New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

ANSWERED
New Poster

Re: 4K X1 box

The problem is that you are existing customer,,,

Apparently, xFinity spent 7.7 billion dollars to cover the Winter Olympics and are using this to promote their 4K broadcasts.  Sounds good right?  Looked into it and was able to determine that my X1 box needed to be swapped out to watch the various 4K broadcasts.  So I tried to contact customer service--  via online chat.  After 2 attempts, gave up and had them call me back--  autobot did immediately but lost me on transfer.  Tried again, got connected with customer service representative.  She listened to my needs and was able to confirm that my local store did have the 4K X1 boxes (in fact there were 40 of them).  I asked if she could reserve one of them for me and she said she was able to do so.  I drove over to the store (with my X1 box, power cord and remote) and had to figure out their protocol-- had to sign in and wait for a representative.  About 45 minutes later, spoke with a young man who was interested in what type of 4K TV I had.

I explained that I had reserved a 4K X1 box in an earlier call to the 800 support center.  He went in a door to a back room for about 5 minutes and came back telling me that their store did not have any 4K boxes.  He knew nothing about my reserved box.

I was livid--  then I realized that this is typical for existing customers.

As I was driving home, contacted the 800 number again, told her my story and was able to order a box through the mail.  Explained my story, and expressed that I would like an explanation of how this misservice could have happened...   We'll see,

Regular Visitor

Posting for PM rights.

Regular Visitor

Posting to see if I get PM rights to request a 4K X1 box...

Frequent Visitor

I was able to call the 1-800-comcast and ordered on as follows - highlights below:

- rep confirmed my area/account could have 4k

- confirmed my info to send  the new 4k DVR  to me and would get it in 3 to 5 business days

- once received I could send my old X1 DVR back via UPS or go to my local comcast store where they could first transfer my recorded shows from my old DVR to the new one (we'll see how that works!)

- rep recommended that I get the 4k dvr shipped to me as to not to trust that the local store would have inventory (really!)

- charge for the UPS shipping was said to be $15 but then the rep said he did not see an invoice so maybe I will not get charged

- also asked for and will get shipped the latest internet gateway (cable modem) at no charge. We'll see if it works better than that last new model I got, which did not work right and had to be exchanged for the old model.

Official Employee

Hello all,

Please note, I try to submit each request as soon as possible. I don't ignore any private messages I receive, however, if you don't get a response from me within 1-2 days - I could be not in the office. If you would like to get a response immediately you can call 1-800-XFINITY and submit your request. 

My apologies for the inconvenience. 

Have a wonderful day Smiley Happy 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Need to swap HD DVR for Arris XG1v4 4K DVR

I have the new 4K DVR on order. When I get it, what can I do to insure NOT losing my existing recordings (which of course I will not be able to watch before the swap)?

Official Employee

@bjfigjam - You should get most of your recordings on your new box via the streaming from the Cloud. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

You will be able to access the last 60 hours of recordings, anything past that will be lost

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Service Expert

adding... you can use the stream app and view recordings to see the recordings currently in the could. Same would apply using the web browser and the streaming TV website.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

XG1v4

Looking to upgrade to the 4K box to support new TV. However every time I stop by local store to upgrade they say there are none in stock and phone rep will not provide info on store inventory.
Service Expert

Re: XG1v4

wrote:
Looking to upgrade to the 4K box to support new TV. However every time I stop by local store to upgrade they say there are none in stock and phone rep will not provide info on store inventory.

go to this post http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3041217/hi... that is in this same thread and follow the directions there.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Posting to PM.

Regular Visitor

Hi All,

I'm a bit confused and hope somebody can help. I'm going to be closing on a new home next Thursday and wanted to have my self-installation kit ready so I can get TV and internet right away. I placed the order online but since there's not currently anybody at my new address to receive it, I spoke with a rep about sending it to my current address instead. He told me he could do so, but not if I wanted the 4K box (which I do). I was told I would need to go to my local store and pick it up instead, and he cancelled the shipment.

From reading here, it sounds like not only can the boxes be shipped, but that it's more likely I'll be able to get one that way than if I go to the store. I'd really like to avoid making multiple trips to the store since it's a bit of a drive, and would prefer to start with the 4K box rather than having to switch it out in the future.

Does anybody have any advice? If I could just get a 4K box sent to my current address that would be ideal. Then I can just bring it over to the new place and install it. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hi, Can I get a Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box shipped to me? Apparently there are none availability in the Denver, CO area Thx
Official Employee

Hi, @WolcottSteve - Do you currently have active services with us at your current address? If yes - I can ship you a 4K DVR box to your current address. I just need to get your full name, address, and a phone number associated with your account in a private message. Thank you!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

4K X1 box

How to get box mailed to me?

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hi,

Who do I need to contact at Comcast to get a Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box shipped to me. Apprently there are none availability in Denver, CO.

Thx

Regular Visitor

I got one this week by chatting online with a Comcast rep. Took two days to arrive.

Official Employee

@Pski2 - I posted instructions a couple of times in this post. You can send me your full name, address, and a phone number associated with your account in a private message and I will be happy to assist. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Is this really how I can get a 4K box? I too would like to order one, please
New Poster

Do you think you can send me one?Thanks. Do i have to put my private info here?
New Poster

XG1v4

How do I get this new XG1v4 box?

Service Expert

Re: XG1v4

please follow the directions in the post that is a few above yours from the Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Hi, I would like to send you a PM to order the 4k set top box.  Existing comcast internet user, but the PM function doesn't work to let me send you a message.  Could you kindly help?  Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The PM works now. 

Regular Visitor

Just posting a public message to activate the PM feature.  Thanks!

Regular Visitor

I have issues sending a message. 

Service Expert

@bcbbc2202 wrote:

I have issues sending a message. 

try now

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Worked. Thanks. 

New Poster

4K set top box

Please tell me how to get a new 4K set top box.

Service Expert

Re: 4K set top box

@Dre2 wrote:

Please tell me how to get a new 4K set top box.

an earlier post in this thread has the instructions: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3050078/hi...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Problem Solver

Re: 4K set top box

if I call for a box do I have to talk to people? or is it automated?

Contributor

I had the same experience with COMCAST CHAT Customer Service as recent as 2/17 or 2/18/2018.  I was reassured several times that all I had to do was go to my local store to exchange my old box for the newer 4k DVR or else they would ship one to me for $15.  I tried calling my local store but the call was routed to a central customer service desk.  They told me the new box is not yet available at my local store but they could ship one to me and I could return the old one by mail or drop it off locally.  So, I'm expecting one to arrive in 3-5 business days from today, 2/19/2018; shipping fee waived.

Contributor

I had the same experience with COMCAST CHAT Customer Service as recent as 2/17 or 2/18/2018.  I was reassured several times that all I had to do was go to my local store to exchange my old box for the newer 4k DVR or else they would ship one to me for $15.  I tried calling my local store but the call was routed to a central customer service desk.  They told me the new box is not yet available at my local store but they could ship one to me and I could return the old one by mail or drop it off locally.  So, I'm expecting one to arrive in 3-5 business days from today, 2/19/2018.  I was told there would be no additional fees and shipping would be waived.  Wait and see what happens next.

Service Expert

to request a 4K set top DVR (only 4K available at this time) see this post (on this thread) http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3050078/hi...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

How do I remove any personal data, passwords, etc from the old box before I exchange for a new box?
Official Employee

@PineSap wrote:
How do I remove any personal data, passwords, etc from the old box before I exchange for a new box?

Check your private messages

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Having some issues getting an updated 4k box here in Seattle area. Can I please get some assistance ordering one? I am a 4k Netflix subscriber.

Thank you!

Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla - would you be able to submit an order for me as well? Thanks in advance!

New Poster

Just posting to try to get PM to work.

New Poster

PM is not working and want to request 4k box 

Official Employee

Hello all,

@Darlowe @Spindoctor - Didn't get private messages with requested information from you, please let me know if you still need any assistance.

@Seannoreen @danjoycetx - Got your messages and will respond back asap. Thank you!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

XG1v4 Box Request

According to this thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-XG1v4-TV-Box/td-p/2907630 I'm supposed to post a request in this forum for the new XG1v4 box.

Thank you

Admin1

Re: XG1v4 Box Request

Hi Hyperspace13 -- I can help ship you a 4K box. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will be able to ship you a 4K box with this information.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Other than the ability to show Netflix and Olympics in 4k, are there any other benefits to this box over the standard DVR HD DVR box? Not sure I can justify paying an additional $10/month for just the Olympics (EVERY other device can do Netflix!)

Service Expert

@ign8shus wrote:

Other than the ability to show Netflix and Olympics in 4k, are there any other benefits to this box over the standard DVR HD DVR box? Not sure I can justify paying an additional $10/month for just the Olympics (EVERY other device can do Netflix!)

no other 4k has been announced at this time other than what you listed.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

So - no other benefits to this box? Guess I'll return it...thanks!

New Poster

Request for Xfinity XG1v4 Self-Installation Kit

The post here indicated that we should request a Self-Installation Kit: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-the-Xfinity-XG1v4-TV-Box-and-how-does-it/ta-p/29402...

Please send a kit to our Comcast service address.

Regular Visitor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

I am interested in getting a XG1v4 Box. Can someone help me?

Contributor

@nlclhc wrote:

I am interested in getting a XG1v4 Box. Can someone help me?

Send a PM (Private Message) to @ComcastElla and she'll set you up. She's the best.

Regular Visitor

Thanks very much.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More