Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

2018 Pairing door window sensors

New Poster

2018 Pairing door window sensors

Hi,

So I am a recent subscriber and was pointed to the link below when I asked about adding additional door window sensors .

The official help shows the process below :

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/control-pairing-door-window-sensor

However from what I can tell new suscribers do not have access to the leagacy portal since the tempoary user name and password in the welcome email are blank now?

If this is the case obviously wonder why this official article is still there and customer are pointed to read it.

So is the only way to add additional sensors to pay for a technicain to come out again ti install the extra sesnosr I have ?

Thanks want this clarified so I can make informed decision within my 30 day window if I want to keep the service since I was led to belive I could easiy add addition sesnors

Official Employee

Re: 2018 Pairing door window sensors

Hello stuartc13, you should not have to use the temporary email and password given in the email after installation. You can go to our website and register your account and create a new username and password that will allow you to login to the portal and add or remove peripheral equipment such as sensors. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks all I can seem to get to is home.xfinity.com I can see my system , add third party devices, i have no option to add window door sensors am iat the wring website ?
Official Employee

@Stuartc1962 wrote:
Thanks all I can seem to get to is home.xfinity.com I can see my system , add third party devices, i have no option to add window door sensors am iat the wring website ?

No, i think Amir was thinking you were buying sensors but not physically adding them. They have to be done through the touchscreen and with the extra layer of security added, done by a tech.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

@Stuartc1962 wrote: Thanks all I can seem to get to is home.xfinity.com I can see my system , add third party devices, i have no option to add window door sensors am iat the wring website ?

@ComcastAndrew wrote: No, i think Amir was thinking you were buying sensors but not physically adding them. They have to be done through the touchscreen and with the extra layer of security added, done by a tech.

ComcastAndrew you're right, I apologize for not understanding the question. Only cameras, thermostats, and outlet controllers can be added without a tech. For more information please click on this link

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation