members

online now

discussions

"My service isn't working" (Hurricane Irma) Megathread

SOLVED
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 201 of 404

34748 no cable since September 10 . I was told today at 10 am . Guess what ? NO CABLE 

It will be back in two hours, 7 to 9 pm, Saturday night, Monday 18th,and now 10 am Tuesday.

Next,  an email to the Florida AG .

Posted by
New Poster

Message 202 of 404

Just wanted you to know that our cable wire attached to the telephone pole is swinging loosely and eventually will cause us to lose cable service.  Please add us to your list of repairs.  Thank you

Mrs. Armen

<edited to remove all personal information>

Posted by
New Poster

Message 203 of 404

I have a cable line down on the ground. It does not appear to be cut or damaged just detached from the pole. How do I get a work order in for repair? There was a comcast worker across the street and he said he could not place a repair order for me.....
I have to call it in.

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 204 of 404

Irish-Temper wrote:

Are customers being credited for outages during Hurricane Irma? I had power to my devices, but no cable or internet for 5 days.

Based on my experience with Hermine, you shouldn't have any problem getting credit for time out.  You'll have to call and ask for it, though;  it's not automatic.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 205 of 404

Hello@ RLSALLEY. 

We currently have multiple lines and nodes down in your area.

We're aware of the service interruption in your area and I do apologize for the inconvenience. While we cannot give you an estimated time when your service will be back on, please be assured that we are working to restore service as quickly and safely as possible. We appreciate your patience as we know how important the services in your home are to you.

The most effective way for you to get updates for active service events in your area and information about your Comcast service is to visit Xfinity.com/MyAccount or use the XFINITY My Account app on your secure, Internet-enabled mobile device. Within My Account, you can opt-in for a free one-time text alert to receive a text message once service in your area has been restored.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 206 of 404
Any chance at getting an eta for my service? my zip is 33870
Posted by
New Poster

Message 207 of 404

I'd like to know what's going on as well. Zip 33440. Been a week and I can't even talk to a rep, just uninformative machines.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 208 of 404
I would like to know the status of the restoration in my area. TV, internet and phone are out. The zip code is 32776. Sorrento Florida. I have already been lied to twice about a restoration time by your offshore agents. The 3rd person said they don't have an eta for restoration. That is not a satisfactory answer. Do not tell me to go to the My Account app. It says it is out. It does not give a status or eta for a fix. To be kept informed is not too much to ask! I WANT THE STATUS AND ETA FOR RESTORATION!
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 209 of 404

Fluff4892 wrote:
I would like to know the status of the restoration in my area. TV, internet and phone are out. The zip code is 32776. Sorrento Florida. I have already been lied to twice about a restoration time by your offshore agents. The 3rd person said they don't have an eta for restoration. That is not a satisfactory answer. Do not tell me to go to the My Account app. It says it is out. It does not give a status or eta for a fix. To be kept informed is not too much to ask! I WANT THE STATUS AND ETA FOR RESTORATION!

It may be that Comcast has no set ETA for restoration, especially if there was extensive infrastructure damage, which apparently there has been in many areas of the state.  I'm sure they're working as hard and fast as they can to restore services throughout FL.  I know it's frustrating for you and for the work crews out doing their best to return things back to normal.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 210 of 404
Comcast can provide an ETA. There is no excuse for not keeping the customer informed. If the power company who had far more damage to repair can provide an ETA, Comcast can as as well.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 211 of 404

Cable has been out since Sept 10. I have been calling since 11th. I call twice a day. Fix the problem now. I will call the Florida AG and FCC

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 212 of 404
I've had no information from Comcast at all from any outlet of theirs. The xfinity app tells me only there is an outage in 33145 and that's it. A help person said they would contact me "tomorrow" last saturday and the xfinity news site hasn't had a new article up in 4 days.

I don't even know if xfinity is aware of the full problem in my area beyond "General outage" there are two downed wires just outside my house that apparently were not related to power since they're still down and we have power. How do I get Comcast trucks to recognize that specific wire down? I've already reported it to the help person and via their online application form and the re s been no followup of any sort
Posted by
New Poster

Message 213 of 404

Will i be billed for non service due to hericane outage?

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 214 of 404

aljaja6901___ wrote:

Will i be billed for non service due to hericane outage?

Based on my experience with Hermine, you shouldn't have any problem getting credit for time out.  You'll have to call and ask for it, though;  it's not automatic.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 215 of 404

The line outside my home fell during Irma. Did try calling in, said we would have someone on Monday, so far a no show as of today. The pictures show it got loose from my home and just needs to be reattached to the side of home. we still got service, surprisingly. any, help you can send is appreciated.

WP_20170920_10_56_18_Pro.jpg
WP_20170920_10_56_22_Pro.jpg
WP_20170920_10_56_31_Pro.jpg
WP_20170920_10_56_47_Pro.jpg
WP_20170920_10_56_51_Pro.jpg
Posted by
New Poster

Message 216 of 404

I have been trying to have service restored for over a week. I have complained to Comcast, who absolutely does not care, and I even sent an email to the EVP, who also absolutely does not care. Then I sent an email to comcast cares. They don't exist any longer, and they absolutely DO NOT care. This is my last attempt at resolution. If I do not get service restored ASAP, I will file complaints with the FCC, LFA, FTC,and anywhere else I can file a complaint. I have had it with Comcast and I will do everything I can if my issue isn't resolved ASAP. Instead of typing out another email, I will cut and paste the email I sent to the EVP, who apparently cares about customers as much as any customer service rep there does. No response at all. Very nice but I have to admit, I expected nothing and got just that.

My email to Mr. McArdle:

Hello Mr. McArdle,

I am writing to tell you about the difficult time I am having getting service restored after hurricane Irma.  I'm about to cancel my service and so is everyone else in my building who has Comcast. 

Power was restored to my building last Tuesday and to the rest of the area on Friday. A Comcast tech came out yesterday (Sunday) and confirmed there was a cut cable and no signal is coming into the building. I can see the cable from my bedroom window. He scheduled another visit for Thursday to check the wiring in my condo but said service should be restored before then. When I got home from work today (Monday), the cable was still lying on the ground so I called customer service again to find out when service would be restored. I have been calling frequently. This agent was rude and kept changing her story and needless to say, I have had it. 

There is no reason for this cable to still be lying on the ground. The customer service agent told me service would be restored by 10 p.m. this evening. When I told her about the cut cable, she changed her story. The agent then claimed the cut cable would be fixed on Thursday; however, the tech that was out here yesterday indicated the service call on Thursday would be to check the wires in my condo, not to fix the cut cable. When I explained that to the agent, she became rude and condescending and insisted I was wrong and that the tech would come out on Thursday  to fix the cut cable. This has been going on too long and I am not going to wait till Thursday to have this cable fixed. I told the agent that I was not going to wait until Thursday to get the cable  fixed. I told her I would cancel service if the cable  wasn't fixed sooner. She was only too happy to take care of that for me and she wanted to transfer me to another department to get my service cancelled immediately. 

Mr. McArdle, I am so frustrated with Comcast right now. Everyone in my building has service except those of us who have Comcast. I need service restored now. I would appreciate your assistance in getting my issue resolved. I cannot wait until Thursday to have this cable fixed. There is absolutely no reason why Comcast can't come out and take care of this cut cable sooner. There is also no excuse for customer service to be so rude and condescending. If I spoke to my co-workers or to my customers the way I was spoken to by this customer service agent, I would not have a job. 

If you cannot expedite this for me asap, I will have to cancel my service. AT&T is just a phone call away and they can provide internet and TV immediately. 

I included my personal and account information in the email to expedite my issue but I of course will not post that here. As I said, I have received no response to this email. I will attempt to attach a picture of the cut cable that I can see from my bedroom window. As I said, electricity to the area was restored last Friday so there is no issue with waiting for the power company to restore service. 

Comcast cut cable1.jpg
Posted by
Administrator

Message 217 of 404

All, 

We apologize for any inconvenience the loss of service has caused. We are still recommending if you have been impacted by Hurricane Irma and would like to request suspension of service, a credit, report a down line, need equipment replaced, or have any other questions, please complete this form

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 218 of 404

I get it, there was a big storm, and with such a storm, there will be physical damages.  My issue lies with the blatantly false statements I have received from both the Comcast "chat" service and with those I have spoken with over the phone.  I was first given a time on Monday, service still out, then a random time on Tuesday, same result.  Finally, upon calling to cancel my service, I was assured, very clearly, that the latest it would be is 9/21 at 7PM.  To my suprise (not suprised at all) the Comcast site states the outage "should" be resolved on 9/24.  

As for the subject of this post - at least in my situation, this outage is not due to any physical damage.  I reside in a condominium, and my neighbor (10 feet away) has had service since 9/14.  The only person in the building with Comcast service.  Reason?  Comcast Business subscriber.  There is no physical reason as to why I do not have service, it's just that I am a lower class of customer.  Simple as that.  Had I been told from the beginning that perhaps the outage is due to a reduced capability of the network, I would have accepted it.  Instead I was clearly misled multiple times.  

Prior to calling to cancel, I had scheduled to get set up with Centurylink on Friday.  Sure, I'll get a hit on the speeds available, but I'll have service.  When I was told that service would be restored by 9/21, I believed it, but still kept my appointment with Centurylink on Friday.  I have had Comcast at different residences for over 20 years, and I have accepted that their support is tough to deal with, but a line was seriously crossed.  I sure hope service is restored by 9/21, but I will not hold my breath.

Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 219 of 404
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 220 of 404

DaFoxGreyTail wrote:

Zip 32726. Lost full cable Internet connection (no downstream sync) the night of the storm along with power. Regained power on 9/13 evening and regained cable modem sync mid-day 9/14. However, it is only barely connected, as the speed is less than 5mps down / 13mps up (I have "Blast!® Internet") and my Status page shows Outage in my area and Not Connected for the modem. This low quality connection is greatly effecting my ability to perform my job (home office, remoting into work servers and using PolyCom VOIP phone) as the connection is continually desyncing and dropping packets. I also can't fully use the connection for after work activities and entertainment, as the quality prevent anything other than simple web browsing. This is still the case as of 9/17 morning. While I understand that Comcast crews can't service the lines until power crews have finished working on the same poles, I think Comcast has failed in proactively providing better and more information on the status of the repairs and rebuilds.

Update and question:

As of today, the issue with the connection quality has not changed, I barely have a connection.

However, the Status on My Account shows "All Clear - No Outages Reported"....

Obviously, there are still issues.

Do I need to call in to notify Comcast/Xfinity that there is still an "outage"?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 221 of 404

I see that you've recently posted about an area interruption with your Comcast services, PM your account # so I can look into this & speak privately. ComcastDanB

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 222 of 404

Irish-Temper, I see that you've recently posted about an area interruption and a adjustment for the recent weather event that caused issues with your Comcast services, PM your account # so I can look into this & speak privately. ComcastDanB

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 223 of 404

CJH7, I see that you've recently posted about an area interruption with your Comcast services, PM your account # so I can look into this & speak privately. ComcastDanB

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 224 of 404

aljaja6901___, I see that you've recently posted about an area interruption with your Comcast services, PM your account # so I can look into this & speak privately. ComcastDanB

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 225 of 404

sandyv963, I see that you've recently posted about an area interruption with your Comcast services, PM your account # so I can look into this & speak privately. ComcastDanB

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 226 of 404

mrichardson_813, I see that you've recently posted about an area interruption with your Comcast services, PM your account # so I can look into this & speak privately. ComcastDanB

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 227 of 404

LemonlyLone wrote: I have not had service since 9/8/17 My service returned to me on 9/17/17. I lost it again on 9/18/17 what the heck is going on guys i cannot be without service after you've just restored it now it's gone please help! -

Thank you for that information, I also received your private message with your account information as well. I show that we are still doing work in your area and there is no estimated time on when the problem will be taken care of due to the damage done by hurricane Irma. We do have hot spots open across the state for your personal use if you need to get connected to a Wi-Fi source, we are working as hard as we can and have called upon other service tech from surrounding states to assist in getting your services restored. Thank you for your patience with us, have a good day. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 228 of 404

I can use the nearest hotspot, but my own modem won't even come online. Is any work still being done in Clewiston FL? 33440. It says theres no longer an outage but my service is still not functional. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 229 of 404

Hello beheenMT, I show that services have been restored in your area. Are you still having issues with your internet and TV? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 230 of 404

I have nearly this exact same problem as DaFoxGreyTail in 32221.  My internet connection techinically works but it is so slow and unreliable that it is next to useless (Often < 1.0Mbps both up and down).  This is inspite of No outages reported, also.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 231 of 404

I did not have internet during Hurricane Irma from Sunday, September 10th until Friday, September 15th. I respectfully request a credit to my account reflecting loss of service.

Thank you

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 232 of 404

@supanima2 If you have been impacted by Hurricane Irma and would like to request suspension of service or a credit, report a down line, need equipment replaced, or have any other questions, please complete this form.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 233 of 404

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [personal identifying information]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 234 of 404

mrichardson_813 -- I reviewed your account in regards to the information you were given. The information provided was not meant to be false or misleading. The information given is what was available at the time and what was thought to be the restoration time for your service. Keep in mind that these are estimates and are subject to change if it is found that restoration will take longer due to more work needing to be done. We encourage you to visit My AccountXFINITY My Account App, or check the Status Center to receive updated information about service restoration in your area.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Admin1

Message 235 of 404

Hi supanima2 -- I can have that credit applied to your account as well. Please send me a PM with your full name, address, phone number on account and account number for verification purposes and I'll have that applied.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 236 of 404

Again, there is service in my area, which is clear being that the unit directly next to mine has had service for 8 days (the difference being he is a comcast business customer.)  I just hope something is done within 22 hours (prior to my appointment to be setup with centurylink), otherwise this lifetime comcast customer is jumping ship to a company who is at least forthright and honest about the status of their service, even if their internet speeds are 25% that of comcast's.  

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 237 of 404

Hi RedsWifi, I show that service has been restored in your area. Are you still having issues connecting to your services? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 238 of 404
For the past two nights the XFINITY app shows that I have no outage in my area, "Looks good!". But the internet doesn't work and by the time I wake up in the morning it's back in the red showing another outage in my area.

At least it seems like they are working on whatever issue is affecting my area. My modem has three lights blinking constantly and the online light is obviously not on. Hopefully this is resolved soon. It's showing no outage at this very moment but I have no internet. Let's see what it says tomorrow morning when I wake up.
Zip code : 33177
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 239 of 404

Hi Newslearn,

We currently have measures in place for our customers who have been affected by the hurricanes. I'd be more than happy to discuss your options and how we can assist you guys during this time. 

Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, phone number, and the street address or the full account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 240 of 404

Hi Cowgirlspecial1, you can call in to have the cable raised or I can assist you here. I would need to first verify your account, if you need assistance scheduling a tech to come out please send me your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "private message me".

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 241 of 404

Hi acdcbabe,

Yes, we do have certain measures in place to help our customers who were affected by the Hurricanes. I can assist you, just send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, phone number, and the street address or the full account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 242 of 404
When will service be restored in the Kendall area 33186? Why can customers get an ETA.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 243 of 404

How do I go about getting an estimate as to the resolution of my outage?  Do I just seek out another service provider?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 244 of 404
My area, highlands county florida, was hit hard by Hurricane Irma almost 2 weeks ago. I still have no Comcast service. I check the status website to see when my service will be restored.. it tells me a date and time and i look forward to it ...then am disappointed to see that the time and date have been moved....Again and again ...12 hours later every time It seems to me that it would be better to be honest and just say" we arent sure when we will fix your connection rather than tease and dissappoint.
Im this area you never see comcast trucks here repairing anything. Just promises. I suppose I have run out of patience.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 245 of 404

Sarasota, West of the Trail: Our electric service was down from Sunday the 10th through Saturday the 16th. Comcast service did not when electric was restored. I have now received four (4) separate dates and times for its restoration. Monday the 18th, Thursday the 21st, Today - which has come and gone - and now Sunday the 24th. The dates Comcast is supplying are meaningless and I believe are designed to deflect heat from customers who are starting to realize that Comcast - unlike FPL - was completely unprepared for Irma.

FPL mobilized an army of restoration workers from all over the country. Those that worked in my neighborhood, at all hours, to fix downed lines and restore power, were from Pennsylvania and New Jersey. What has Comcast done? Apparantly nothing comparable. Hapless Customer Service agents can do nothing but repeat inaccurate information that I can read by logging into my account online. I would rather they supply no dates rather than continue with this game of setting dates that have no basis in reality. Imagine what things would have been like if Irma had been as bad as predicted. Power restoration would have taken longer and Comcast would have had additional valuable time to waffle and do nothing. Meanwhile, Frontier service is working great for my neighbors, and came back up as soon as electric was restored. As much as I loathe the idea of having to engage Frontier's notoriously bad customer service, I may ultimately be driven into their arms. I've been a Comcast customer for almost 10 years, spending as much as $200/month, and their recent lack of professionalism - including the ordeal of getting correct service and billing at our new residence when we moved here in May - has been extremely discouraging. So that's what they really think of us...

Posted by
New Poster

Message 246 of 404

Update**

I called Xfinity because my phone said my outage was done and services were connected, but when I got home my cable and interent were still not working.  THe gentleman who picked up the phone was very nice and tried his best to get me working, but it turned out that I was still under an outage.  I did not get mad at him because I know its not his fault, but basically that means the app is useless when it comes to updating my status.  MY app first said I was connected on Monday, and since then my app randomly shows connected then "outage" then connected, but even if it says connected, I am still under an outage despite what the app says.  So I basically have no way of knowing when my services are restored or will be restored.  THe guy helping me was honest and said we do not know when your services are going to be restored.  He said he would call me back when services are restored, but still, its been 14 days now basically with no services.  I have not seen a comcast truck anywhere in my travels since the outage, and have no idea what the problem is.  It is getting frustrating.  The xfintiy hotspot is spotty in my house and only gets good signal in 1 room.  FPL did a great job with restoring power, but either xfinities equipment is the worst, or they do not have enough qualified techs to repair the damage from IRMA.  But if that is the case, let us know please...

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 247 of 404
I have really had it with Comcast and as I keep reading these posts it just baffles me why I'm still here. I live in Miami Gardens, Florida and I was told that the main antenna was damaged but I'm so confused because there are customers that are about 5 minutes away in an apartment complex who still have their service and while I was reading a post from someone way in Sarasota, they were given the same exact timeframes I was given for the Miami Gardens area so that definitely lets me know that something isn't right because we are so far away in a whole other area from each other. What's the problem Comcast? Why are all these other companies up and running and you aren't but then you have the nerve to demand payment on time in time and constantly threatening to disconnect for nonpayment, I don't get it. Just tell us the truth. Are the workers on strike or something? And it's not like you don't have enough man power and if it is the main antenna then send the whole fleet to go fix it dang is it that confusing. And I definitely want credit for not having any service. I was told my services would be back by the 18th then the 21st and then the 22nd by 5pm after 5pm I called and spoke to an agent who said it should be back on by 8pm then I checked online and it said the 24th by 8:58pm, what's with that? If you want us to go to other companies fine then it should be your responsibility to pay for any fees associated with switching. We shouldn't have to go through any credit checks and/or pay any deposits for switching because Comcast is basically forcing us to switch and it's not our responsibility to pay any expenses. I realize a hurricane is a natural disaster but Comcast should have been prepared for this and should also have experienced technical workers and it specialists to figure out what the issue is. I don't care how long my post is because I don't have anything else better to do without cable or internet. I would like a credit applied for September 9th til September 24th.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 248 of 404
You lied to me, Comcast

9/22 by 5pm

Now suddenly it's 9/24 by 858pm

Other people say they're getting pushed back

I wonder how AT&T' s disaster response fares
Posted by
Admin1

Message 249 of 404

Hi Missnerra74 -- The recent hurricane caused extensive damage in your area. We have been working around the clock to have service restored in all areas. Please understand that some areas received far more damage than others and have taken longer to get repaired. We encourage you to visit My AccountXFINITY My Account App, or check the Status Center to receive updated information about service restoration in your area. Please keep in mind that restoration times are estimates and can change if further damage is found or if there are delays with repairs. Please send me a PM once your service is fully restored and I will have credit applied. That same request can also be done here: http://www.xfinity.com/florida

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 250 of 404