Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Alarm Permit Registration - Comcast needs to do it!

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

Alarm Permit Registration - Comcast needs to do it!

The city I live in (Auburn, WA 98092) has an ordinance that states the Alarm Companies must register their clients with their False Alarm Reduction Program. I cannot find anyone within Comcast who can help with getting my system registered.  One person stated "you need to do it yourself", and another person stated "you don't need a permit". Both statements are completely false.

https://www.crywolfservices.com/auburnwa/GeneralDocs.aspx?Rpt=Frequently%20Asked%20Questions.c1d

The good news is that dispatches will be made despite the lack of an alarm permit for me, and any fines as a result will be billed direct to Comcast.

If there's any Comcast employee who can shed some light on this subject please reply.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Alarm Permit Registration - Comcast needs to do it!

Yeah thanks for telling us after the fact after we found out that it needs and a permit it should have been disclosed up front in the beginning shame on you !!!
View answer in context
Regular Contributor

So sorry this has not been taken care of for you. First step is to pay the fee and get your permit number from the city. To enter the number into the system follow the steps in this link. The fee you pay the city could be as low as 10.00 but every city is different.

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/home-security/add-or-update-alarm-list/

Think Customer First

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I just got off the phone with a customer service rep for Comcast xFinity Home Security.  I asked him about the Alarm Permit.  He had never heard of such a thing.  I explained that this was never disclosed when installed, and I could not find any mention of it on Comcasts web site (not even as a line of small print legalize at the bottom).  He promised to bring it up to his superiors.  We'll See...

But here is my issue.  There are always checklists that you have to sign when a service is installed.  Comcast failed to have this disclosure on theirs.  I mean, everyone knows that when you buy a car you need to insure it.  But its on the car dealers paperwork several times.  And honestly, who would even think of a city/county Alarm Permit??? 

AND, after many months of having/using the system, we had 1 false alarm - could not remember the special password-- and it resulted in the police stopping by.  While I am happy that they did not charge us for the first error, the police never mentioned or asked to see our permit.

Then, we have started getting bills in the mail, not for the false alarm, but for the permit.  Unfortunately, both me and my spouse are on Disability and paperwork sometimes gets missed.  The first letter charged us 50.00, the next went to 75.00, and we just got the third for 325.00!!!!! 

I plan to call the county on Monday to see if they will accept the 75.00 based on the circumstances.  But I doubt it.  humm... Perhaps they will take 25.00 Payments for the next 18 months?!?  

So, lesson to be learned --  LET THE BUYER BEWARE!!!   If your getting a home security system, it is up to you to secure you own wallet.  Evidently, Alarm Installers, Alarm Monitoring Companys, County Departments, and local police are all like salesmen... They never want to tell you when your going to need to spend more $$$$$$$$$$$$.   

Service Expert

rgfear1 wrote:

I just got off the phone with a customer service rep for Comcast xFinity Home Security.  I asked him about the Alarm Permit.  He had never heard of such a thing.  I explained that this was never disclosed when installed, and I could not find any mention of it on Comcasts web site (not even as a line of small print legalize at the bottom).  He promised to bring it up to his superiors.  We'll See...

But here is my issue.  There are always checklists that you have to sign when a service is installed.  Comcast failed to have this disclosure on theirs.  I mean, everyone knows that when you buy a car you need to insure it.  But its on the car dealers paperwork several times.  And honestly, who would even think of a city/county Alarm Permit??? 

AND, after many months of having/using the system, we had 1 false alarm - could not remember the special password-- and it resulted in the police stopping by.  While I am happy that they did not charge us for the first error, the police never mentioned or asked to see our permit.

Then, we have started getting bills in the mail, not for the false alarm, but for the permit.  Unfortunately, both me and my spouse are on Disability and paperwork sometimes gets missed.  The first letter charged us 50.00, the next went to 75.00, and we just got the third for 325.00!!!!! 

I plan to call the county on Monday to see if they will accept the 75.00 based on the circumstances.  But I doubt it.  humm... Perhaps they will take 25.00 Payments for the next 18 months?!?  

So, lesson to be learned --  LET THE BUYER BEWARE!!!   If your getting a home security system, it is up to you to secure you own wallet.  Evidently, Alarm Installers, Alarm Monitoring Companys, County Departments, and local police are all like salesmen... They never want to tell you when your going to need to spend more $$$$$$$$$$$$.   

https://www.xfinity.com/support/home-security/xfinity-home-central-monitoring-station/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

unacceptable answer.... This should be have been done by Comcast it is appalling
Regular Visitor

Yeah thanks for telling us after the fact after we found out that it needs and a permit it should have been disclosed up front in the beginning shame on you !!!
Regular Contributor

@RamboRichy wrote:

There's a whole paragraph about permits in the contract that you and everybody else has to sign. It's YOUR responsibility.

Regular Visitor

And I'm sure that you read every agreement AND EVERY WORD to every cellphone app you install !!! LOL
Valued Contributor

It is the responsibility of the homeowner to do this.  It is that way in almost any city that requires the permit.  As for Comcast Customer Service not know that one is required that is strange and they should know about the requirements in most areas.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation