Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"My service isn't working" (Hurricane Irma) Megathread

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Re: No service for 16 days, no internet, no phone, no cable, no customer service

It's been about 3 weeks with no Comcast internet in Key West - some people have it, some don't. Comcast is the last to restore here.. all other companies have been up over a week. My account status was red (for Internet) yesterday and is green today but it's not working for me.
Official Employee

Re: No service for 16 days, no internet, no phone, no cable, no customer service

Hello Snookerd56,

I apologize for all the delays but due to unforeseen circumstances, your area is still experiencing interruptions to XFINITY Services. We are working to resolve the issue but at this time do not have an exact ETR. If you (and anyone else in the forum) are requesting additional details on this issue please PM me your account information (Address, Phone Number, Acct Number, etc.) so I can monitor your services to update you with any information I receive. Again I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Xobmw,

Again I apologize for the interruptions in your area. Please PM your account information so I can monitor your services and report any updates I receive.

Thank You

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Cable unplugged from power pole

tree.jpgThe house where I am having internet issues is my parent's house in Florida. I do not live there but the account/address is under my name. They keep telling me that the internet is still out and they believe it has something to do with some unplugged internet cable from when hurricane Irma passed by. I tried calling xfinity services to have a tech check it but the person on the phone said they have to troubleshoot to see where the problem lies which entails me being physically there to look at the modem, trouble is I'm not physically there and I will not be able to visit for a very long time. I tried the chatting feature on the website but it simply stays stuck on "loading" no matter if I use one browser or another. I don't know what to do and my parents keeping calling me to get it fixed as soon as possible. What can I do?

New Poster

credit

credit for storm outage.  How do I go about receiving credit for the week I was out of power?

Cable Expert

Re: Cable unplugged from power pole

@AngelMolina

If you have been impacted by Hurricane Irma and would like to request suspension of service or a credit, report a downed line, need equipment replaced, or have any other questions, please complete this form.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

We livi in a residential area in Naples on Highlands drive and have not had any service since the 10th of September.  Have the comcast account app and last Sunday was the expected time to be repaired. Nothing happened and Comcast moved it till today the 28th. Just checked my app and now its October 2nd.  I can understand a few days but this is going on 3 weeks.  I did notice that the way the power company got things working was to have actual trucks out working on the problems. So far I have yet to see a comcast truck anywhere.  

New Poster

Hurricane Irma credit

Please credit my account for no service relating to Hurricane Irma on September 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16, 2017.  Thank you.

Service Expert

Re: Hurricane Irma credit

Please fill out the form found here: https://www.xfinity.com/florida-form

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

Re: credit

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you! Didn't know about the form.

New Poster

How do I get a credit for service outage?

How do I get a credit for my service as it was out from 9/10 until 9/23?

Cable Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it contains private information.

Official Employee

AngelMolina, I can help with the issues you're experiencing with your Comcast internet. PM your account # or address of service so we can look further into this issue & speak privately. ComcastDanB

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

When is cable going to be restored on Summerland Key, Florida?

when is the cable going to be restored on summerland key, florida?

New Poster

Downed Cable Line

Afternoon All

Noticed a downed cable line on a property inspection of a vacant home I was visiting to check up on after Hurrican Irma repairs.  Looks like the the line is down, doesn't appear to be tangled up.  How should I go about addressing this.  I tried using the online chat, but the reps from india keep trying to send a service call to my home address.

764 94TH N AVE , NAPLES, FL 34108  Is the address of the home with the downed wire.  Lefthand side.

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: When is cable going to be restored on Summerland Key, Florida?

ck1338, let's speak PM so I can look info this for you. ComcastDanB

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Re: Service outage

Hello HoodooBlood, to receive up to the minuet updates on your services please download the "My Account App". The app will notify you of the estimated time that the issue will be resolved and you can sign up for text notification to be sent when the work order has been finalized. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Random internet loss since the Hurricane

Hello,

I have been getting constant 1% packet loss since the Hurricane hit Florida.  It did no damage to my house or anything like that.  The internet has been back up for over 2 weeks now at my house and I still am experiencing problems.  I have had two techs come out only to confirm what I already knew that there is no problem in my house.  I ping my modem directly from my PC and there is no loss.  I have strong signal strength etc but continuously I get disconnected from VOIP calls, or games when I'm trying to play, or my VPN for work.  I'm being told that there is no problem on Comcast's end over and over again.  I'm at my wits end trying to call in and getting no help.  At this point I don't know if I need to formally file a complaint with the FCC or what.  I'm a patient person, if they told me hey there is a problem and we are working on it I would have no problem.  But their failure to even acknowledge my issue after multiple calls and tech visits is just unreal.  Any advice?

Service Expert

Re: How do I get a credit for service outage?

Hiltman1 wrote:

How do I get a credit for my service as it was out from 9/10 until 9/23?

Hi, I moved your post to the mega-thread. Please fill out the form found here: https://www.xfinity.com/florida-form

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Re: An outage has been reported in my area

Hi Ybmom, 

We currently have multiple lines and nodes down in your area.

We're aware of the service interruption in your area and I do apologize for the inconvenience. While we cannot give you an estimated time when your service will be back on, please be assured that we are working to restore service as quickly and safely as possible. We appreciate your patience as we know how important the services in your home are to you.

The most effective way for you to get updates for active service events in your area and information about your Comcast service is to visit Xfinity.com/MyAccount or use the XFINITY My Account app on your secure, Internet-enabled mobile device. Within My Account, you can opt-in for a free one-time text alert to receive a text message once service in your area has been restored.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Re: hurricane irma

OPEN LETTER TO COMCAST: @COMCAST

Since Hurricane Irma struck the Florida Keys on September 10th, I have had my sewer, water, electricity, cell pbone service, and landline restored in a timely manner. In all cases, I was kept informed of progress in restoration of service.
Now, 19 days after the storm I still do not have my Comcast Internet nor TV, .... AND I HAVE RECEIVED NO COMMUNICATION about why this is so!!!

You manage to send me a note about suspending my service (which meant while I was away from the area I was denied access to Xfinity WiFi! and the basic TV service for which I am being billed only works on one of my three adapters) and a folksy newsletter about how I can buy more of your services.

NOT ONE MESSAGE TO TELL ME WHY IT IS TAKING SO LONG!

NOT ONE COMCAST VEHICLE WORKING IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD!

The only information I get is if I seek it out -- on your app you tell me service will be restored at 9:25am on Wednesday, October 4. No stated reason for why it is taking so long. No update on that prediction for days. I will hold you to that date and time .... not one minute longer!

And when franchise time comes up again ... maybe it is time for SPECTRUM to become our provider of record here in Key West.

New Poster

Re: hurricane irma

I have had a complete outage of Comcast services since 9/10. At first, the MyAccount app (and the associated web page) was providing “Expected Service Return” time/date estimates, which were simply advanced every time that time was reached. First by one day, then by three days. Now, the estimated time of repair has been simply not provided, but states:"An XFINITY Services outage has been reported in your area. We're working hard to get your service up and running." I suppose they have gone from “We got it wrong” to “We don’t have a clue”.

I have filled out the “Irma form”, but no response from that either.

Other service in the area (Florida Power and Light, Centurylink) hit their estimated repair date by hours. And that was over two weeks ago. Centurylink was up within minutes of the power retuning, and in fact had service trucks in the area simultaneous with the power utility’s service trucks.  Our Centurylink landline is working, and all of our neighbors Centurylink IP and VOIP services have been restored. The only Comcast truck we have seen belongs to a service supervisor that lives in the area. His truck is in his driveway when I leave for work, and is there (though moved) before I return home. (Oh, yes, he and a few adjacent neighbors have their service. ) So much for a sense of urgency. The other utilities were working very long hours in this area.

Once again, Comcast has proven to be completely incompetent with providing services, and incompetent with customer service.

Is there anyone that has a clue with this company?

New Poster

Billing discount for hurricane Irma service disruption

Hi, Just got my bill, and despite a 10 day disruption in service, we were billed our full monthly amount. How is that fair?

Any relief for hurricane survivors who went without cable and internet service? Please consider this request and respond via email. 

Margaret Murray 

Edited personal information

Frequent Visitor

Comcast does not care about Monroe County, Florida

I just hung up from an informative phone conversation with my Monroe County, FL County Commissioner whom I called to complain about comcast's inadequate response post-Irma. I did not know that there is not a franchise agreement between comcast and the county, thus the county has no influence over comcast service nor comcast customer service. It's no wonder that water and electricity, two utilities that have to answer to the public, expended great resources to restore their services. comcast did not. It just doesn't care.

Contributor

Construction Repair (Hurricane Irma)

DEAR COMCAST CORPORATE.  In case you were not aware of a problem relating to the inaccurate Status Notifications your website provides:

Today is 9/29. We have had no Comcast services since 9/10 (Hurricane Irma) despite power being up since 9/10 and our land line (not Comcast) phone working since 9/14. However, you are showing our status as green, with the following verbiage:

"Everything looks good on our end.

We don’t see any outages at the moment."

This is not true since our box outside is dead (confirmed by two different techs who came to our home). We have learned that we need a construction crew to repair a broken feeder off a pole somewhere, not just a normal maintenance team.  It is difficult to get any updates from Comcast because the Comcast telephone and live chat reps are completely clueless that we even have a problem despite several "JB-" numbers associated with our account. While Comcast has provided some credit, we really would like our services back, or, at a minimum, at least an idea of when services will be restored. Is it a matter of days, weeks, months? The fact that the status shows that nothing is wrong is most troubling. It is as if nobody is going to bother to fix anything because they might think the matter has already been resolved, but it has not!!!  I would like to recommend that you please get a team of programmers to work so that your status software can reflect your customers' actual situations.  Hopefully it might speed up the resolution of our problems.  I hope so.  Can someone please let us know that Comcast is aware of our situation and is indeed working on it?

Contributor

ComcastChe wrote: The most effective way for you to get updates for active service events in your area and information about your Comcast service is to visit Xfinity.com/MyAccount or use the XFINITY My Account app on your secure, Internet-enabled mobile device. Within My Account, you can opt-in for a free one-time text alert to receive a text message once service in your area has been restored.
--------------------------
Unfortunately this is not true for us. The MyAccount app on my phone and the status link on the website both show that our TV and Internet services are connected, but they have been down 9/10. Something is very wrong.

New Poster

Interesting conversation with a local Comcast service tech (off duty).
1. No overtime is being authorized. Repairs must be done normal shift durations.
2. Fl. Keys: no extra support will be provided . All repairs to be accomplished by tech's that live in the area, due to no housing available in the area, and they do not want to pay for the fuel to stage from Florida city.

This is verbatim from a Comcast service employee. Believe what you will.

Phone Agent today had NO update for service return. Promised to return call, but didn't.
How can we get updates that anyone believes?

Why no recent update, even here, from Comcast?
Official Employee

Re: Comcast does not care about Monroe County, Florida

agreen53, It's unfortunate to hear you feel that way, I'm showing there is an confirmed event that is currently affecting your area. We appreciate your patience while engineers work diligently to restore service to your area. ComcastDanB 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Clueless. In Fort Myers we reported a line down on our block on sept. 22. We have been given multiple restoration dates and twice this week including this morning the app reported that our system has been restored. The line is still down. A work ticket was finally opened on the 28th. I have seen only one Xfinity van during the past week. They brought in no extra help unlike fpl. There is no overtime for field service personnel. This is textbook incompendance. Sick of talking to offshore reps who have clue. This morning the one I called insisted in doung a troubleshooting exercise after being informed that a line is down to our block. So to all the comcast employees on this blog stop telling us everything is being done to fully restore service. Hey just check my app it says my service is back.
Official Employee

Re: Billing discount for hurricane Irma service disruption

murraymar, this link https://www.xfinity.com/florida-form will help in this matter or you can contact us via PM so we can speak privately in regards to your services being affected by the Irma. ComcastDanB

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I also confirmed with a feild tech that he has no overtime. What say you ComcastDan.
New Poster

payment

I have not had service for 2 weeks due to the hurricane....

I will adjust the bill accordingly

New Poster

hurricane outage

Good morning,

I am writing regarding credit for the outages during hurricane Irma. Please let me know what if anything that I need to do in order to receive my credit.

Thanks,

Service Expert

Re: payment

johnholahan wrote:

I have not had service for 2 weeks due to the hurricane....

I will adjust the bill accordingly

Hi, I moved your post to the mega-thread. Please fill out the form found here: https://www.xfinity.com/florida-form - you might want to pay entire amount and wait for the credit to be applied.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Comcast, we have to have that talk...

Comcast has LITERALLY the worst customer service, out of any major company that I know of. Heck, even Taco Bell has better customer service....

I would give Comcast a D- on their work during Hurricane Irma in Florida last month.

They were quick to offer additonal wifi spots before the storm (didn't work at all btw)

They never gave us a e-mail, call, etc "Hey, this is when your service will be back" 

Customer service is based in the Phillipines to save money, (you can't understand them, and they have no clue about tech support, my 12 year old nephew knows more)

Terrible latency when you do get it back, then it goes in and out. 

Comast = Monopoly

/headache ... I have so much more feedback but I'm afriad my fingers hurt.

But yeah Comcast- I give you a D- , heck maybe even a F+ on the restoration of services. Other ISP's will be on my radar, and maybe a new cable provider.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastDanB wrote:

agreen53, It's unfortunate to hear you feel that way, I'm showing there is an confirmed event that is currently affecting your area. We appreciate your patience while engineers work diligently to restore service to your area. ComcastDanB 

And it's unfortunate that comcast's actions lead me to feel that way. You know, all those old adages - the proof is in the pudding, actions speak louder than words, etc. While I am sure that the comcast employees on the ground are working diligently, there is an insufficent number. You can read multiple posts on these boards from other customers who have spoken to comcast techs in the Keys and have been told that overtime has not been authorized and that extra crews were not made available. And why does comcast do this? My opinion is that dollars are more important than customer service or customer satisfaction, in other words, comcast don't give a da*n. Unfortunately, I'm just ranting and comcast front-line people are flak catchers. Brian Roberts is only looking at the bottom line.

Connection Expert

Re: hurricane outage

https://www.xfinity.com/florida-form

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Credit on account due to Hurricane Irma

I understand I am eligible for a credit on my account due to hurricane Irma?  I was without comcast services 10 days. 

New Poster

Re: hurricane outage

I already filled out the Irma Form. I'm sure  that someone who cares very little will do very little and will send very little response in turn.

We haven't had service since the 10th. 20 days without service and we're edging up on next month's bill. I've called again and again and again, and I've had not just one but two service appointments cancelled without notice. The line is up. For one reason or another after the last linemen came, they left the cable at the service drop disconnected, and every time I call, they say there's going to be an actual technician (and not just a guy with a van full of cable boxes) coming to fix that, and every time they cancel without any notice. This is absurd. My mother had to cancel work twice for people who never came, and both my parents need internet for work, and I for my college. This is not just a monthly bill for no service, it is actively costing us money.

We are currently in the process of seeking another service provider such as nearby competitors, because clearly Comcast does not care enough about our business to actually provide the service it is expecting us to pay through the nose for. For less than the price of our current service, Atlantic is offering gigabit cable service, more than ten times the throughput we are not receiving. Almost 130 dollars a month for 100MBPS, but Atlantic's offering an introductory rate of 90 with the regular being 120, still cheaper!

What a joke.

Service Expert

Re: Credit on account due to Hurricane Irma

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

hurricane Imma

New Poster

Re: hurricane Imma

Absolutely horrible internet service in Jacksonville, FL (32221) since Hurricane Irma (9/10).  Repeated contacts with customer service, but no resolution.

Official Employee

Re: Is comcast providing any type of payment reduction due to hurricane irma

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Still no service after Hurricane Irma!

We have had power since a few days after the storm. The line to our house is hanging lower than normal, but not loose. I have called, and called, and called, but I am fed nothing but lies! Service appointments get cancelled without notice, promised a lineman would be here for two weeks now, but nothing! Saw a line being run a few houses down from us last week and people around this area have service, so when will we be back up and running? Went to the service center here locally and overheard a Comcast employee tell someone that Comcast has suspended all repairs and if anyone want service to work, they need to cancel their current service and wait a few days, then call for new service installation. Otherwise, count on no service at all for maybe months. So do we really need to cancel our current service and then call for new service and get stuck in a two year contract? I'm thinking that this needs to be reported to our State representatives...maybe not price gouging, but I am sure Pam Bondi would take an interest in what appears to be nefarious business practices.
Contributor

Re: Construction Repair (Hurricane Irma) - Resolved

varlene wrote:

Can someone please let us know that Comcast is aware of our situation and is indeed working on it?

RESOLVED finally, just one day shy of three weeks after Hurricane Irma.
On Saturday 9/30 I received a call from Comcast, I think in response to the 2nd Florida Form I completed asking for someone to contact me. The rep could not see we had a problem until she dug deeper and then saw the job orders associated with our account. She transferred us to the tech team who escalated it and indicated that someone would call us sometime after 3:32PM to set up an appointment, and finally our status showed multiple outages reported and that our cable tv and internet were down. At 4:31pm, our Xfinity internet and cable tv were RESTORED finally, thanks to the crew with two bucket trucks working on the line about 5 or 6 houses away. Within the next hour, another tech came to our door and added a filter to the cable coming into our house and put it in a grey covered box that we did not have before. 

Official Employee

Re: Construction Repair (Hurricane Irma) - Resolved

Hello varlene,

I am glad to hear that your services are up and running now. If you do have any issues with your services moving forward please send a private message so I can assist. For anyone else in this post still experiencing connection issues please Private message to ensure assistance. Thank You

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

why is so hard to get our service back? I have been told my different answers to this question.

Why is so hard to get our service back? I have been told my different answers to this question. I have been told Southwest Florida was effected by Hurricane Harvey, I been told that a service appointment could not be set up to put up our downed line until the outage was solved, I was told never use the on-line chat always call because the online chat will not give information to service about a downed line and the outage tracker does not mean you will get service just there is an outage. I have worked harder to get service and information about service over the last three and a half weeks than any other recovery from Hurricane Irma. By the way still no service at our home since 9/09/17

Official Employee

Re: payment

johnholahan, you can review this link that will help with billing inquiries due to the recent hurricane https://www.xfinity.com/florida-form or you can reach out to via PM so we can further assist you. ComcastDanB

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Re: Still no service after Hurricane Irma!

B_Patt3630, I'm showing there is an confirmed event that is currently affecting your area. We appreciate your patience while engineers work diligently to restore service to your area.  Currently the estimated time of resolution today is around 3:45pm. ComcastDanB

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.