members

online now

discussions

"My service isn't working" (Hurricane Irma) Megathread

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Cable Expert

"My service isn't working" (Hurricane Irma) Megathread

*** This is the Hurricane Irma megathread. Please post your questions about Irma recovery here. ***

If you have been impacted by Hurricane Irma and would like to request suspension of service or a credit, report a down line, need equipment replaced, or have any other questions, please complete this form

* Visit the status center for service updates.

* To get updates for active service events in your area and information about your Comcast service visit www.xfinity.com/MyAccount 

Comcast Business customers can visit business.comcast.com/myaccount

* Use the XFINITY My Account app on your mobile device. Within My Account, you can opt-in for a free one-time text alert to receive a text message once service in your area has been restored.

Download the XFINITY My Account app for Apple devices from iTunes
Download the XFINITY My Account app for Android devices from Google Play

* If you are experiencing a loss of service due to a power outage, please be aware that local power must first be restored to your home before your TV, Internet and Voice services can begin working again.  Even though you may have power in your home, in order for Comcast services to function properly, commercial power must be restored to the XFINITY network that serves your area.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Accepted Solution

Re: hurricane irma

ProClicker wrote:
They should automatically credit everyone that was affected the month of September. Doesn't seem right that a lot of people that were affected will be paying their full bill. When they have been without service for over a week.

****Validated solution current through 9/2017- Community Team****

If you have been impacted by Hurricane Irma and would like to request suspension of service or a credit, report a down line, need equipment replaced, or have any other questions, please complete this form

View answer in context
New Poster

Internet Service After Irma

I had internet service throughout my home during the storm and now that it has passed my service is down. How do I confirm that the outage is due to an xfinity network issue (due to the storm) or an issue with my account and/or equipment?
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Internet Service After Irma

New Poster

Outage

Estimated time for service restored?

New Poster

Irma Outage

almost 24 hours with no internet, tv, or phone service.  what is the ETA on restoring service to the Jupiter, FL area?  Is Comcast providing customers with credits for the time(s) that service is unavailable?

Problem Solver

Re: Irma Outage

There was a MAJOR weather event that is just winding down.  There is a process and it is driven by local agencies.  There will probably credits granted but right now patience is key.

Regular Visitor

Loss of tv and internet service

Living through the aftermath of hurricane Irma. We have power. We have no Comcast tv and internet service. May I ask someone to provide myself and all of your customers information on what "specifically" caused this outage and a time estimate of repair? I received numerous notifications prior to the storm arrival about how graciously Comcast was making available to all access to public wifi but have received not one notification concerning details of the outage or estimated time of restoration. I also was told by Comcast chat that service was going to be restored Sunday at 4:42 pm. 

Seems like bs. Not one notification why, estimated time of repair..why is Comcast so secretive about this. Hey Comcast, our life is connected to your tech, it must be robust, reliable. We live in hurricane alley, we will have future disasters, this can't be an excuse

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Outage

BrianA2 wrote:

Estimated time for service restored?

It's probably going to be a while.  As you know, this was a major storm.  And restoration of cable services comes behind the major utilities  It'll happen, but for the time being, patience is a virtue.

Regular Visitor

No phone, wi fi, internet-Florida

No phone, no service
Regular Contributor

No Internet or Cable service

No Internet or Cable in 32448 for 24 hours.

Just wondering when it might be restored?

Thanks

New Poster

Internet

My internet dosnt work for two days
Official Employee

Re: No Internet or Cable service

If you are experiencing a loss of XFINITY services due to severe weather conditions, please be aware that this could be the result of a local public power interruption and/or damage to our network that serves your neighborhood. We will work as quickly and safely as possible to restore your service, but please be aware that we typically must wait for local power companies to first restore power to your neighborhood and allow our teams into the area to repair our network. It is possible that power could be restored to your home but the XFINITY network serving your neighborhood is still affected, preventing XFINITY services from working. Local public power must also be restored at your home before XFINITY services can work properly.

The most effective way for you to get updates for active service events in your area and information about your Comcast service is to visit www.xfinity.com/MyAccount or use the XFINITY My Account app on your secure, Internet-enabled mobile device. Within My Account, you can opt-in for a free one-time text alert to receive a text message once service in your area has been restored.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Official Employee

Re: Internet

If you are experiencing a loss of XFINITY services due to severe weather conditions, please be aware that this could be the result of a local public power interruption and/or damage to our network that serves your neighborhood. We will work as quickly and safely as possible to restore your service, but please be aware that we typically must wait for local power companies to first restore power to your neighborhood and allow our teams into the area to repair our network. It is possible that power could be restored to your home but the XFINITY network serving your neighborhood is still affected, preventing XFINITY services from working. Local public power must also be restored at your home before XFINITY services can work properly.

The most effective way for you to get updates for active service events in your area and information about your Comcast service is to visit www.xfinity.com/MyAccount or use the XFINITY My Account app on your secure, Internet-enabled mobile device. Within My Account, you can opt-in for a free one-time text alert to receive a text message once service in your area has been restored.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Why my service is not repaired yet all my neighbors already have their connections-Florida

It's taking to long to get my servicess my neighbors who have direct tv and attt already had their service since yesterday am please repair as soon as possible.
New Poster

North port cable still out

When will north port have service again.
New Poster

Estimated repair time?

We are without internet, TV and service since the power outage and storm yesterday. Power was restored late last night and I was told via xfinity chat that our internet would be restored by this morning, but it is not. Can anyone advise a new (and preferably more accurate) estimated time of repair? Both my son and I do school online, I need to notify our teachers when we will be able to return to our school work.
New Poster

Re: Loss of tv and internet service

I was told via xfinity chat last night that it would be restored around 4am this morning, but that didn't happen. We are still without all services.
New Poster

Re: "My service isn't working" (Hurricane Irma) Megathread

Have just spoken to Comcast regarding lost of all services, they have told me it will take until September 18th to restore service!!! What are we meant to do until then, we never lost fpl during Irma, why should it take so long. I'm considering cancelling my services, this is unacceptable
New Poster

Internet, Phone Line and TV not Working! Estimated time till 9/18 Unacceptable!

I have been without Internet services since Sunday 9/10, nor have I lost power once during the whole Irma impact.

I got 4 different estimated times for the service to be back up, 9/10 11:54am, 9/10 1:54pm, 9/10 11:34pm and 9/10 "late this evening".

Still no internet, what is going on with the service, what are you guys doing regarding this, what happened that shutted down the service while it was perfect during the Irma?

I will say this again, I did not loose power, so me waiting for the power company to restored power or anything like that does not apply.

I have 3 Restaurants in the area and I need my phone, internet and tv for deliveries, I am loosing money as we speak, it is unacceptable to have the service back 9/18.

Can I get an answer on what actions are you guys taking? what happened and when will the service be restored?

Thank you.

Contributor

Re: Internet, Phone Line and TV not Working! Estimated time till 9/18 Unacceptable!

With all due respect, why can't Comcast keep the public informed on how many customers in each county are without service and you're progress in restoring service? You're the largest broadband provider in the country and for many businesses our sole phone company too. I noticed the same lack of updates 12 years ago during Wilma's aftermath and thought things would have changed with the growth of your company during that time. I guess not. To be clear, outages are expected and understood after a major storm. It's the lack of communication I and am sure many other customers have a problem with. For those of us with businesses we especially need these updates. Please setup a website to keep the public informed of the recovery efforts. Thank you for any employee who reads this and cares to forward it up the chain of command.
New Poster

outage

Hello

do you have a idea of when the internet ant tv will be back at my house Ft lauderdale
thanks
New Poster

ETA to restore service?

What is the ETA to restore service for Palm beach gardens Florida 33410 Evergrene community? We had it for a couple of hours last night, now it is gone again Smiley Sad

New Poster

Outage

who else has an outage in Burke County?

Who else regrets getting a bundle package? Now that it has been out for about 28 or 29 hours, with no phone,no internet,no cable?

Who else hates not being able to speak to a real person that is local and can tell you when you will ever have service again?

New Poster

No service because of Irma

I've had mandatory evacuation and before that no service. Am I still being charged 

New Poster

Irma

My Experience with Xphinity, during IRMA-  

Every time the wind blew in the beginnning,

1/  I would have to reset the Box and The Modem.

2/  Then about 30 minutes into the Tropical storm part,  the internet went out.  NO TV-  NO Service @ All.

3/   Came back on around midnight for approx 30 minutes, We then had TV service and could see the Hurricane Coming towards Naples.  ( Im in West Plam Beach)

4/  Then the Internet went out- NO TV- NO Calls OUT or In.  Noda.  Nothing.

5/  The PROVIDERS should be regulated to "Provide a Built in device, that Allows you the consumer, to whatch Didgital TV" with there equipment in the case of Lose of internet Service.   This to me would be sinceble And do-able.  " Bose" has a antena built right into thier Electric Line.

6/  I dont expect Miricles, As if the power went off.  BUT-   The Provider should really consider US sitting Waiting, With NO TV vs Having TV service.  Just to see were the storm is.

7/  The Contact for xphinity refers you to the WEB.  How STUPID IS THAT.   If you dont have internet,  HOW CAN YOU GO TO THE WEB.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Irma

DD78 wrote:

7/  The Contact for xphinity refers you to the WEB.  How STUPID IS THAT.   If you dont have internet,  HOW CAN YOU GO TO THE WEB.

Yeah, I find that really curious, as well.    We had TV, though.  DirectTV, it never so much as flickered.  Comcast internet,though, was dead until power was restored some twelve hours later.

Most Valued Poster

Outage/disconnected/faulty user equipment claim?

First I need to know it there is an outage in my area, as I've been without service for about 8hrs now. There used to be a place on the account page to check that, but when searching for it all could find was...

"Check for Reported Outages
Before you try any fixes, check if a service outage has been reported in your area by signing in to My Account"

...dosesn't really tell how to get to it after I get to "My account", but I do recall having no trouble getting to it in the past, so,something has changed or it's been removed . Can you direct me on how to check that for myself, please? Also, aside from signing up for the outage check one can do by entering their mobile numbers, is there any other place/way to check for outages in our area?

And if there are any users out there that can get to that option, please tell me how you get there so I can know if it's just missing for me.

Now it does say "Something has gone wrong" with my wireless gateway but I should be able to check outages first to be sure that isn't what's gone wrong with the gateway...as in, no connection.

Jumping straight to what concerns me... judging from past experiences with Comcast claiming a problem with my equipment, and they have done that several times, odds are its not my equipment at all but something a bit more sinister. It's simply never been an equipment problem, not even once, and the usual tests just result in wasted time, but I have reset the modem. I hope to avoid getting into much details on that by finding out if there is an outage, at which point...no problem, or if there is going to be a false claim if bad equipment, hopefully someone can just tell them to turn my service back on, and be done with it.

I'd rather not go out and check service at the end of Comcasts line and where mine begins, but if we must go that route....Also, I guess it's clear why I don't call Comcast, besides I always end up here anyway, so....

Thanks for your help on the matter.

Service Expert

Re: outage

vetdessin wrote:

Hello

do you have a idea of when the internet ant tv will be back at my house 5841 ne 14 road in ft lauderdale

thanks

Hi, I moved your post to this megathread. Please check for Official Employee posts at top of thread.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: TV no cable connection.

Official Employee
Moved:

Most Valued Poster

Re: Outage/disconnected/faulty user equipment claim?

It's now clearly reporting an outage, I'll see how it goes, but should be ok soon enough.

I'm in fl, so...Had no trouble throughout the storm but who knows what they have to do to get others back online.

New Poster

I can't seem to find the option to get the text alert when the service is restored...I've checked the app and website. Anyone have any idea?
Official Employee

Re: Irma Outage

Hello Ejones141, If you would like, I can add your cell number for text alerts to receive further updates on this situation.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

God I'm so sick of . . . ... Comcast!!!
They just lie to you say its restored yet its not. So sick of it! I got the same message today and it wasn't. I heard from couple or wouldn't be restored till Monday.. 3:30 stupid I have an aunt that lives a block away from me and she has comcast and has internet and yet we don't. Really wish I can change to a better ISP but really there is no other options!
New Poster

Re: Loss of tv and internet service

I SO AGREE!! IM IN JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA AND HAVE NO SERVICE AT ALL! CANT CALL COMCAST EITHER! IT COST TOO MUCH 4 SUCH POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!! CAN I ASK WHERE UR LOCATED? ARE U IN THE JVILLE AREA ALSO?
New Poster

Free tv

You can get free tv by connecting an antenna to the back of your tv and then scan the channel s in the settings. Chose OTA or Air for the source
New Poster

Restoring Service after Hurricane Irma

Though I never lost power, I lost my Xfinity service (phone, cable, internet), at 11:00 on 9/11/17. As of 9:15 on 9/13/17, my Xfinity service has yet to be restored. Customers should receive more detailed updates regarding restoration of service, and our bills should be adjusted. Plenty of neighbors and businesses around me that are with other cable/internet providers have already had their services restored. Please provide a detailed update. Thank you.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Restoring Service after Hurricane Irma

I couldn't agree more.
Just telling us there is an outage in our area is pretty poor communication, if you ask me. Surely someone has some idea as to a timeline for service being restored. I realize there may be significant damage to infrastructure and so forth, but at least tell us that.

Thank goodness my AT&T cell service is going strong and I can at least access the Internet and watch TV by streaming. 

New Poster

no service after Irma

PSL - anyone else without service?  Both tv and internet

New Poster

Re: no service after Irma

Same here. It was supposed to be on last night. Now they're saying tomorrow at 5pm. Horrible customer service!
New Poster

OUTAGE AREAS

IS THERE SERVICE IN BOYNTON BEACH AT LEISUREVILLE. IF NOT, WHEN WILL IT BE UP?

Bronze Problem Solver

It's going to depend on where you are, but it's probably going to be a while.  Some areas, such as Munroe County, have been declared "uninhabitable"!  Count on a long time with that level of damage.  In North Florida, however, it was only out a little over 12 hours.  (Our satellite TV never went out, so it was probably related to the power outages.  We have a very brittle power grid!)

New Poster

Outage Tamarac Fl 33319

My internet has been down since Friday. I work from home and need access to my customers. Currently i'm using a Verizon hot spot for access. I can understand there are outages but Comcast provides 0 communication about their network. Who has the time to wait on hold for support. Just an idea why not inform us through your app with an eta instead of giving us a generic message. Why am I paying for a 150meg line if I can't use it.

Think I may switch to AT&T...
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Outage Tamarac Fl 33319

michaelyak wrote:
My internet has been down since Friday. I work from home and need access to my customers. Currently i'm using a Verizon hot spot for access. I can understand there are outages but Comcast provides 0 communication about their network. Who has the time to wait on hold for support. Just an idea why not inform us through your app with an eta instead of giving us a generic message. Why am I paying for a 150meg line if I can't use it.

Think I may switch tk AT&T....

You may have noticed it was a little windy and rainy down there.  Smiley Happy  It's probably going to be a while.  As you know, this was a major storm, and services of all kinds are out across most of this state and others.  And restoration of cable services comes behind the major utilities  It'll happen, but for the time being, patience is a virtue.

New Poster

Restoration of Service

What is the status of service restoration for Anastasia Island after Irma? 

Admin1

Hi susanseal & Renardv -- We are glad to hear you are safe and have been able to return to your homes after this disaster. As expected, Hurricane Irma caused massive damage to our infrastructure in the Florida and Georgia areas. We are still recovering from the damage that was caused and have been working around the clock to resolve any infrastructure issues. Please understand that due to the extent of the damage this will take time to make all necessary repairs to have your service working as intended.

We encourage you to visit My AccountXFINITY My Account App, or check the Status Center to receive updated information about service restoration in your area.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Restoration of Service

Dovergroup wrote:

What is the status of service restoration for Anastasia Island after Irma? 

It's probably going to be a while.  As you know, this was a major storm, and services of all kinds are out across most of this state and others.  And restoration of cable services comes behind the major utilities  It'll happen, but for the time being, patience is a virtue.

New Poster

People can't CLICK on links if they have no internet and no data services on their cell phones  ! ! !

New Poster

Yes, it's great that you guys offered free access to Hotspots around town but what good does a Hot Spot do if there's no electric at that location in order to provide the Hot Spot service. Second, what good does a Hot Spot do if there's not one in range of a person's home? I can't just get up in the middle of a hurricane and walk or drive to the nearest Hot Spot. Third, what good is providing links for a person to click on to check the status of a hurricane, when they don't have internet in the first place. Fourth, what good is providing apps for a person's cell phone, when they either don't have (Xfinity) wifi or, they don't have data service because the cell phone towers have issues? Plus, they can't be downloaded if the data service is not working.

I'm in Boynton Beach and had gone through Irma. My Xfinity service, cable tv and internet went out Sunday at 11:30 am, way well before the storm's worst point. We've had summer rainstorms here that were worse than what was coming through my area at this time. So now I had no idea what was going on with the storm. Since I couldn't watch Channel 5 news on TV or watch it on the internet (streaming), I then resorted to using my cell phone for streaming the news by using the Data on my cell phone. Half hour later, that went out and now I had to resort to a battery operated radio, which is not the same. This is very frustrating and scary not knowing what is going on.

Yes, I am very thankful I had electric and A/C the entire storm, but if i had a choice, I think i would rather know what is going on with the storm for safety reasons.

Because the power went out, Xfiniity/Comcast services went out for many customers here. Don't you guys have generators at your service locations, like Publix and many gas stations? Wouldn't that make sense in order to keep the services working?

In the meantime, after the storm, I talked to four of my neighbors that had AT&T Uverse. ALL FOUR OF THEM HAD TV AND INTERNET THE ENTIRE TIME! Everyone else, ah, had Xfinity/Comcast....they basically had "NOTHING"! Hmmm, I think it's time to make a switch…

New Poster

I would not be so angry at Comcast if my service went down because of the storm. I would be upset but not angry;however, my service has been down prior to Irma. Comcast is not doing enough in south Florida. Why was my service down prior to the hurricane. I have now been without for over a week.