when will i get cable back i live in 33127 zip

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 151 of 404
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 153 of 404

Has anyone received any meaningful information on the status of restoration of service other than the following?:

An Outage has been reported in your area.

An XFINITY Services outage has been reported in your area. We're working hard to get your service up and running.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 154 of 404

when will the ourage in Key Biscayne be fixed?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 155 of 404
Hi Andrew, I am hoping to get a status update on my services. It's been several days without any services in my
Home. I am in south Florida and although I've called customer service several times no one can give me a straight answer as to the problem and I've been given several different times for a resolution and nothing has been solved as of yet. I need internet for business purposes and have already gone over my data on my phone. When can we realistically expect this to be handled? Thank you
Posted by
New Poster

Message 156 of 404
when will tv and internet be up and running in Windmill Village FL 33903
Posted by
New Poster

Message 157 of 404
I understand after an event like a hurricane it might be difficult to restore services quickly, but the updates on the xfinity app and website just saying there is an outage is just not enough info. If there is a power issue, or some other difficulty or just some piece of useful info would be appreciated. I live in Hollywood fl 33024 and have had no internet or cable since the storm hit, its been 7 days so far with no service. (home security appears to be working) Any updates would be apprieciated, I rely on my internet to check my bills and check my work email...my phone data is all used up. thanks.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 158 of 404

Agree 100%.   First off out for 7 days is unacceptable, worse is the generic "you have an outage in your area and we are working hard to restore".  By now they should have some level of detail and an estimated time.  I work from home and rely on internet.  I've blown through my cellular data plan and had to upgrade it because of this extended outage.

the only options in my area 33426 are Comcast and att.  Is there legislation that can be enacted to open up the competition?   FPL has been so impressive in their response.   Comcast, not s much.  Internet is vital in today's world and more options and competition are needed badly.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 159 of 404
10+ days without internet...long after power has been restored in the area. My entire city has power. my cable provider AT&T has restored service long ago. What are you guys doing? What happened to the out of state workers you said you deployed? I have a service center 10-15 minutes away from my area, I drive by and I see a whole bunch of xfinity trucks parked. Why? They should be on the road fixing the internet. I hope you do not have to audacity to charge me or anybody without service for this month. If you do I will persure legal action because what you are committing is called FRAUD.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 160 of 404

Any way to get an update on restoring service to 33060 (Pompano Beach, FL)?  Power was restored to my street Tuesday afternoon (09/12), and as of today (09/16) as I left for work (~1500) there are still downed cable wires along the whole street, haven't seen any trucks the whole week.  I keep getting the generic message when I log in to both the myaccount website and app. 

Thanks.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 161 of 404
Why did I lose service 5 days after Hurricane Irma. Can't get anybody to answer the phones at Comcast Xfinity anywhere. Could only get through to India online chat on my phone. They Didn't have a clue why I had service through hurricane Irma and after the Hurricane past and then 5 days later on Saturday the 16th lost service. But I didn't have a clue when it would be back on. 32825

Posted by
New Poster

Message 162 of 404
Hurricane Irma just went through, I have hundreds of shows on the DVR and no cable, yet I cannot watch pre-recorded shows we have been without power Or cable and Internet.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 163 of 404

Sorry, dude , while we see a xfinity wifi available, it also shows NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET, and has all week since the hurricane causing outtages. I got my electric back yesterday, and the same issue. Gitterdid, son.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 164 of 404

NaplesMark wrote:
Hurricane Irma just went through, I have hundreds of shows on the DVR and no cable, yet I cannot watch pre-recorded shows we have been without power Or cable and Internet.

if you have xfinitywif from someone else's working system or you have unlimited cell data or an open hotspot you can use your access on the cloud DVR to watch the 60 maximum hours that it stores.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 165 of 404

Zip 32726. Lost full cable Internet connection (no downstream sync) the night of the storm along with power. Regained power on 9/13 evening and regained cable modem sync mid-day 9/14. However, it is only barely connected, as the speed is less than 5mps down / 13mps up (I have "Blast!® Internet") and my Status page shows Outage in my area and Not Connected for the modem. This low quality connection is greatly effecting my ability to perform my job (home office, remoting into work servers and using PolyCom VOIP phone) as the connection is continually desyncing and dropping packets. I also can't fully use the connection for after work activities and entertainment, as the quality prevent anything other than simple web browsing. This is still the case as of 9/17 morning. While I understand that Comcast crews can't service the lines until power crews have finished working on the same poles, I think Comcast has failed in proactively providing better and more information on the status of the repairs and rebuilds.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 166 of 404
I have found no way to talk to a human at Comcast. Not only have I been without service for over a week- there is no way to find out when my service will be restored. My job depends on files and contacts on my PC. I feel Comcast should not bill for the time we have not been connected.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 167 of 404
xfinity has been out since hurricane Irma will we get credited for that?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 168 of 404
As a result of hurricane Irma I have no service I was unable to use hotspots and I was billed for my monthly service even though I'm not getting service due to outages my question is will xfinity customers be receiving credit for interrupted service?
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 169 of 404

acdcbabe wrote:
As a result of hurricane Irma I have no service I was unable to use hotspots and I was billed for my monthly service even though I'm not getting service due to outages my question is will xfinity customers be receiving credit for interrupted service?

Call and ask.  You should get credit for the outage, but it's not automatic.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 170 of 404
Posted by
New Poster

Message 171 of 404

I have had power since Wednesday yet still as of yet have no comcast service( internet,phone,tv). All my neighbors who are with other companies AT&T, dish etc have had service within 1 day of power returning. I can't get a straight answer, they even sent a tech to my house as well as 15 other neighbors who was baffled as to why he was given the appts when no service was available in the area due to an outage. No one can tell me if it's being worked on, when I will be getting service and are clueless as to the reason there is still an outage. I  work from home and am considering switching if I can't get an answer especially since I have not seen one Comcast truck in my area except for the baffled tech who is unable to do anything. When is Comcast gonna get it together and get service restored in the areas that have power and no access issues?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 172 of 404
Hello. We've had power for days. And I am u able to get a straight answer from Comcast as to the issue and when we can expect this to be restored. It is just unacceptable for such a large company to keep its customers in the dark. I understand the situation but it's been a week and I want to know when I can expect my services back.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 173 of 404

Hi! I'd like to report a down cable at my home residence in Miami, FL. where or whom can I report this to? I know service is still down when I check my online account, but most of my friends around the same neighborhood with comcast already have their internet back. Anyways, This cable basically on the ground in my backyard needs to be checked/ looked at. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 174 of 404

when will service be resumed? Bonita Springs, Fl.....
Spanish Wells

Posted by
New Poster

Message 175 of 404

Hi

FOR THOSE AFFECTED BY IRMA IN FLORIDA:

This is not entirely true as comcast is picking and choosing how to answer this question.  When you do get power back, assuming you do not have power, Comcast would still need to assess their crappy equipment and then fix it so you can get service.  That said it will be longer that you will be out of service.  Further once you do have service, yes you can call comcast and request a credit, but thats when the fighting for the appropriate credit will begin.  You should be credited not only for the time you DO NOT have service, but also the proportionate taxes and fees to the credit that you should receive.  Don't bother with their chat service as you will get nowhere there.  You, apparently, also have the option of filling out an online form that you do not get confirmation from comcast that you submitted to them (noticed that you cant even email comcast anymore?).  That form page is https://www.xfinity.com/florida-form.

Good Luck...i've just begun to fight for my credit.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 176 of 404
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 177 of 404

SteveS13 wrote:

Hi

FOR THOSE AFFECTED BY IRMA IN FLORIDA:

This is not entirely true as comcast is picking and choosing how to answer this question.  When you do get power back, assuming you do not have power, Comcast would still need to assess their crappy equipment and then fix it so you can get service.  That said it will be longer that you will be out of service.  Further once you do have service, yes you can call comcast and request a credit, but thats when the fighting for the appropriate credit will begin.  You should be credited not only for the time you DO NOT have service, but also the proportionate taxes and fees to the credit that you should receive.  Don't bother with their chat service as you will get nowhere there.  You, apparently, also have the option of filling out an online form that you do not get confirmation from comcast that you submitted to them (noticed that you cant even email comcast anymore?).  That form page is https://www.xfinity.com/florida-form.

Good Luck...i've just begun to fight for my credit.

I had no issue getting credit for Hermine, including the taxes.  Haven't tried for Irma, since it was only a few hours.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 178 of 404
Cable outage after hurricane. When can we expect cable TV back in key Largo subdivision Port Largo
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 179 of 404

acdcbabe, I see that you've recently posted about an area interruption with your Comcast services, PM your account # so I can look into this. Once the services ahve been reach out here and we'll apply an adjustment to the account for the time of service interruption. ComcastDanB

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 180 of 404

During Huricane Irma my Comcast cable was severed by Tree Branch.

My electrical service has been restored since Thursday September 14.

When can I expect a technician to replace the cable and restore service?

Thanks

Best Regards

Luis Bernal 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 181 of 404
They should automatically credit everyone that was affected the month of September. Doesn't seem right that a lot of people that were affected will be paying their full bill. When they have been without service for over a week.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 182 of 404
My service quit on Sept 10th 2017...several days before Hurricane Irma made landfall in Fl. I've called to report that and am told that receiving credit for the days of no service is not automatic. I am finding out that a scheduled maintenance at the main facility was the real culprit and not the storm. There are no lineman out in our city because there was very little damage in our city from hurricane Irma. One would think Comcast could give us a proposed date when they can resume service.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 183 of 404

We have not had internet or TV in 9 days!  Our Xfinity internet and TV went out before power was off. Power came back on last Wednesday and still we have o service!  I am hoping we at least get a credit or no charges for loss of service!  Frustrated!

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 184 of 404

haggard2193 wrote:
My service quit on Sept 10th 2017... I am finding out that a scheduled maintenance at the main facility was the real culprit and not the storm. 

Scheduled maintenance would take a few minutes to at max two hours. An eight-day outage could only be storm-related. Even if your local cable system is fine, there could be issues miles and miles away that are preventing signal from reaching you. 

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 185 of 404
Solution

ProClicker wrote:
They should automatically credit everyone that was affected the month of September. Doesn't seem right that a lot of people that were affected will be paying their full bill. When they have been without service for over a week.

****Validated solution current through 9/2017- Community Team****

If you have been impacted by Hurricane Irma and would like to request suspension of service or a credit, report a down line, need equipment replaced, or have any other questions, please complete this form

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 186 of 404

The "status center" has had the same message for over a week... "There is currently an Internet and TV and voice outage in your area." No answers as to when service would be restored. No answers on the phone. The "chat" option doesnt work. It's not a power issue as Key Biscayne (33149) has had power for a week. Friends a couple of streets down have service. What is going on? Why arent there answers? Why isnt there a timeline? Working off phone data, and racking it up quickly! Can someone please provide answers?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 187 of 404

Does anybody know when service will be restored in Key Biscayne?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 188 of 404

Very disappointed that we've been 7 days without service in an area impacted by hurricane Irma.

94 year old man dependent on a Med Alert device through his phone has no phone service via VoIP.

We've been given multiple service dates/times and all have been missed.  

Neighbors w/o Xfinity has had service restored.

Customer no-service has been unavailable.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 189 of 404

When will my services be restored???

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 190 of 404

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 191 of 404

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 192 of 404

Enough is enough. No service. No information. Missed every date/time for restoration. When will someone at Comcast tell the truth or admit they have no idea what is going on? How about Comcast stops the lying? Nine days now and no one in Naples, FL has seen  Comcast trucks anywhere in the field. Power was restored days ago. Dishonesty and failure to provide explanations and truthful information = Comcast = the worst customer servie and relations of any corporation in America. I've experienced really, really bad service before, but this exceeds anything previously known in the industry. Comcast isn't even accountable to the politicians who get their legal bribes from them.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 193 of 404

I have not had service since 9/8/17 My service returned to me on 9/17/17. I lost it again on 9/18/17 what the heck is going on guys i cannot be without service after you've just restored it.

I had it for a WHOLE day what happened why did you guys stop

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 194 of 404
Hello
I am aware of the outages that have been affected by hurricane irma but I just want a simple answer as to when to expect some form of resolution to the problem please. They told me it would be restored by September 18th at 7:10 pm but it's still out. Does anyone know if they're even working in my area of Miami Gardens? Please help
Posted by
New Poster

Message 195 of 404

They will keep bumping the ETA till service is restored.

If you're lucky it's soon.

I wish you well - Fort myers out of service since 9/8/17

Posted by
New Poster

Message 196 of 404

I have not had service since 9/8/17 My service returned to me on 9/17/17. I lost it again on 9/18/17 what the heck is going on guys i cannot be without service after you've just restored it now it's gone please help! -

Posted by
New Poster

Message 197 of 404

I've had power for a week now, any idea when we might have cable restored in the Sarasota Springs area of Sarasota FL?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 198 of 404
Any eta that you could pass along with restoration of service from Irma?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 199 of 404

Are customers being credited for outages during Hurricane Irma? I had power to my devices, but no cable or internet for 5 days.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 200 of 404

No cable since September 10 . That credit better be huge. Where is cable coming back. They told me 10 am today. Guess what ? NO CABLE