Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

help me become a customer

New Poster

help me become a customer

I called Comcast on December 12, 2017 to set up service as a brand new customer.  I had informed the representative that we were a newly constructed house and currently have Centurylink and DirectTV.  They sent a Installer that could not do anything inside because we had no underground lines. This is the first of four occasions that either my husband or myself took off work to be home.  The installer made contact with his dispatcher  to let them know that he could not complete his task.  I called again to discuss this matter with at least 3 different representatives.  On January 24th(over a month later) They sent another installer out to the house, with the hopes that construction/maintenance from Comcast would have come somewhere before the installer. They did not. Time number 2 off work to meet an installer that could do nothing.  Apparently in the days before the installer came, the construction team that was to drop the line got laid off and was never dispatched.  I got a notification and a call saying that an installer was coming to my house between certain hours. I called 4 times that day to find out who and why someone was coming because we still had no DROP yet. Nobody Came that day. On Feb 14th  I called three times because I got another notice that Comcast installer and construction team was coming on the 21st of Feb.  My husband took off this time and an installer cam again and did nothing because the drop team had not come yet.  They construction team came and dropped a line to a pole that did not have service.  They pole is two poles down the street and the line should have been dropped under my driveway and across my yard.  It was not. I had made several calls about all of this and was assured that that pole was fine and just needed a tech to connect it.  I told the rep that she didn't know the situation and she was wrong. I got a call from a supervisor named Michael that reassured me it was also fine. On Feb 27th they sent yet another installer that came out and could not complete the task again. This was the 4th time we had taken off work.  We still have nothing and every time I call nobody seems to be able to help me. Please help me figure out how I can resolve this problem. I have two teenagers that need internet for homework. This is unacceptable and I don't have any other option but comcast. Believe me if I did I would do it.
Cable Expert

Re: help me become a customer

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Admin1

Re: help me become a customer

Hi Leedawg -- I can help with this installation issue. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will work with local tech ops and construction on getting service connected at your address.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation