Posted by
Edited on :
‎03-20-2017 11:43 AM

Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3 (100 Views)

call from comcast Free X1? Paid $316?

[ Edited ]

A public Forum this is your Improvement for personalized customer service? what a joke!

I got a call from a comcast rep. tating for being a loyal customer he was going to send he system and I would get free X1 service for 1 year, "oh" he said "I'm sorry," it will be an additional $5", the deception begins, then I told him that I been down this road before with comcast and have also heard testimonies from friends and neighbors about how they have been extremely overcharged rom comcast. Comcast knows they got us by <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Language">, because you, Comcast("Xfinity") have a performance monopoly on internet and cable TV services in the Florida Keys, well Intelligent individuals will get together, all they need is a person with the capabilities to set up an independent community system just need the money to buy the equipment. It was done at the Ocean Reef Club. Thats besides the POINT! What did I get for $316, I'll tell you! About 7hrs of being able to watch Netflix in full Dolby Prologic Surround Sound from my Samsung StartTv that I waited 2 years to afford. Then once I paid the $118 portion of the $316 I brought the X1 system back to the Key Largo Comcast Service Center, and kept my existing Cisco all in one Xfinity modem and changed my service, downgraded, to basic speed and it stinks, as I write this I've waited and still am to connect to a lice chat with customer sevice. That is a real improcent, you lay your cables on the ground the workmanship stinks. This is my tim I am consuming to write this and to wait to connect with a cust serv chat. What are you going to do about a refund for services paid for but not rendered? 

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 3 (57 Views)

Re: call from comcast Free X1? Paid $316?

There has to be more to this than meets the eye.  The upgrade is free except that $5 charge.  Your post is hard to follow. Are you saying that your bill is unaffordable?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 3 (56 Views)

Re: call from comcast Free X1? Paid $316?

I have had Comcast for a long time now. I have been overcharged in the past, but they have made it right with me. Now I get a message on my TV stating I can upgrade my second box at no additional charge. I clicked on it. Got the box a couple days later, swapped them out, and ran the old one over to my local office. Next month I get a bill for an additional $40. I called right away, and the nice gal on the other end stated that there was an extra box on my account, the one I had returned. It however was not letting her remove it. She told me to just go ahead and pay my normal amount, I double checked with her to make sure, yes the normal amount. She explained that the double box was causing me to not get my normal adjustments to my contract. Great I thought, she was passing it on to her supervisor to get the extra boxed removed and all would be taken care of. Get this months bill, and same thing. Plus I am now getting a late fee, for the amount that was never paid (that I was told not to pay). Called again, and was told my initial contract promotion had ended? (I have had the same deal for 10 years now, never has this happened before, just kept agreeing to renew it every 2 years). Now all of the sudden the contract has changed and my rate is going up? My 2 year contract is up in Oct., so how is this rate just now kicking in if its a 1 year promotional rate on a 2 year contract? All of my previous 2 year contracts had the same rate the whole time? They really seem to try to be losing as many customers as they can.