Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

miscommunication and additional charges

New Poster

miscommunication and additional charges

Hi 

I have recently shifted to chicago &took a new internet connection on 5th feb . I have been provided Blast internet ( 100MBPS)plan with promotional price of 49.99$ which can be redcued to 44.99$ on activation of ebill and auto payment. I immediately added auto payment & ebill option however i am still being charged as 49.99$ for first month.

Addtionally on march3rd, sales representative called me up & told if i choose addtional service of Cable TV promotional, i can get the same with addtion of 10$ changes ( new charges would be 54.99$) which will provide me cable TV modem box & local TV channels as well as HBO. This will provide self installation TV modem box. Also not to mention, if i am not happy, i can cancel the same within 30 days without addtional charges.

I did received cable TV modem self installation kit which when i checked cannot be used as i dont have outlet near to my TV in apartment. So i called up customer service 7th march and asked about help. They told me this can be checked with addtional fees of 75$ or so as it required customer care represntative at home. I did not accpeted the same and told customer care please cancel cable TV service and revert me back to internet service ( blast) which was started initally @same rates. Customer care told me they cannot do this and i need to contact solution department. 

I called up solution team on 3/12 and requested for same. I got surprise when they said if i cancel cable TV services ( charges $54.99) then i cannot go back to my original internet plan ( charges $44.99 for 100 mbps) and this will charge me $79.99. 

I explained why that is so as i have 30 days gurantee if i dont want to avail new service, i should be able to cancel it however they refused and they are not able to put me back on my original plan. Another surprise to me was, once you choose another promotional which was cable TV in this case, my previous internet only plan gone to normal price. I am really not sure why this was not communicated to me & why this cannot be done. i definately see this is not good customer service as there was huge communication Gap on Comcast side and now they are forcing me to either pay 79.99$ or use cable TV service without cable TV ( as i cannot use modem with my TV) with charges of $54.99. In both cases i am getting forced to pay addtional charges without my fault. I need someone to look in to this and help me out.

Cable Expert

Re: miscommunication and additional charges

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi, sankumar - I can assist you with your billing concern. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me. Thank you!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

@sankumar - Thank you for sending your information. I submitted a ticket to Billing Escalation team explaining the situation and asking to apply the previous Blast package back. I will follow up on Sunday to provide the ticket status. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation