members

online now

discussions

won't activate new service

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

I signed up for new service last week and received my equipment a few days later. I was unable to activate online and when I called in the rep told me I had a bill in collections with this address. This is impossible as I just signed up last week. I have a modem and a cable box but no services. Please help.

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 4

Most likely what is happening is that the previous tenant at your residence didn't pay their bill. It's pretty common for some customers to not pay their bill, then try to open a new account under a different name. If you take your lease to your local service center you should be able to get your service started. I've asked an employee to look over your account, just to be sure there isn't some other issue. You should expect a reply soon.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Administrator

Message 3 of 4

Hi bryweslyn2011 -- I can help with getting you more information about what's going on. I reviewed your account and while you don't have any prior debt at your current location, we are showing that you have outstanding debt at two other locations. These debts would need to be cleared in order for us to be able to deliver service to you. The agent who is handling this issue has left a voice message on the phone number listed on your account leaving their contact information. I can provide that contact information as well as provide any other details you need. Please let me know what pieces of information you need and I'll provide that to. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 4 of 4