New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

credit fior outage

ANSWERED
New Poster

credit fior outage

credit for outage.  Power was out in area July 7th to 11th.  Comcast hooked up generator to its lines 2 blocks away.  We had a generator for our house as well.  Comcast continually went in and out, sometimes our for several hours.  Later we found out from the person where Comcast's generator was located that the generator (and Comcast services) would go off line or that Comcast's generator would run out of gas.  All power back at 1:00 pm July 11th.  Great - until I got home from work and all Comcast services not working (all electricity in area was now working).  Had to call comcast with cell phone.  Girl from Comcast checked and said there was a Comcast outage in the area and it would not be fixed until next morning.

Called today about a credit for our outages.  First problem = I opted for a call back set for 2:19 pm today (July 17).  NO call back from Comcast ever came so after 30 minutes I called Comcast again at 2:49 pm.  Talked to a Jessica.  She said that there was no place on her "form" or "computer" for giving me a credit.  It was an electrical outage and problem.  But we had electricity because of our generator.  It was Comcast's generator 2 blocks away that caused the problems.  And then after all electrical power in the area was restored, we still had no Comcast services in the area due to a COMCAST outage, as I was told by a Comcast agent.  Why shouldn't we get any credit at all?  Because Jessica doesn't have a place to submit for a credit?  Maybe it's time to change back to ATT U-verse again.  We changed to Comcast because of a special you offerer us but we didn't realize that special price came with lack of service from Comcast.

Accepted Solution

Re: credit fior outage

Hi, jakroon. Sorry about the service interruption. I went ahead and applied a $30.00 credit to your account for the time you were without service. You'll see this credit reflected on your next billing statement. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

View answer in context
Cable Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi, jakroon. Sorry about the service interruption. I went ahead and applied a $30.00 credit to your account for the time you were without service. You'll see this credit reflected on your next billing statement. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon