Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Door Chimes

Frequent Visitor

Door Chimes

I need a solution to hear the door Chimes from something other than the touch screen pad. My husband is hard of hearing and carrying around the touch screen is impossible. Getting a second touchscreen is not am option with xfinity home. There has to be an option so you can hear the door Chimes someplace other than just on the touch screen.
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Door Chimes

No help from xfinity reps on this topic???
Thanks Xfinity
Official Employee

Maybe someone who is more of an expert can "chime in" (sorry, couldn't resist the pun), but I don't think there is a way to do this, as you can't add a second Touch Screen.

Comcast offers a siren repeater so you can hear an alarm going off if you have a large house and need another siren, but I don't believe that would sound the door chimes.

There may be a creative way to accomplish what you want to do though ... there are devices called "Power Failure Alarms" you can buy that alert you to power outages (useful if you have a freezer in the basement, for example, and a breaker trips causing it to lose power).  

In this case though, you could connect one to an XFINITY Home Lighting Controller (which would normally be used for a lamp or other appliance).

Once you have the Lighting Controller connected to the XFINITY Home system, you would keep it turned "On" all the time.  You could then set an XFINITY Home Automation rule to turn the Lighting Controller off for say, a minute, every time a door opens and/or closes.  This would result in the Power Failure Alarm to trip and sound an alert.

I found one online that's not too loud, and includes a light too.  http://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Controls-THP207-Failure-Flashlight/dp/B000IF8QDK?ie=UTF8&keywords=Pow...

You could also accomplish the same thing with just a lamp connected to the Lighting Controller if you don't need an audible tone.  The lamp would turn on for a minute every time the door opened and or closed...

Private message me if you need more details or help finding equipment.  I love coming up with creative ways to use XFINITY Home. Smiley Happy

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I just tested this with my siren repeater and the chimes do not pass through the repeater. Only indicator is a red/green light that lets you know if a door/window is or has been open/closed.
I'll talk with the product team to see if there is a solution to your question.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have two keypads (two different areas of the house)  You can hear the chime through keypads, too.  So, a keypad might be a good solution for you.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation