New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

bad internet connection

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 6

I have been having issues with intermittent connection and incredibly slow speed since the end of February, 2017. Several calls have been made to customer service, and we have changed modems three times per their recommendation with no positive results. I disconnected the outside line and noticed it was extremely corroded and had water inbetween the wire and the insulation, which I am sure is resulting in signal loss and the conductor grounding to the shielding. Have mentioned this to customer service every time that I have called and still they just want to swap out modems. I am literally getting 0.4 mbps download speeds when it is working at all. At this point I think i have two options 1: climb the pole and replace the drop line myself, or 2: switch to u-verse. Can anybody point me in the right direction of what magic words I need to tell the customer service people to actually get this issue fixed? I am a college student with online homework to do and this is affecting my grades.

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 6

Oh yeah, water in the line will kill your connection. You need a tech to replace that line.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread in 12-48 hours.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 3 of 6

Well, thanks for your attempt, Nerdburg, but it's been over 48 hours and I'm not seeing any reply from a comcast rep. They clearly do not want to fix this issue or keep me as a customer it seems.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 4 of 6

Hi rickyc, I apologize for your experiences with your internet connection. If you are seeing corrosion on your coax cable it is time to get a tech out to replace it for you,  I will send you a private message to get one scheduled.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 5 of 6
Solution

Too late, just signed up with u-verse, you best believe I will be following up with the BBB and FCC over comcast/xfinity's refusal to solve my issue in a timely manner and deliver the speeds stated in their contract. Again, been dealing with this since the end of February. I can't believe that comcast/xfinity would invest so much in rebranding and shiny new storefronts without addressing the root causes of their horrible customer service. As the saying goes, I guess you can't polish a t*rd. The corrosion and water issues were mentioned to customer service on three seperate occasions, yet the solution was always "replace modem". Not dealing with paying for no service any longer, your company has dropped the ball WAY too many times.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 6 of 6

Hi rickyc, I again apologize for your experiences and sorry to see you go. If you do change your mind in the future or have any questions or concerns please let me know.

Thank you 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.