Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Delete zone/sensor

ANSWERED
New Poster

Delete zone/sensor

If I go to Sensors > Delete a Sensor/Zone it prompts for the "premise passphrase" and says it is available on the management portal.  I've tried every passphrase that I'm aware of.. the one I use with the monitoring service as well as my PIN for arming and disarming.

Is there some trick I'm missing?  I attempted to call customer service and after her "asking" 5 other people they concluded that I must need to have a technician come out because they don't know the code.

I just find it entertaining that I can add sensors, edit zones etc but I can't remove?

Accepted Solution

Re: Delete zone/sensor

The code is unique to each account and must be issued to the service tech by phone when making a service call...there is no way to figure it out, nor will Comcast give it to you. If you have a bad sensor, it should be replaced by Comcast for free, and then the tech will have to get the code...then you can ask him for it?
View answer in context
Tags (2)
Problem Solver

check out the form "Arm night with motion"...the code is provided by another user!
New Poster

Unfortunately it isn't the same code as that used to get to the installer mode... the 4321, which unless I missed is is the only password he mentions in that thread.

Problem Solver

if you have a touchpad, use the 4321, etc....
New Poster

Right that's what I'm saying...

4321 gets you to the menu to add/delete zones etc and you can add without an issue.  The problem is as soon as you go to delete it asks for another password... which isn't 4321 or the monitoring password, or the master arm/disarm PIN.

Problem Solver

are you also entering the other digit after the 4321?? should work...this code gets you in as a technician...and thats how they do it...you cannot do with your own code...
New Poster

1. Settings

2. Enter code

3. 4321 (it doesn't let you enter more than 4 characters)

5. Enter technician name/ID -- I was told you can enter anything here.

4. Remove Sensor/Device

5.  "Enter Premise passphrase" and says it is available on the management portal and then I'm stuck.

Problem Solver

I will try to find out for you today...
Problem Solver

Spoke to my tech friend....you will have to get service call...each premise had its own unique 6 digit code, and they will not give you the code...they do not want you to be able to remove devices and then blame a breakin on them...should be a free service call for you...maybe you can ask the tech for the code for the future...please post your outcome.
New Poster

Greetings,

Did you ever figure this out? I'm in the same boat, the pass phrase must be simple and based on the account or service address ect. something the tech could figure out by the information he has with him on the service call. 

i have a door sensor i want to remove from the system.

i figured out the code to get into the installer part on my own, i will not give up on this pass phrase until i get it Smiley Wink

Problem Solver

The code is unique to each account and must be issued to the service tech by phone when making a service call...there is no way to figure it out, nor will Comcast give it to you. If you have a bad sensor, it should be replaced by Comcast for free, and then the tech will have to get the code...then you can ask him for it?
Bronze Problem Solver

This is an old topic and is being closed.

Thank you!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation