Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity privacy question

New Poster

Xfinity privacy question

How do I revise Xfinity privacy settings and protect use of my personal information (including PII) for Xfinity internet, emails, TV etc.? 

Given the latest revelations about Facebook selling of personal information, I want to know how to limit Xfinity use of my personal identifying information and other information.  Xfinity is a subscriber based-service that our family pays over $250 @ month to use so it is unlike the supposed business model that Facebook claims.  I don't want my personal use, location, and identifying information traded or sold to third parties in order to target me and my family for marketing purposes. 

Cable Expert

Re: Xfinity privacy question

Opt Out of Comcast Targeted Advertising

Comcast delivers targeted advertisements to users that have signed in to xfinity.com, based on their Xfinity Internet service ZIP code. These ads are delivered to customers by Comcast and Comcast ad-serving partners.

This article provides instructions on how to opt out of these targeted advertisements, should you so choose. Advertisements will still be visible, but they will not be customized based on your location.

Please note that you may need to repeat this process if you sign in to xfinity.com on multiple computers or mobile devices.

Opt-Out of Targeted Comcast Advertisements

1. Sign in to My Account.
  2. Click the Settings tab at the top of the page.
  3. Click Communications & Ad Preferences on the left side of the page.
    Settings tab open. Communications and Ad Preferences hyperlink at bottom left.

4. Scroll down to Advertising Preferences and click Manage Permissions under the Digital Targeted Advertising section. A new tab will open.
  5. Click the Opt Out button. Please note that your request may take up to 72 hours to process.
    Opt out button at left of the page

6. You can also click Turn Off Email Ads to opt out of the advertisements that appear in the Email tab of Xfinity Connect.
    Turn off Email Ads button at center left of the page

Opt Out of Targeted Comcast Ad-Partner Advertisements

1. Sign in to My Account.
  2. Click the Settings tab at the top of the page.
  3. Click Communications & Ad Preferences on the left side of the page.
    Settings tab open. Communications and Ad Preferences hyperlink at bottom left.

4. Scroll down to Advertising Preferences and click Manage Permissions under the Digital Targeted Advertising section. A new tab will open.
  5. Scroll down and click Ad Choices under Partner Ads.
    Ad Choices is left center.

6. The Your Advertising Choices pop-up window will appear. Check the box for any Ad Partner from which you would prefer not to receive advertisements and click Submit Opt-outs.

From https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/opt-out-comcast-ads

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Xfinity privacy question

Thank you for the helpful informaton and assistance!

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation