Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Doorbell camera

Contributor

Doorbell camera

Do any of the doorbell cameras on the market work with Xfinity home? 

Regular Contributor

Re: Doorbell camera

I have the August doorbell camera and it does not tie in with Xfinity.  The August lock does work with the "Works with Xfinity" program.  I don't think any of the cameras actually work with Xfinity and they don't tie in with the security system.

Contributor

Okay thanks for that response. I don't have an outlet where I want an outdoor camera and didn't want to run the line to plug in or hardwire. I was also concerned that the Xfinity indoor/outdoors cameras being offered wouldn't hold up during winter months outdoors. I did look into the Ring doorbell camera that has an additional outdoor camera powered by a solar cell. Still not sure what I'm going to do. 

Regular Contributor

I have six of the Xfinity Cameras and five are outside and one is in the garage.  They seem to be doing fine.  Have had for about two years.  I did have to go through walls on several to be able to get to and outlet.  The August doorbell camera is probably about the best available now, but they can't be viewed from within Xfinity or the Xfinity app.  The August lock can be controlled through the Xfinity app as long as you also have an August Connect.

Frequent Visitor

Will be one soon
Official Employee
Moved:

moving to more recent thread for exposure and assistance.