New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Buying additional window sensors

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Buying additional window sensors

Hi all,

I would like to buy a few more window sensors.  Where can I buy them?  I see they are very easy to install on the windows; however, how about installing them on my current system?

Thanks in advance.

Norm

Accepted Solution

Re: Buying additional window sensors

I think that means you have to open and close each existing window and door...tech did this when he changed several of mine out recently.
View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

See if this link helps you at all.  Also look for other possibilities under the Customers tab.(same link)

http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/shop/retail.html

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

Let's try a different approach. 

I really do not want to pay $70 for a window sensor from Comcast.  I believe their price for the sensor is pretty high.  Is there another vendor besides Comcast I can buy from that is compatible with the security system?

Regular Contributor

You have to have them installed into the system by a comcast technician.  Changing (adding or removing) the sensors requires special codes.

New Poster

You 100% DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE comcast install them. I bought the same sensors from the company they bought them from. for $25 each lol. Adding them to the system is easy dont let comcast fool you into paying there WAY OVER PRICED PRICES!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply.  Where did you buy the sensors?  I have not been able to find any on the net.

Thanks!

Problem Solver

IEATOUT wrote:

You 100% DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE comcast install them. I bought the same sensors from the company they bought them from. for $25 each lol. Adding them to the system is easy dont let comcast fool you into paying there WAY OVER PRICED PRICES!!!!!

So how exactly would you pair them with your system?  Seems that adding sensors isn't something an end user can do since it requires an installer code to do the pairing.

Frequent Visitor

He obviously knows the installer code lol
Problem Solver

Jimmy1989 wrote:
He obviously knows the installer code lol

Perhaps, but if that is the case, then how exactly would a typical user come by one for their system?  Given that it's not something that is available to a typical user, it seems like the whole part about it being easy for someone to install their own sensors doesn't quite apply.

New Poster

so about these codes....

I've got 2 sensors that I'd rather not pay $50 a piece to have installed. 

New Poster

Adding sensors - 

when adding a new sensor to my system, I was prompted to have "All of my existing sensors DEFAULTED" 

What does it mean to have existing sensors defaulted? Are all of my windows and doors with existong sensors opend or closed? 

Problem Solver

I think that means you have to open and close each existing window and door...tech did this when he changed several of mine out recently.
Bronze Problem Solver

Whoisjason,

What sensor are you adding? And where did you see this error message? I'm assuming the touchscreen, but I just want to double check.

Thank you!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

I have several brand new sensors left after my installation. If interested in them, send me a private message. I can guide you through the installation also.
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 10 in conversation