Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

<edited>

Regular Visitor

<edited>

Since I moved to the Philadelphia region in 1992 I have been a loyal Comcast customer; I had their Comcast Internet service since the @home days. I am now seriously considering a change to Verizon because of the poor customer service I have received.

About 6 weeks ago I decided to change my phone service (formerly with Verizon) to Comcast and enroll in a triple play plan. My television and internet were already with Comcast. After about 6 sessions on the phone with customer support, 2 trips to the Xfinity store, and an exchange of emails with the email address of Tom <edited for violating froum guidelines>, Executive Vice President of Customer Experience at Comcast (whose account I have concluded is managed by a Bot), I have almost given up.

The current problem is that I was assigned a temporary new landline number while my old landline number was ported over from Verizon. This has not happened and my landline number is still the new one. I have had my old landline for over 20 years and want to keep it. I was assured with absolute certainty by one of the reps (Nicole) that I would be able to keep my old number at the conclusion of this process and that Comcast would handle the transfer. On Monday, July 2 I spoke with a customer service representative named Precious who told me she would look into it and call me (on my mobile number) at an arranged time on July 3. No call back was received. Today I spoke with Lex, ID#4950173, who told me that her supervisor, Sheen, would call me back within an hour. Of course, there has been no call back. I am looking for suggestions for next action steps or any ideas of how to proceed. Thank you.

Valued Contributor

<edited>

When you are porting numbers, there are often bumps in the road. First, you need to put in the port request which should have been done when you ordered your service, unless there was a pic freeze on your verizon #. If there was a freeze you would have to speak with verizon, have it removed, and put in another request through comcast. It typically takes 3-5 days for the request to finish. You would have needed to keep the verizon phone service active until the number was succesffully ported over. If it was disconnected beforehand, it would cause problems.
It sounds like you may have disconnected verizon before the number was ever finished porting (if the request was even put in) If so, I don;t know if you can still get the #, and the rep will likely not call back if that is the case.

Official Employee

Re: <edited>

I'll escalate it up to a colleague to take a look. But if your Verizon number is in a different rate center than your port will never go through.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for looking into it. If I can’t get the number back why then was I told differently? Losing that number would be a very large inconvenience for me and my family. I certainly appreciate the help and your offer to escalate my issue, though.

Regular Visitor

Thank you for your comments. I had never switched phone providers before and did whatever the Comcast representatives asked me to do (believing that they knew how to do this).

Highlighted
Official Employee

bdhfreddy, let's make sure the numbers are from the same rate center. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then click private message me.

Regular Visitor

Hey ComcastKenF - are you still around or perhaps are you on vacation this week? I sent you the information you requested (twice) via private message but I haven't heard from you. Did you receive either of my 2 messages? Thanks.