Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

modem

New Poster

modem

Could someone please advice or help me with getting a new modem.My modem has been shutting down since around Valentine's day it's to the point of happening every other hour.I've called xfinity tech's etc.They've troubleshoot,change password's,tested connections etc numerous time's the problem still exist.I've been a xfinity customer long enough to know the modem's bad.It's frustrating and aggravating for my children and I.Teenagers don't take very well to there internet constantly shutting down on them as I don't take well to dealing with angry teen's when is come's to there internet.I'd greatully appreciate any help with getting a working modem.Thank you have a good night.

Cable Expert

Re: modem

It's more likely signal issues rather than a bad modem. If you would like to do some troubleshooting on your own: 

See the troubleshooting guide. If you would like advice, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Tip: If you need service, sign up for the Service Protection Plan (SPP). It's around $6 a month and you must keep it for at least 60 days after your service call. If you have SPP, you won't incur a service charge. You can sign up when you schedule an appointment.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Several comcast employee's have tried helping it countinues to shut down.Every 2 hour's the modem power's down.When I go online to my account I go to overview,device's etc it show's blinking dot's like it's loading say's testing connection.The picture of my modem has a big blue dot on it say's I need to restart gateway for connection issues.This modem has been rebooted,troubleshoot,tested etc several time's by a comcast tech .Two hour's on the phone Satuday then about a hour Tuesday with a tech.It wasn't even a half hour after I hung up the phone the modem powered down.It just started out of nowhere shutting down about 2 months ago

Official Employee

Hi shoey19, thank you for reaching out and I will assist going over signals on my side and help troubleshoot further.  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation