Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Centralite / IRIS Smart Plug

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

Purchased IRIS / Centralite 3210-L smart plug with the hope's of it acting as a repeater for two door sensors that are pretty far away from my touchscreen. I did some quick research and found that Comcast actually used to inlude the 3210-L with some Home installs. I've attempted 4 or 5 times to get this to connect to my touchscreen. The touchscreen/base sees the device but lists it as "unsupported" and won't allow me to click to add it. I really don't care to have a smart plug, as I don't need it, but I REALLY need to get more signal to those back doors as twice in the past year I've been met with my alarm going off in the middle of the night because one of the back doors "opens" in the middle of the night. When I go check on those doors, they are always closed, and always still deadbolted (key only deadbolts and I keep the keys in the main house.) Both doors say they have a "low" signal to the touchscreen. I'd be adding the smart plug device in a back room very close to half way from the touchscreen to the actual door sensors. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!!

Smart plug specs:

IRIS Smart Plug (rebranded Centralite 3210-L)

Hardware Version: 3

Firmware Ver. 0x20015010

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 5

Hi TristanWingfiel!

I've had XINITY Home for a while now and have never seen reference to that being a supported device, but there were older versions of the system... so maybe they were compatible with those original systems at some point...

One option would be to place a lighting controller in the back room such as the supported Centralite 4257050-ZHAC, as those act as repeaters in the system and would likely help with your connectivity.

The best soltuion though might be to install a Siren Repeater in the back room.  They have battery backup, so even during a power outage, your wireless sensors wouldn't go back to having a poor connection to the system.  Pretty sure Comcast would want to have a tech come out to install that device... but I did put one of these in myself and it was cake.  I also like that it has an LED on it that indicates if the system is ready to arm, and that it would emit a siren and flash a bright light (in addition to the Touchscreen siren) in the event of an alarm. The supported siren repeater model is the SMCSR01-Z.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 5
Great info! How did you add the siren repeater?
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 5

Not sure what the cost would be to have Comcast swing by and put one in - you might want to first give them a ring to see what your optoins are... it might be fairly inexpensive.  Also with that opiton you'd know it was installed and added properly.

If you do want to give it a go on your own, shoot me a private message and I'll be glad to give you more info!

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 5

Hi TristanWingfiel! I can get an appointment schedule to have a tech install a siren repeater. If this is something, you are interested in, please send me a private message by clicking on my name, and then click private message me. In the body of your message, please include the street address and first and last name of the account holder. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.