will still be supported.

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 3
But in that situation (dispatch in case of wrong code) the alarm still sounds. The point of a duress code is that it looks like a successful disarm and is silent, president providing a measure of safety in a situation like domestic violence. The alarm sounding due to incorrect code defeats that purpose.

Thank you for confirming that my duress code is still active since I can see it in the controller. Can you confirm that the duress code still functions as expected: silent dispatch?

I'm glad we still have the feature. I'm disappointed that XFINITY has decided to not offer it to new customers or anyone who has not set it up already.