New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"My service isn't working" (Hurricane Irma) Megathread

SOLVED
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 101 of 404
In want to know if the home internet service is down due to the storm..because my internet service is not working
Thank yoi
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 102 of 404

goosette2000 wrote:

When will the service in my area be repaired?

It's probably going to be a while.  As you know, this was a major storm.  And restoration of cable services comes behind the major utilities  It'll happen, but for the time being, patience is a virtue.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 103 of 404
Can I get an update on my service being restored. I've checked under my account like you keep saying but all it has said for the past four days is an outage has been reported in my area. That's not helpful.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 104 of 404

When will we be restored?

Power never went out in my area in Port Charlotte.

No one will help us in service.  No one will answer!

I am doing this from my mother-in-laws.  Her power came back

on yesterday evening and so did her Xfinity.

Yet my power never went out and I have no cable TV or internet!

The "Service" page just keeps reloading to "Please Sign In"!

Never lets me sign in.  This is getting rediculous that I can get NO Customer Service!

Someone helps us please!

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 105 of 404
When will service be restored to the 33317 area? Service has been out for 6 days now. Power was out and back in less than 12 hours. Why cable/internet/wifi still not available? I see no COMCAST trucks in my area. Is anything being done? It's not easy to get information from COMCAST. Just the standard "outage reported in your area" message. When will service be restored?
Posted by
New Poster

Message 106 of 404
Then why did it come back on for an hour today between 5 and 6pm, then cut off again.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 107 of 404
I have been impacted by poor customer service from Comcast.
My area was affected with tropical storm Irma,ybservice were working after the storm left but 2 days later went down. According to Comcast because of the storm... I check all my network and one TV is working. So I called to ask xfinity as it does not make sense.
Talked to 8 different persons. And had to deal with jokes like "don't you know there was a hurricane" "aren't you grateful that one tv is working". At the end nobody was able to answer my questions
Any recommendations on how to deal with my problem and also, how to contact Comcast form my complained, I asked to talk to a supervisor and was simply transferred to another representative

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 108 of 404

Dwntnftl wrote:
Then why did it come back on for an hour today between 5 and 6pm, then cut off again.

Temporary fluctuations in your service may occur throughout the restoration period. You may experience brief losses of your services or degradation of quality as service continues to be restored throughout the area.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 109 of 404

My cable TV service started working at around 3 PM today (9/14) and wifi started working at around 6 PM today (33446 zip code). I had power all week (it was restored on 9/11 at 2 PM).

Posted by
New Poster

Message 110 of 404

How am I supposed to conduct my home business without internet ? 

The status center is useless. Any updates would be better than silence.

As many have said where are the trucks in our area ? Did they all get sent to the East coast ? 

No lines are down in area. 

Thanks Comcast

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 111 of 404

Hello, 

We hope you and your loved ones are safe.

If you are experiencing a loss of XFINITY services due to severe weather conditions, please be aware that this could be the result of a local public power interruption and/or damage to our network that serves your neighborhood. We will work as quickly and safely as possible to restore your service, but please be aware that we typically must wait for local power companies to first restore power to your neighborhood and allow our teams into the area to repair our network. It is possible that power could be restored to your home but the XFINITY network serving your neighborhood is still affected, preventing XFINITY services from working. Local public power must also be restored at your home before XFINITY services can work properly.

The most effective way for you to get updates for active service events in your area and information about your Comcast service is to visit https://www.xfinity.com/support/status/  or use the XFINITY My Account app on your secure, Internet-enabled mobile device. Within My Account, you can opt-in for a free one-time text alert to receive a text message once service in your area has been restored.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 112 of 404
Posted by
New Poster

Message 113 of 404

Any idea when we can expect internet service in the Vanderbilt Beach area (north Naples) of Naples, FL?  I know it's a mess...just curious if anyone has an estimate.  Thanks for working hard to restore service!

Mike

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 114 of 404
Please stop copy and pasting that same nonanswer post that has been pasted here 5 times already. Our account pages have no information beyond the fact that there is an outage. We know there is an outage, we noticed the storm.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 115 of 404

Power was restored to my home today from since Sunday 9/10/17, due to hurricane Irma. Now, I am able to turn my television with the X1 Box on by the remote; however, my remote will not do anything else. It will not go to voice command, turn the channel, nor go to the guide. What do I need to do? 

Keia

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 116 of 404

Hi Nirmarciano, I how that we are still doing some work in your area. We hope you and your loved ones have remained safe during Hurricane Irma. To keep you connected, our WiFi hot spots are open to the public through September 20.

We have begun efforts to get your XFINITY services back up and running. As power comes back across the area and it becomes safe for our technicians and restoration crews, they will work to repair any damages impacting our infrastructure. Employees from other areas of the country are stepping up and traveling to Florida to help in these efforts. You can always track service outages in your area with XFINITY My Account or the Status Center.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 117 of 404

Power has been up since Monday and as of now I still do not have any cable or internet service. Does anyone in this zip code have service? If this is Xfinity reading my message tell me when service will be restored.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 118 of 404

An Outage has been reported in your area.

An XFINITY Services outage has been reported in your area. 

is the only information given under my account.  There is nothing to even give a clue when services will be restored.  Never without electricity throughout the storm, have been without TV, Phone, Internet since day one.  

Keep reading messages to go to your account for further information.  What kind of information is that?  No kidding, an outage has been reported.  Give more information, like when, when, when to expect even seeing a repair truck in the area.   Something.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 119 of 404

Hi alexmullin -- We are glad to hear you are safe and have been able to return to your home after this disaster. As expected, Hurricane Irma caused massive damage to our infrastructure in the Florida area. We are still recovering from the damage that was caused and have been working around the clock to resolve any infrastructure issues. Please understand that due to the extent of the damage this will take time to make all necessary repairs to have your service working as intended.

We encourage you to visit My AccountXFINITY My Account App, or check the Status Center to receive updated information about service restoration in your area.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 120 of 404

First off, the one person spelled xfinity wrong?  Also haven't you noticed that xfinity goes down on a regular basis so of course during an epic weather event it will completely go down.  Power companies have to replace power polls and fix the power lines before the cable crews can go replace the cable.  You can watch digital tv from your tv but you need an antenna... unless your tv doesn't have a tuner (most large vizios don't for example).  Why would xfinity supply you with an antenna, it can't just be a radio antenna... If you have cell phone service you can login and check your accounts or pair your phone with a computer or watch tv on your cell phone.  If you have power you can still watch blurays.  Radio is more reliable for disaster times you have a bose radio use that.  If you were smart you probably should have evacuated as I did and I'm back now after a week from an enjoyable trip to New York and Philadelphia.  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 121 of 404
Copy and paste message=They have no clue when the services will be restored. The power companies were way more prepared for this.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 122 of 404
This process is horrible

I would like to get a status update on your effort to restore service in Estero FL
Posted by
New Poster

Message 123 of 404
I reside in Florida, Miami and my service too has been interrupted since before the worst of Irma. I have phone and internet with this company and rely on it to RUN my home-based business. @ComcastCares gets no reply, I assume they are overwhelmed. I need to know like the rest, what the flip is going on? When will these outage be resolved?

In a day in age where people rely on you to provide a service, you drop the ball. Using Hurrican Irma as a distraction when its really something greater. I've never lost poweram grateful for that. But a week now without income, very frustrating. Good Job FPL for being prepared! . Word if advice CEO of Comcast, preparation equals opportunities. You've got tons of angry customers!
Posted by
New Poster

Message 124 of 404
I was just curious if our bills would be prorated since we are not receiving the services we pay for. I haven't had service since 2am Monday morning and if I'm billed the total month's rate there's going to be a problem. I've had city power to my house since Monday evening.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 125 of 404

"As expected, Hurricane Irma caused massive damage to our infrastructure in the Florida area."  This is what everyone is trying to find out.  We just wanted an explanation rather than vague redirects to a website or app when we don't have any service.  If there was "massive damage to our infrastructure"  then Comcast should put that out there so the public knows and can possibly be a little tolerant.  Giving no explanations, no estimates, and the run around on phone recordings, and canned generic responses is what is frustrating your customers.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 126 of 404
Just want to point out that I've seen AT&T trucks hooking up generators to their neighborhood VRADs, Comcast's equivilant of a node. That way if power is out at the VRAD but power is restored to the home or business their service can be back up, assuming the the lines downstream from the VRAD were not damaged. Why doesn't Comcast have the same disaster recovery plan to power the main neighborhood nodes with generators. The excuse 12 years ago was that you were an entertainment company so it wasn't critical to get services back up. That doesn't fly anymore being the top broadband provider in the country and the phone provider for many residences and businesses. As a legacy phone company who provided a lifeline service back in the day, AT&T seems to know what to do after a storm with generators while Comcast doesn't. Obviously, it's too late to deal with this now, but maybe state and federal regulation is in order to be prepared for future storms.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 127 of 404

Hi Jim_Kirk_FL, I can get your number added so that you can receive text notifications. First I will need to verify your account, please send me a private message with your full address, phone number, and account number by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me". You can also get updates by downloading our "My Account" app and when you login the app will show you the work order and update you on the estimated time that the work order will be resolved. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 128 of 404

No power out in area. Never lost power. I need internet for my business.

5 days now.  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 129 of 404

Have pity on the rest of us who have nothing. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 130 of 404

So if our lines actually came down we would have a chance of getting service restored ? 

But if we don't have lines down and no service we won't see repair crew ? 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 131 of 404

Hello Theresawalker, We hope you and your loved ones have remained safe during Hurricane Irma. To keep you connected, our WiFi hotspots are open to the public through September 20.

We have begun efforts to get your XFINITY services back up and running. As power comes back across the area and it becomes safe for our technicians and restoration crews, they will work to repair any damages impacting our infrastructure. Employees from other areas of the country are stepping up and traveling to Florida to help in these efforts. You can always track service outages in your area with XFINITY My Account or the Status Center.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 132 of 404

Hi Damahermosa15, I see that we are working on this issue in your area. You can always track service outages in your area with XFINITY My Account or the Status Center.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 133 of 404

Hi MPM1113, we don't have a set time on when your services will be restored just yet. We are working around the clock to get all of the services functioning properly in the Florida area. You can always track service outages in your area with XFINITY My Account or the Status Center.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 134 of 404

@LenaRose - here's a link to a form you can fill out to request a refund for loss of services:

https://www.xfinity.com/florida-form

Posted by
New Poster

Message 135 of 404

How are we supposed to use the hotspots if service is out in our area? I tried numerous times to access a hotspot from my home and was not able to.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 136 of 404

Hello Irmawasnyfirst, we are working on getting all homes affected by the hurricane service. We hope you and your loved ones have remained safe during Hurricane Irma. To keep you connected, our WiFi hotspots are open to the public through September 20.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 137 of 404
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 138 of 404
You can't use hotspots if there's no service in your area.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 139 of 404
Can you please provide me with a date for when I'll get service again? Account update only says outage.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 140 of 404

we lost internet during hurricane, we now have wifi and can pick up intrnet with roku but can not connect to internet with laptop and ipad

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 141 of 404
No, "You can[not] always track service outages in your area with XFINITY My Account or the Status Center." when it says "An outage has been reported in your area" but has no estimate, and "you have been logged into your account but we cannot access your details, please try again later"

We weathered the storm a week ago with no major outage, what now all of a sudden we are hours without?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 142 of 404
I get that it takes time to restore service, but why us my service so splotchy? One min its on for the night then it shuts off again with reports of an outage. Its done this three separate times and I've had power during the storm the entire time. My zip code is 33321 if that helps. It doesn't make sense for my services to work spontaneously if there is an outage.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 143 of 404

After weather events, there can still be some issues with your services that remain. Trying basic troubleshooting and checking the status of your modem in the My Account section online or in-app should help resolve your issues.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 144 of 404

violetsss wrote:

we lost internet during hurricane, we now have wifi and can pick up intrnet with roku but can not connect to internet with laptop and ipad

Hi, I moved your post to the Irma megathread.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 145 of 404

When are you going to fix our internet and TV service.?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 146 of 404

Going on day 6 without internet, phone, tv.  No information other than "there is an outage in your area" which gives absolutely no clue as to when to expect service again.   This is going beyond ridiculous.  Have never lost power, but info says services will not be restored until power is restored.    There better be a smaller bill next month.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 147 of 404

The point is, you CAN'T check outages in your area because all it says is there is an outage in your area.  No further information at all.  No kidding, there is an outage in the area.  People two blocks away have service.  Why can't you be more specific and let us know when to expect anything.  Have not even seen a truck in the area.  

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 148 of 404

bmh23 wrote:

Going on day 6 without internet, phone, tv.  No information other than "there is an outage in your area" which gives absolutely no clue as to when to expect service again.   This is going beyond ridiculous.  Have never lost power, but info says services will not be restored until power is restored.    There better be a smaller bill next month.

Just keep track of the time services were out and give them a call when they're restored.  Prorating shouldn't be a problem, but it isn't automatic.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 149 of 404

No, you can't:   You can always track service outages in your area with XFINITY My Account or the Status Center.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 150 of 404

No you can't:  you can opt-in for a free one-time text alert to receive a text message once service in your area has been restored.