Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Downloading larger video files from Xfinity Home Camera

New Poster

Downloading larger video files from Xfinity Home Camera

I need to download a 24 hour segment of video that my Xfinity Home system captured.  I need to scrub the footage to determine if/when and event happened.  The web interface is clumbsy at best and the camera pics up and triggers motion with each car that passes by.....which is good.  I need to find where a person walked into my yard and can scrub the footage thru other motion detection systems that will allow me to mask out the road to find just where the person entered my yard.  I am a subscriber to the recording and archival system for 31 days.

How can I download in 10-12 files the video as opposed to downloading each of 200+ files that the web interface offers me?

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: Downloading larger video files from Xfinity Home Camera

Hi Rome1

I definitely understand what you're trying to do. Unfortunately, the Web interface is currently only designed to allow shorter clips to be downloaded, not an entire archive (or large chunks of the archive such as a 24 hour period. Also note that a rolling 10 days of video are saved (not 31).

We always evaluate enhancements to our products, and I will make sure to pass feedback along to the developers that this is something you would like to see. As an example, earlier this year we increased the number of cameras that you can subscribe 24/7 video to at a time based largely on customer feedback. We have another very cool enhancement which will be launching soon related to the 24/7 monitoring service which will make the feature even more useful.

In case it's helpful to you or anyone else, instructions on how to save clips of up to 3 minutes are at the link below:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/home-security/managing-24-7-video-recording-subscriber-portal/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Downloading larger video files from Xfinity Home Camera

Hi Becker....thanks for the reply.  I understand the web interface is not up to the task but is there a process by which I could submit a request and have if filled off line, say a DVD thru the mail?  If not then certainly would suggest it as a service.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation