Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity.com internet service constantly freezing and unresponsive

Frequent Visitor

xfinity.com internet service constantly freezing and unresponsive

For close to 2 years, there are periods every day that i cannot complete reading email (Xfinity) or use the web, due to Xfinity Comcast freezing every few minutes. Xfinity Email is always problematic to get through, very bad.  Getting  messages that "xfinity.com is not responding" and sometimes additionally, due to  "long running script".  (stopping the script does not correct this). All methods of improving wireless reception tried as sugggested by Tech Support with no improvement.  Xfinity internet service continues to be intermitttently just fine and a minute later, unresponsive.   Xfinity/comcast internet does not deliver good service to residential customers.

Contributor

Re: xfinity.com internet service constantly freezing and unresponsive

Your problem has been wise spread for awhile now. It does appear that COMCAST cannot keep ahead of the issues that they create. They added numerous advertising to the web page and a lot of what you do on the internet. Then they create 'long running scripts' and 'poor response in general' along with email issues too many to mention here. Remember all of the problems seen on the web page due to the advertising taking over the page and its response? Now we have emails sent to us when we sign-in to Comcast. Security feature ??? If you have ever enjoyed some the on-line games re- the home page, you also note that response there has been abysmal for some time. Try Mahjong Dark Dimensions, my system freezes a lot using that one. Of course every time you report it, you get NO response or someone on the Community boards who takes it upon themselves to either delete your input or move it to an obscure follow-on location. Yet what can we as simple consumers do about any of this? There is no competition for COMCAST, they have a physical monopoly for the service they provide. Please do not mention DSL or other services offered via satellite. As much as I wish they could compete it only takes a good weather event and you are out of service. It is a shame that local, state governments cannot build and lease the physical cable lines to us all. Build them and lease to the highest bidder for service to us all. Frustrated
New Poster

Totally agree with this person. When will Comcast wake up and fix this problem.

Contributor

ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO