New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"My service isn't working" (Hurricane Irma) Megathread

SOLVED
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 51 of 264

All of my services have been out since Monday 11, 2017. I live < Personal Information >. There is absolutely no excuse that I can call comcast and their Internet is working but the paying customer's service has been out over 72 hours. School has been out and I am unable to call my child from work, nor is he able to use the Internet for Netflix, or firestick. The alarm system is useless if it is not keeping my child safe or my home. 1 or 2 services not working maybe but all of them? I do not wish to sit in the house after work with out cable and nor does my son. I have been lied to twice about it being turned on by a certain time. This needs to be fixed immediately! !! I really hate this company and can not wait to change. Att customers never lost service in my area. < Personal Information>. and stop telling your customer service people to tell the customers anything to get them off the phone. This outage lie is bull, all the money this company make you would think you would have better equipment and towers to fulfill the service for the customers or better employees to solve the outage problem. I bet the people in corporate and employees service is on.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 52 of 264

What is being done to restore my service? It's been down now for 48 hours and I want it on NOW!!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 53 of 264

CHARLENEBROWN11 wrote:

What is being done to restore my service? It's been down now for 48 hours and I want it on NOW!!

Hi, I moved your post to the Irma megathread. Reading from the first post may give you some answers.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 54 of 264

Power never went out in our area of Port Charlotte.

No Cable and no Internet.

There are no lines down.  Why is Comcast doing this to us?

Can not find any information.  The customer service page just keeps reloading.

This is redicculous!

I need my Internet for business.

Giving out free wifi to non-comcast customers yet they forget about those of us who pay!

My Centurylink phone is working fine.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 55 of 264

Hello Misiak4206, I show that all services have been restored in your area at this time. If you still have issues with getting connected please reach back out to me here or you can also click on this link for basic troubleshooting steps to get your equipment working. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 56 of 264

My power was restored this morning.  No tv or internet and I also cannot get internet when connected to the hotspot.  My complaint is the lack of information.  If you call, go to the website or on this forum , they all say to sign into Myaccount for information.  There is NO information.  After the horrible service after my move and now this outage, I have had service for less than two weeks in a  two month period. I did receive the bill for the full period though.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 57 of 264

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 58 of 264
Welcome to the Comcast World where if the wind rustles the leaves ... out goes Comcast. Fios is the way to go, at least they spent the money to bury the lines. Needless to say my service is out... But the good news is after Fios arrives on Saturday... never will I have to deal with that company anymore.
Posted by
Admin1

Message 59 of 264

Hi Labobo -- We are glad to hear you are safe and have been able to return to your home after this disaster. As expected, Hurricane Irma caused massive damage to our infrastructure in the Georgia area. We are still recovering from the damage that was caused and have been working around the clock to resolve any infrastructure issues. Please understand that due to the extent of the damage this will take time to make all necessary repairs to have your service working as intended.

We encourage you to visit My AccountXFINITY My Account App, or check the Status Center to receive updated information about service restoration in your area.

We too had local contact centers and service centers in your area affected by hurricane damage and infrastructure damage. Many of these centers have not returned to normal operations due this. Please understand that we have contact centers all over the country that were not affected by this hurricane and have working services. At this time we have to route calls to these unaffected centers in order to assist anyone who was in the hurricane area. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 60 of 264
As I explained in my last post I understand that there is an outage but its been almost a week. If Comcast would give me a timeframe of some kind maybe I would be a bit more understanding. So now I have to pay another company for internet service because I work from home.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 61 of 264

Hi vetdessin, I ran some test on your equipment and your areas lines and I show that we are doing some work in the area on a local node. This work is directly impacting your services at this time, we hope to have everything up and running within the next 72 hours. For updates on this issue please check your "My Account" app or you can go online and get updates on the work order there. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Highlighted
Posted by
New Poster

Message 62 of 264

I have had power for 2 days in my area.  Still no phone, cable, or internt.  Please advise.  Have an elderly mother who needs phone service when alone.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 63 of 264

Hi w1930, I show that we are still doing some work in your area to get your services back up and running. Please allow 72 hours for the issue to be resolved, if you would like to track the progress on your area work order please log in online or you can download the "My Account" app for updates. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 64 of 264
@ComcastShane While it's great that you are willing to take the time to look at our accounts and give us more information, it is a little unfortunate that the system has disabled the ability of infrequent posters to PM you.

Short version: Lost Comcast service Sunday about 11:30 and still nothing. We're next to several major arteries so we had power restored by Sunday night. Zip code 33144, any time frame?
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 65 of 264

As written in the thread regarding private messages the reason for limiting pm is due to the high volume of emails and the people who posts will have to wait even longer.

HalfEmpty wrote:
@ComcastShane While it's great that you are willing to take the time to look at our accounts and give us more information, it is a little unfortunate that the system has disabled the ability of infrequent posters to PM you.

Short version: Lost Comcast service Sunday about 11:30 and still nothing. We're next to several major arteries so we had power restored by Sunday night. Zip code 33144, any time frame?

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 66 of 264
What is the excuse for those customers that were out before the hurricane. I understand issues after the hurricane but not days leading up to. Comcast knew there was a problem and did nothing to fix it prior. Very poor service. No hotspots available during either.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 67 of 264

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 68 of 264
Even though power is on and no comcast wires are down there is no service - don't even see your service vehicles. But you won't credit out bill for the days of no service.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 69 of 264
Do you think you'll get credit for the days without service? Not unless you sit on the phone for 2 hours asking for the credit off your bill for not receiving service you pre-paid for.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 70 of 264
Still no internet
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 71 of 264

MadaboutService wrote:
Do you think you'll get credit for the days without service? Not unless you sit on the phone for 2 hours asking for the credit off your bill for not receiving service you pre-paid for.

Or request it here after all services have been restored.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 72 of 264

Hi tkmiller03, I show that services have been restored in your area. If you're still having issues with your services please reset your modem and cable boxes by unplugging them for 20-30 seconds and then reconnect them. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 73 of 264
I live in Miami Lakes. We got our electricity this morning. Still Looking cable or Internet service tonight
Posted by
New Poster

Message 74 of 264
Is there a service outage in the Fruitland Park, Florida area? If so what's the estimated time of repair.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 75 of 264
Can you please tell me when service will be restored in my area? I have a home based business and in desperate need to get back to work. Many in my area already have service. Help! I am in the 1900 block of 21st Ave in Vero Beach FL 32960
Posted by
New Poster

Message 76 of 264
I'm just trying to find out if we have any info on when cable/internet will be restored in Fort Myers, zip code 33966
Posted by
New Poster

Message 77 of 264
Are we being prorated for no TV access? How will that work and how do you monitor
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 78 of 264

Linda8020 wrote:
Are we being prorated for no TV access? How will that work and how do you monitor

Based on my experience with Hermine, you shouldn't have any issue getting prorated.  You'll need to keep track of it and call in when things get more normal;  it wasn't automatic.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 79 of 264

Can you add my cell phone number for text updates on outage restoration.  I'm in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

My cell ends in 5702 and I can give you the full number if you PM me.

Thanks

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Comcast Premier Triple Play (150 Mbps)
Xfinity Gateway and Xfinity and TiVo Boxes.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 80 of 264

I am able to reply because I have Internet through AT&T U-verse. I also have a landline. The landline went out for a couple days, probably Internet also; the power was out for about four days, restored yesterday morning, but still no Comcast. That is one reason I don't bundle--I also have yet a different carrier for wireless. While we are at it, are you aware that around February of this year, in this area anyway, earlier elsewhere, Comcast converted all 1080i Cable channels, which is most of them, to 720p, effectively reducing the resolution by about 45%? A lot of people may not notice, unless they can specifically test for it or noticed that their large TVs don't look as sharp, because they have the X1 boxes that don't allow the native resolution of the transmission to be passed through to the television, but automatically re-convert the 720p up to 1080p, rather than letting your TV do that (I have an older Motorola non-Internet box that allows the native signal to be passed through and identified by the television). Only a few networks, Fox and Disney/ABC/ESPN, have 720p natively; all the rest are 1080i. Comcast is doing this to save bandwidth and to make a uniform platform for mobile devices, but they are throwing their home television customers under the bus. Local broadcast stations are still transmitted in their native format, be that 720p or 1080i, and currently On Demand is still 1080, but sometimes so compressed that it pixelates, depending on the channel. So if you want to see most programs in their intended 1080 resolution, you have to wait and watch on the cumbersome On Demand. Customers were never informed of this change, I discovered it incidentally, but there are a lot of threads on it if you search for Comcast down-converts 1080 to 720.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 81 of 264

what's going on with hurricane restoration in Bonita Springs, FL?  My community has electricity but no Comcast services of any kind--

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 82 of 264
Posted by
New Poster

Message 83 of 264
I have no service since the hurricane when will be service be restore in the area
Posted by
Admin1

Message 84 of 264

Hi jwragg -- We are glad to hear you are safe and have been able to return to your home after this disaster. As expected, Hurricane Irma caused massive damage to our infrastructure in the Florida area. We are still recovering from the damage that was caused and have been working around the clock to resolve any infrastructure issues. Please understand that due to the extent of the damage this will take time to make all necessary repairs to have your service working as intended.

We encourage you to visit My AccountXFINITY My Account App, or check the Status Center to receive updated information about service restoration in your area. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 85 of 264
Good news. The power went out again for two minutes, and about 5 minutes after it came back my Comcast Internet came alive! I asume TV is back also, but I have to go to work and can't check right now.

Since this happened not long after I posted here, I'm giving credit to @ComcastShane for restoring service :-)

Hope this is a good sign for the rest of my fellow neighbors in the central part of Miami-Dade county.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 86 of 264

Outage,   Why cant there be an eta on when the internet will come back from Irma?  I have had power the whole time.  Will we be compensated for our lack of internet.  I realize that there was a hurricane but sometimes your quick to disconnect when your customers are having a problems.  Also do you hire americans for customer service?  I have had a heck of a time understanding the people who answer.

thanks

Posted by
Admin1

Message 87 of 264

Hi stpetekathy -- We are glad to hear you are safe and have been able to return to your home after this disaster. As expected, Hurricane Irma caused massive damage to our infrastructure in the Georgia area. We are still recovering from the damage that was caused and have been working around the clock to resolve any infrastructure issues. Please understand that due to the extent of the damage this will take time to make all necessary repairs to have your service working as intended.

We encourage you to visit My AccountXFINITY My Account App, or check the Status Center to receive updated information about service restoration in your area. We are offering compensation for downed services. We will be looking at each account on an individual basis and be making adjustments for total down time. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 88 of 264
When I got back home on Tuesday, there was and outage reported in my area, however yesterday afternoon my internet was restored but it's been down today. Online it says it's due to an outage but it had already been restored. I also can't connect on the xfinitywifi app because I'm not on the right tier.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 89 of 264

Our TV and internet service is out due to Hurricane Irma and I don't know when the power will be turned back on.  Do I cancel our service?  Can't reach anyone by phone.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 90 of 264

@KFontecilla - Our system reflects that the area wide issue has since been resolved. Are you still experiencing any interruption of service or are you back up and running at this time?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 91 of 264

Why can xfinity not tell us when service will resume. The outage link is useless, I already know its out. I see allot of xfinity trucks in the neighborhood, mostly two or three parked in empty lots not working. Where is the commitment Comcast?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 92 of 264
My service has been down since 09-09-2017. I sent Shane my account info hoping for a update. Thank you in advance
Posted by
New Poster

Message 93 of 264

When will the service in my area be repaired?

Posted by
Admin1

Message 94 of 264

Hi Dwntnftl -- We are glad to hear you are safe and have been able to return to your home after this disaster. As expected, Hurricane Irma caused massive damage to our infrastructure in the Florida area. We are still recovering from the damage that was caused and have been working around the clock to resolve any infrastructure issues. Please understand that due to the extent of the damage this will take time to make all necessary repairs to have your service working as intended. You may experience in-and-out service during this time. 

I confirmed there is a current interruption in your area. We encourage you to visit My AccountXFINITY My Account App, or check the Status Center to receive updated information about service restoration in your area. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Admin1

Message 95 of 264

Hi isabelreid -- We are glad to hear you are safe and have been able to return to your home. You will not need to cancel your service at this time. We are working as quickly and safely as possible to have your service restored though we do have to wait for the local power company to restore power to your neighborhood and for local authorities to allow our teams into the area. We will be providing service adjustments for total down time while your service is active. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 96 of 264

We hope you and your loved ones are safe.

If you have power, but your service is out, we are aware of the problem and working to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 97 of 264

The xfinity website shows that my service for TV and internet is connected, but it shows my modem as "failed". Before the storm all of my equipment was in working order and I don't suspect that there are any hardware issues as my equipment still appears to be functionally normally absent the actual connectivity. Any idea why my account is showing service connected but my modem isn't connecting?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 98 of 264

I like to knpw when is service for my TV is expected back

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 99 of 264

Hi Kenny768. 

We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Please note:

• If you are experiencing a loss of XFINITY services due to severe weather conditions, please be aware that this could be the result of a local public power interruption and/or damage to our network that serves your neighborhood. We will work as quickly and safely as possible to restore your service, but please be aware that we typically must wait for local power companies to first restore power to your neighborhood and allow our teams into the area to repair our network. It is possible that power could be restored to your home but the XFINITY network serving your neighborhood is still affected, preventing XFINITY services from working. Local public power must also be restored at your home before XFINITY services can work properly.

You can keep an eye on your service interruption status here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/status/

Please let us know if there is anything further we can do for you. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 100 of 264
I have had electricity and no xfinity services since Sunday. I have not seen any workers in my area either. What is going on. I can not get on xfinity wifi out in the community either. All hotspots are down. No one on the phone can help or even knows about the hurricane. Which I think is very bad. Will we be able to get it back. Should we switch. I even got a notice that it was fixed 3 days ago. It was a lie. Very unhappy and unsatisfed.