Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Door chime repeat

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3
Is there anyway to make a door chime repeat until a door is closed? I want to put a sensor on an interior basement door and would like a sound to continue until the door is closed again. Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 2 of 3
Any suggestions on this one? Really appreciate any ideas
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 3 of 3

Unfortunately, it looks like you can't set a repeat on a sound from the touchscreen based on a door being opened... I double checked to make sure the feature doesn't exist in the older Rules system, and the newer Automation rules available online or through the mobile app.

There may be some creative things you could do, depending on your situation, to alert you to the fact that the door has remainied open.  For example, you could get a lighting controller and set a rule to turn on a lamp (or anything else that can be plugged in) to tell you that the door is open, and another rule to turn it off when the door is closed.

So for example if you are on your 1st floor and you see the light on, you would know the door is opened....

Let me know if you need help with that or finding any of the equipment... I'm enjoy getting creative with this kind of stuff!