members

online now

discussions

cable to out building

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

cable to out building

I have an outbuilding about 110 feet from my home and I would like to get cable service to that location. It's too remote for my router signal to reach so I'm wondering if I could get by with a more powerful router or if I should trench cable to the building.

I've tried the 800 Comcast numbers and have been shutled back and forth among different automated answering messages and have not been able to actually speak to someone. I'm not interested in paying a repair tech to visit me as I'm not confident that the tech will have the answers I am looking for. If this effort fails, I think I will approach Hughs net as they are at least willing to talk to me.

Accepted Solution

Re: cable to out building

Hi Wavetrader -- We would be able to provide service to that outbuilding if it has it's own address. We wouldn't be able to extend service directly from your home to that building. 

View answer in context
Contributor

First of all, it depends on if your talking tv or internet or both, I do believe that a double cabled settup using  1 or 2  routers hardwied from your cable box, its possible to stream tv through a computer at end, make sure you have latest Flash upgrade on your comp. 

Admin1

Hi Wavetrader -- We would be able to provide service to that outbuilding if it has it's own address. We wouldn't be able to extend service directly from your home to that building. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon