New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"My service isn't working" (Hurricane Irma) Megathread

ANSWERED
New Poster

Re: Hurricane Irma Outage

Nice job, RustyBen. You removed my post. Now could you do your job and get your customers back online?

Service Expert

SarasotaKris99 wrote:

Nice job, RustyBen. You removed my post. Now could you do your job and get your customers back online?

hi, I'm a customer just like you. It is a family friendly forum and removed posts for language issues are eventually edited and returned to the thread. I hope your cable/internet issues are fixed ASAP and I'm sorry you had to go through the destruction. ( went through Alicia). Hang in there.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Low haning cable line

Hi Scott438, I can get your cable line raised for you. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcatsAmir) and then "private message me"?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Regular Visitor

I read a Miami Herald article today where the Comcast spokesman told them that 99% of Broward and Palm Beach county internet users are back online, and 94% of Miami Dade is back online.

That makes me feel a little better but at the same time my app is showing an outage with no ETA and I'm cursing my bad luck being one of the very few without internet yet.
Frequent Visitor

I may not be technically inclined but I honestly don't think it takes this long to fix whatever problem there is with the antenna or system or whatever it is. It's got to be something else going on because it's like you all keep saying that you're working around the clock that is a lie because someone would have had some type of service by now but all of us are complaining about the same issues and are given the same timeframes to expect restoration but we live in different cities and counties and like I said the people that live about 20 blocks away in an apartment complex still have their Comcast service so I know it can't be the whole state and to me that means these so called "workers are deliberately not doing their job. There is honestly no other explanation for it. It's people out here that need jobs and can't get them while you have people that have jobs and don't want them. Comcast executives don't care whether we have service or not. I bet their service isn't interrupted and I'm sure someone in a higher level lives in Florida but it don't matter because Comcast has millions of other customers. The only way Comcast can help me is to order service in their name for another company
and put it on their own tab. I shouldn't have to pay for anything and I'm not being unreasonable I'm being real because I know for a fat that they are not working as hard as you all keep trying to tell us because if so you wouldn't have this many complaints and just think,which I know you don't really care, but just think of the people who don't have access to smart phones or access to other peoples service in order to check the status and the automated system has the nerve to tell customers to pull up the website, HOW?!! If a person doesn't have service. I bet if I lived next to a Comcast elite my service would never act up and all you agents who have never experienced any natural disasters like hurricanes or tornadoes have no idea what it's like to go through what we've been through and you're determined not to make us feel any better. This is a bunch of B/S I know these outages can be fixed quicker than this.
New Poster

Re: No cable

DaFoxGreyTail wrote:

DaFoxGreyTail wrote:

Zip 32726. Lost full cable Internet connection (no downstream sync) the night of the storm along with power. Regained power on 9/13 evening and regained cable modem sync mid-day 9/14. However, it is only barely connected, as the speed is less than 5mps down / 13mps up (I have "Blast!® Internet") and my Status page shows Outage in my area and Not Connected for the modem. This low quality connection is greatly effecting my ability to perform my job (home office, remoting into work servers and using PolyCom VOIP phone) as the connection is continually desyncing and dropping packets. I also can't fully use the connection for after work activities and entertainment, as the quality prevent anything other than simple web browsing. This is still the case as of 9/17 morning. While I understand that Comcast crews can't service the lines until power crews have finished working on the same poles, I think Comcast has failed in proactively providing better and more information on the status of the repairs and rebuilds.

Update and question:

As of today, the issue with the connection quality has not changed, I barely have a connection.

However, the Status on My Account shows "All Clear - No Outages Reported"....

Obviously, there are still issues.

Do I need to call in to notify Comcast/Xfinity that there is still an "outage"?

Final update:

All issues resolved.

New Poster

Service outage

9-23-17

Is there a link in the Xfinity/Comcast system that provides up to the minute service outage area information for Internet, and TV?

Or, do I have to shake a few chicken bones, stick pins in my Xfinity voodoo doll, drink a little rum and spit it out on the roostah I sacraficed, chant and dance de dance?

HoodooBlood

New Poster

Is comcast providing any type of payment reduction due to hurricane irma

Will Comcast provide any prorate of bill, due to not having TV or internet service during Hurricane Irma.  I was without power, for 8 days.  Therefore had no TV or internet service

New Poster

TV

I have had no TV since IRMA . Whats the prognosis ?

New Poster

I need my Service to be restored NOW

I've been patiently waiting for two weeks already every time I call the rep always lie telling me I'll have my service the next day and so on NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE AND STILL YOU CHARGE ME FOR SERVICE !
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: TV

tanflaman wrote:

I have had no TV since IRMA . Whats the prognosis ?

In cases like this, getting any idea of when service will be restored can be tough.  With Hermine, we got lucky with power;  it was only out for something like 40 hours.  Others were out for weeks!  Comcast, on the other hand, was out for about a week.  And Hermine was just a stiff breeze compared to Irma.

Valued Contributor

Re: TV

I would contact the twitter handle @ComcastCares. I got a response from that unit within a few hours.

New Poster

Re: Is comcast providing any type of payment reduction due to hurricane irma

Yeah. Just called and got credit for my outage of over two weeks. Still no internet though so I'll call again when it comes back on and get credit for the additional days I'm without.
Contributor

I’ve been having issues where I keep dropping signal. My upstream won’t stay stable. They said it’ll be repaird 9/25 12:48am. I hope they are right. North Port FL.
Service Expert

Robwithtoast617 wrote:
I’ve been having issues where I keep dropping signal. My upstream won’t stay stable. They said it’ll be repaird 9/25 12:48am. I hope they are right. North Port FL.

Please fill out the form found here: https://www.xfinity.com/florida-form

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

I did just waiting
New Poster

web address for Xfinity refund for lack of service during hurricane irma

refund form for lack of service during hurricane irma

New Poster

hurricane irma credit

Need to get credit for outage of triple play for Sept 10-Sept20

New Poster

Credit

How do I get credit for days I did not have service due to Irma?

Cable Expert

Re: Credit

Whelanulm wrote:

How do I get credit for days I did not have service due to Irma?

If you have been impacted by Hurricane Irma and would like to request suspension of service or a credit, report a down line, need equipment replaced, or have any other questions, please complete this form

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Whelanulm, I see that you've posted about an area interruption with your Comcast services, let speak privately in PM so we can look into this for you. ComcastDanB

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Said mine would be fixed 9/25 12:48 am. It’s so slow now I don’t even pull .50 mbps.
New Poster

credit for servi ce outage

How do I apply for credit for the time service was lost during the hurricane?

Service Expert

Re: credit for servi ce outage

WILLIAM26 wrote:

Hi, I moved your post to the super-thread. this is a link to nerdberg's post on this thread about getting credit. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/quot-My-service-isn-t-working-quot-Hurricane-Irma-Mega...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

BILLING CREDIT

BILLING CREDIT:

Will customers that were affected by Hurricane Irma be credited for the number of days that we did not receive service in the West Palm Beach Florida area?

Service Expert

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

WILLIAM26 wrote:

Just give them a call.  Shouldn't be a problem .  They've been through this before.

they want the form so proper credit can be issued to the customer.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote:

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

WILLIAM26 wrote:

Just give them a call.  Shouldn't be a problem .  They've been through this before.

they want the form so proper credit can be issued to the customer.

Thanks.  First we've heard this.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: BILLING CREDIT

MOEBEE53 wrote:

BILLING CREDIT:

Will customers that were affected by Hurricane Irma be credited for the number of days that we did not receive service in the West Palm Beach Florida area?

Comcast has provided a form for credits.  https://www.xfinity.com/florida-form   May even try it myself!  Smiley Wink

Official Employee

Please visit this link for further assistance. https://www.xfinity.com/florida  ComastDanB

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

orange cable down

orange cable it broken off line tap i reported it but still down if it had been straped to pole i would not have this problem down since hurricane thanks comcast i will not pay for no service 

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Reimbursement for Irma

Please reinburse my account for lack of internet and tv service during Irma September 10-23.
Susan
<edited to remove personal information>
xxxxxxx@comcast.net
Cable Expert

Re: Reimbursement for Irma

@kasota

If you have been impacted by Hurricane Irma and would like to request a credit, please complete this form.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Cable Expert

@wvagirl48 

If you have been impacted by Hurricane Irma and would like to request a credit, please complete this form.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Cable Expert

Re: orange cable down

kobrien3 wrote:

orange cable it broken off line tap i reported it but still down if it had been straped to pole i would not have this problem down since hurricane thanks comcast i will not pay for no service 

If you have been impacted by Hurricane Irma and would like to request suspension of service or a credit, report a downed line, need equipment replaced, or have any other questions, please complete this form.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

power outage credit

how do i get credit for my loss of service from Irma?

New Poster

Be advised: all restore dates given by Comcast are false

"An XFINITY Services outage has been reported in your area. We're working hard to get your service up and running. The issue should be resolved on..."

I have thus far been assured that "the issue should be resolved on":

Monday the 18th

Thursday the 21st

Friday the 22nd

Sunday the 24th

Monday the 25th

And, of course, again today, Tuesday the 26th. There is a cable down in our neighborhood. I've notified Comcast that there is a cable down. A dozen homes are without connectivity. Comcast does nothing, sends no one, and pushes the date forward. 

Call customer service and you get a well-meaning offshore agent who can do nothing but parrot the information that you just read online.

I've been a loyal customer for 10 years, spending up to $200 a month with them. This is what all that is ultimately worth.

At this point I'm just waiting for my outage credit to equal my cancellation fee. Frontier here I come.

New Poster

waiving disconnect fee

My name is james boutwell our house that we have been renting for the past nine years flooded during hurricane irma and we are having to move out. So i was wanting to know if you could waive our early concellation fee and maybe help us with the bad credit report that you put on our credit, trying to find a place to live to live with bad credit makes it more difficult. We appreciate anything you can help us with. Thank You
Cable Expert

Re: waiving disconnect fee

@Stick12

If you have been impacted by Hurricane Irma and would like to request suspension of service or a credit, report a downed line, need equipment replaced, or have any other questions, please complete this form.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Restoration date is bogus

Our service has been out in Fort Myers since the storm. Everyone has power back but many have no cable.

My problem with Comcast is their estimated restoration dates are based on nothing. Why? Well last week they estimated that my service would be restored on 9/23/17 at 11:26 AM. Just after that time had passed they updated restoration to 9/26/17 11:26AM. Today after 11:26 AM the time was revised to 9/29/17 11:26AM.

Friends 2 miles away get the same message yet many in between us have service back. There are no down powerlines in our area.

At the very least why can we not get a honest estimate of service restoration? Or do we just keep adding 3 days? I know of 2 people who are already switching service. And why not? There are a number of Dish and century link trucks in our area but I have yet to see one Comcast truck anywhere.

New Poster

Re: Restoration date is bogus

Anon798217 - Yeah, likewise - read my earlier posts - I've had my restoration times changed at least 6 times now since Monday of last week. Zero action has been taken. No Comcast trucks have been in our area. Nothing has been done. I reported a downed Comcast line and was allowed to actually open a ticket. I was assured the tech would contact me within 24-48 hours. No tech contacted me within 24-48 hours. I suspect Comcast is obligated by FCC laws or somesuch to officially declare a restoration date but are under no obligation to meet it. They just have to show intent etc. Hence the meaningless dates and times they give are just to protect themselves legally.

A work friend loaned me a Verizon hotspot on Sunday so we have rudimentary internet in the house now, but its metered and therefore limited. I paid my Comcast bill dutifully on the 18th and hope to receive enough credit back to cover the early cancellation fee. We're switching to Frontier. Their network is far newer, faster, runs underground. Everyone in our neighborhood on Frontier never missed a beat. Good luck with your case. 

Regular Visitor

I just got my service back 6 hours ago. Although to be honest I am very worried that it will randomly be shut off again like I've read based on other people's experience. I'm in 33177 miami dade.

Wasn't fort Myers/naples (collier/lee counties) in general where the worst of the storm happened? I would imagine you guys will not have service for another week or so. Here in miami dade we are just getting our internet back and the storm just grazed us.
New Poster

Re: hurricane irma

I tried to fill out the form for credit but it wouldn't take anything I typed in the "how can we help you" box.  So, the form went in with only my information. My power was out from 9/10 to 9/18, then service was intermittant (from the 18th to the 21st) because all the underground wiring needed to be replaced.  I was without ANY service from the  22nd to last night the 26th, when the follow up crew behind the underground replacement crew got my services back on.   So, a total of 8 days due to the hurricane, then 5 more days due to cable replacement.  How do I get credit for this? since I cannot explain on the form?

New Poster

No service for 16 days, no internet, no phone, no cable, no customer service

After huricane Irma we are still waiting for comcast crew to restore the lines and reinstall the hub, after several call to customer service, everyone says the same thing " one crew will asist you tomorrow between 8 am to 8 pm" and nothing happen for 16 days, no cable, no internet, no phone, no customer service...

Admin1

Hi Anon798217 -- Completely understand your frustration with getting service restored. We are working very hard in your area to get service restored as quickly as possible. The reason we've had to change restoration dates is due to finding further damage that prevents us from getting service restored. We've had to push the dates back based on when we think we can have area repairs done by. We encourage you to visit My AccountXFINITY My Account App, or check the Status Center to receive updated information about service restoration in your area.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Hi,

I have been in communications for many years and most customers would just like to know when service should be restored. The lies that the "off shore" reps tell does not help matters. I realize that there was major damage and I lost TV and Internet on 9/10/17 and have yet to get it back. No TV, No Internet. They said they cleared the node in my area and sent a tech out since my service was still out and he advised that it was low levels to my house. He turned in a maintenance ticket and that was last friday the 22nd. Latest update today is that there is again an outage in my area and a "front line" rep told me today that there were at least 20 customers on my street and the 2 streets next to mine that are out.

I can make arrangements to get cell hot spot etc. but what kills me is not having status update capability. Other companies at least give deadlines or service restoration dates. FPL said all power will be restored by 9/22/17 and they were almost 100% by that date. Its too bad Comcast can't do the same. If they ever get any real competition in our area, they will be forced to upgrade there customer service big time.

Thanks for letting me vent. Nothing I can do for now except wait.

Official Employee

Re: Hurricane Irma - XFINITY WiFi Hotspots (Florida)

Hello Micbar86,

I am showing that your area should have all of your services restored at this time. If you are having issues at your location please send me a private message verifying your account with the account name, phone number, or address where you have service. With this I can investigate your issue.

Thank you

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Internet not working

I'm in the Acreage and don't have internet service. Cable TV is OK. Anyone else having this problem?

Admin1

Re: No service for 16 days, no internet, no phone, no cable, no customer service

Hi jvs1911 -- I reviewed your account to see about getting service restored. Your account has been marked that your line needs to be replaced/repaired. What tech ops has done is created a job for each account that's in need to service restoration due to a downed line or line that needs replaced/repaired. Due to the volume of these requests, they're unable to get to each request on the day they're scheduled. Any account that has not had this completed gets rescheduled for the following day. This job will keep getting rescheduled until they've had a chance to get to your account. You are eligible for service credit since your service has been down. You can request that credit here http://www.xfinity.com/florida or by sending me a PM with your account information. Please let me know if you have any further questions about this. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

Re: Internet not working

Have you checked your My Account page to see if there are any outages in your area, or if your service otherwise should be functioning correctly?

New Poster

Re: Hurricane Irma - XFINITY WiFi Hotspots (Florida)

Same here in Wauchula, Florida. I have not had internet, tv, or home security since 09/09/17 @ 12:05 pm. Keep getting updates but services have not been restored. Power has been restored since 09/14/17 @ 2:00 pm. I have called comcast so many times with unresolved answers. We have not seen any comcast repair trucks in our area. Please let me know when my services will be restored. Quit stringing us along with your updates and tell the truth. It seems like comcast is just doing this so we won't go ahead switch to direct tv or dish. Just be honest comcast. I have been a customer of comcast for many, many years and pay my bill on time.